Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Digging Too Deep IC: Nightmare  (Read 3058 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Digging Too Deep IC: Coffee of Cthulhu
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2017, 06:45:32 pm »

Troy continues to watch without a word, grim fascination transitioning to mundane interest. He attempts to catch a glimpse at the receipt the EMT mentioned.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2017, 07:00:44 pm »

Lewis, horrified by the collapse of the man, dumps out his coffee in the sink and goes back to work. It seems that he'd suddenly lost the taste for coffee.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2017, 05:20:54 am »

Sylvia continues jotting down notes, and also tries to peek at the receipt, perhaps the man's full name if he made the purchase with a credit card.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2017, 08:34:27 pm »

Suzanne thinks for a moment, then speaks. "That makes sense, but if he thought he was solving... whatever it was that he needed solved, then why'd he call 911?"

"Don't know, wasn't on the call. Could have been someone else. They said it was just the address right? Could have changed his mind half way through."

"He was nearly delirious. Kept mumbling about how he couldn't sleep, that he needed more coffee. And it looked like he was having a hard time speaking too. Could barely hear him."

"Thanks, it sounds like my diagnosis was correct then."

As the second EMT asks about the police department, outside the window the lights continue flashing while the noise of the sirens died. A fire truck drives off (satisfied with the lack of fire) while a police officer enters through the door. He was an older man, with a shaved head and a well groomed greying mustache, the local sheriff as shown by his badge marking his name "HOLT above his blue uniform.

"Everything allright in here?" he ask, looking at the man on the ground. The male EMT quickly fills him in on the situation as he listens patiently.

"Nope, never had any trouble with the guy. Hope he pulls through." the sheriff states as the EMT relays Suzanne's question to him. "Not much more I can do to help though. I'll get out of your way and let you work."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2017, 07:47:21 pm »

((The rest has been done VIA PM)).

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2017, 08:00:20 pm »

There's not much more the EMTs can do asides from load the man into the ambulance, although that seems entirely unnecessary for simple sleep deprivation.

Without saying anything, Suzanne rummages through the man's pockets for any type of contact number. Anyone she could call to pick this guy up; he's really not in bad enough condition for much more than a ride home.
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2017, 08:42:36 pm »

As the man is carted off Troy turns to his table, picking up his newspaper. He then approaches the bar, taking steps to avoid where the man had fallen.

"Mind if I trouble you for a cup to go?" he says, directing the question to the female employee with a smile. "That was a bit of a scare eh?" Troy attempts to get on her good side, acting the concerned citizen.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 04:27:06 am by Cain12 »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2017, 09:11:49 pm »

Something about this seems. . . fishy to Dix. After the EMT's load him into the ambulance, Dix begins to follow them, in a car if he has one. If the man is picked up and taken home by someone, he follows ten, marking down various information about them in a notebook.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2017, 11:45:57 pm »

Sylvia realizes she may have competition from one of the local reporters as she spots Dix leaving the coffee shop to follow the EMTs. She makes haste in an attempt to find out the story about "Mr. C" before the other man does.

Sylvia attempts to hail a cab in dramatic fashion, unaware that it isn't as effective outside of the busy city.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2017, 02:49:38 pm »

An EMPT pokes through the rest of the man's pockets, finding a simple leather wallet. It is filled with a couple of twenty-dollar bills, but lacks anything else (including a driver's license). With that done, the man is carted into the back of the ambulance which speeds off towards the hospital.

The lady at the counter responds to the man walking up to the bar. "The doctor said he'd be fine, right? Mr. C probably wouldn't want us worrying about him." she stated, while pouring coffee into a small paper cup.

Following his nose, the detective decides to stalk the ambulance to the hospital. Waiting patiently in position, he finds that nobody has come to pick up the man yet. Several hours go by, and the man seems to remain in the building. There is very little coming and going here, the hospital has a mostly vacant parking lot with a few visitors stopping by (each leaving either alone or taking someone significantly younger from the building).

