Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Digging Too Deep IC: Nightmare  (Read 3054 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Digging Too Deep IC: Coffee of Cthulhu
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2017, 12:20:50 am »

"Sir, are you alright? Maybe you should have some water, maybe lie down a bit?"
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2017, 12:38:06 am »

"....No.....can't sleep....need coffee....Tap...................tap...tap"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2017, 12:42:59 am »

"What's keeping you from sleeping?"
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2017, 12:48:49 am »

"Coffee....neeed more.....need moree...taptaptap"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2017, 05:54:04 pm »

The man picks up his mug, the sound of sirens appearing and growing ever louder as the cup touched his lips. For a third time the ghastly seizure takes him-the cup crashing into pieces as it hits the floor. His body follows soon after, twitching like a spider knocked off its feat in a puddle of his former drink. A gurgling sound continued to escape his mouth, along with an amount of regurgitated brown coffee. His bloodshot eyes roll to the back of his head before his eyes close, his body unmoving as two EMTS burst though the door.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2017, 07:56:30 pm »

Silvia quickly packs up her things and begins to walk over to the seizing man, pen writing rapidly in her notebook. She curses to herself, wishing she had her tape recorder with her. At least she might get a story out of this.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2017, 09:40:16 pm »

Dix gets up quickly once the man starts seizing - partly because he doesn't want to get coffee on himself. He then attempts to help the man, rather ineffectually, what with his lack of medical training. He waits for the EMTs to arrive, and helps however we can.

Glory to United Forenia!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2017, 09:50:20 pm »

Troy rises from his booth after the man collapses to get a better view, the 7 letter word for mournful 
and his coffee abandoned in favor of a much more gripping subject.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 09:53:03 pm by Cain12 »

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2017, 12:07:16 pm »

Suzanne, one of the EMTs, rushes through the doors to the shop. An older EMT runs ahead of her, though Suzanne is the one with the medical supplies.

Her partner checks for vitals while Suzanne surveys the room. Without a prior briefing of the situation, she has to consider each circumstance. Is there a sign of a struggle, any assailants? We can't rule out assault.

She snaps herself out of her trance and follows after her partner. "Here, take this," she says, handing the medical kit to her partner. "Alright, I need everyone to clear the room! Give the man some space, keep your distance!"
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 12:10:20 pm by thatroleplayerGal »
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2017, 05:17:03 pm »

The old EMT raises the even older man's hand, checking his pulse using his wrist. The EMT then puts his head to the old man's chest, before coming back up with the verdict.

"His heart is beating and he's still breathing. Both are much faster than they should be, but he is currently alive, if unconscious."

The EMT then ruffles though the man's shirt pocket, pulling out a bottle of pills along with a receipt.

"I thought I recognized it...this is a bottle of NoDoze, and a receipt marked for yesterday."

He shakes the bottle around, producing a rattling sound before opening it carefully.

"Its half-gone. He had to be popping these pills like candy, leading to a caffeine overdose. Symptoms include vomiting, irregular heartbeat, convulsions and involuntary muscle movement, confusion and hallucinations. Increased thirst too, he probably tried solving that with the coffee. I've seen it a couple of times with truckers trying to pull a couple of all nighters in a row. Not good on his old bones, but he'll probably pull through."

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2017, 05:24:27 pm »

"Coffee?" Suzanne asks. "You'd think he'd realize that would just make him thirstier. Guess not."
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2017, 05:39:31 pm »

"Its unlikely that he realized his problem was due to caffeine in the first place. While it does have a diuretic effect the water in coffee usually more than makes up for it, and he seems to have a high tolerance for caffeine due to habitually drinking it. Its only in very high doses that it becomes an issue, by that point the mental effects of the overdose along with the lack of sleep meant he was incapable of putting two and two together rationally. Its plausible he thought he was killing two birds with one stone, ending his thirst while continuing to increase his caffeine intake."

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2017, 05:48:54 pm »

Suzanne thinks for a moment, then speaks. "That makes sense, but if he thought he was solving... whatever it was that he needed solved, then why'd he call 911?"

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2017, 05:52:03 pm »

"He was nearly delirious. Kept mumbling about how he couldn't sleep, that he needed more coffee. And it looked like he was having a hard time speaking too. Could barely hear him."

Glory to United Forenia!

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2017, 06:16:43 pm »

Suzanne turns to the well-dressed man, then back to Gil again. "Could be a mental thing. Should we call ahead, ask the police department if they've got any reports on this guy?"

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4