Fearing competition, the reporter attempts to hail a cab. This-predictably- fails, leading one to wonder how she arrived at the coffee shop in the first place.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2017, 04:59:38 pm »

"Sure, but ones like that need watching, don't know when to get help. He got someone who can look after him?" Fishing out his wallet from his coat pocket he leaves the appropriate amount of money, plus a small tip.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2017, 01:48:04 pm »

Dix decides to go in and interrogate the man himself. He enters the hospital and tries to gain entry to the man's room.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2017, 03:16:39 pm »

"Sure, but ones like that need watching, don't know when to get help. He got someone who can look after him?" Fishing out his wallet from his coat pocket he leaves the appropriate amount of money, plus a small tip.

The waitress takes the money over to the register while answering.

"He's always talking about his wife, and he has a couple of kids too. I think they moved out of town to raise their own families, but his wife has always been in good health. She'll take good care of him, don't you worry. I think if he just retired from that old job of his, he would get all the rest he needs. I know he loves it, but there comes a time when he just needs to step back and pass the torch to the next generation if only for his own health!"

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2017, 02:38:59 pm »

Pfp ((freaking computer, also if I don'the wrap this up soon it will transition from justifed small talk to inappropriately holding this poor woman up.))

"Sounds like a stubborn man. Though it isn't easy to leave something you love, what does he do?" As he talks he empties a packet of sugar into the cup, stirring slowly.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2017, 07:13:04 pm »

((Alright! All the threads are tied up more or less, time to move on. Sorry for the wait everyone, we should probably stick together more if we keep this format up.))

After a long, odd day everyone finally returns home to relax. Nothing unusual happens during this time, allowing everyone to fall asleep in their homes, hotel rooms, or other lodgings.

That is when the nightmare came.

It starts out dark, pitch black in all directions. The familiar taping sound is all there is. With each tap, a beam of light shines through the darkness. Tap....one....tap....two...tap....three and so on and so forth. After the nineteenth beam, a massive light appears in the background. The tapping continues as it moves downward like a spotlight, illuminating the entire area. Finally you can see-you are in a cave, a natural one judging by the tooth like rock protrusions dripping with each tap. The little lights show themselves-miner's helmets, on top of dark muddy robes. Each robed figure was holding a pickaxe, bent over as if in prayer tapping the ground with their tools simultaneously. One by one with each tap, they let go of their picks and slowly remove their hoods. The pick continues to tap even as it is left to fall. Under each of their hoods is a human face-at least for a moment. The first has a long beard covering half of it- which slowly ignites as he begins screaming in agony. His head sizzles like a steak on the grill as flesh falls away in ashes, leaving nothing but a skeleton behind. The skeleton returns to its pious position, motionless. The second is a clean shaven young man. He grabs at his neck, bending over to throw up. Instead of puke, a stream of maggots, worms, beetles, and other insects pours forth in an unending current. They quickly begin eating their way through his cheeks, poking out his nose and eyes as he is devoured by the swarm. Soon all that is left is his skeleton, still vomiting forth as it kowtows.

Those who look away from the spectacle see a different sight. Along the cave wall in a perfect circle is everyone in the coffee shop earlier today. Some are wearing dark robes and bowing toward the center, others are shackled to the walls against their will. The old man is here as well-chained to the wall. You all note that you are fettered, any attempts to move feel like barbed wire scraping against your wrists and ankles. Suddenly-in tune with the taping, the old man begins vomiting forth a stream of bugs like the hooded figure below. Those bowing igniting in flames, one by one to the tap, tap, tap.

Soon-before the next hooded figure revealed itself, it was your turn. You feel the need to throw up, as a tickling feeling fills your nose. No matter how hard you try to hold it back, it comes. Thousands of bugs begin crawling out of your mouth, marching across and under your tongue and teeth and the roof of your mouth and filling up your throat. Its enough to make you want to vomit, though you already are. Your nose likewise lets out a surge of carrion bug-long worms wiggling their way out taking long lines of snot with them. Buzzing fills your ears as beetles make their way out of your ear canals (though even that is not enough to stop the tapping). You can't breath. You are drowning in the flood if insects, each time you try you only invite more insects back inside of you. Desperately you try inhaling, pulling clumps if insects back through your lungs as your skin goes blue. But a pinching sensation soon overfills your body-you are being eaten alive from the inside out. The stinging fills your ears and mouth and cheeks. A wiggling sensation crawls up your face and to your eyes. When it finally makes it there your vision goes black once again.

You wake suddenly, the light of the next morning greeting you.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4