Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Generic God Game: Turn 4.5  (Read 10248 times)

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Generic God Game: Turn 4
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2017, 01:05:41 pm »

Name: Commander Farsight. (Reference anyone?)
Main affinity: Protection
Secondary affinity: Justice
Backstory: He was a normal dude in a giant mech suit. Now his suit has been amplified by alien technology and via the intervention of another God and artifact nanites has (technically, with limitations) become a god.
He uses these abilities to protect his followers and bring justice on his enemies.
His mech suit is around 20 feet tall and he wields a large sword that absorbs the life forces of thise he slays, amplifying his godly powers and lengthening his still mortal life.

create an avatar of my divine wrath to protect this fledging worldplain and slay its enemies.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2017, 01:09:19 pm »

Backstory: He was a normal dude in a giant mech suit. Now his suit has been amplified by alien technology and via the intervention of another God and artifact nanites has (technically, with limitations) become a god.
He uses these abilities to protect his followers and bring justice on his enemies.
His mech suit is around 20 feet tall and he wields a large sword that absorbs the life forces of thise he slays, amplifying his godly powers and lengthening his still mortal life.

create an avatar of my divine wrath to protect this fledging worldplain and slay its enemies.
Yes, hello Mr. Fire Tau guy, assistance, protection, and great justice would be greatly appreciated.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2017, 02:37:31 pm »

Yes, hello Mr. Fire Tau guy, assistance, protection, and great justice would be greatly appreciated.

Probably start in surprise. But then again, you have been EVERYWHERE, if I understood yiur backstory correctly.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2017, 02:51:44 pm »

Probably start in surprise. But then again, you have been EVERYWHERE, if I understood your backstory correctly.
Not quite. It's just that I'll send him everywhere, eventually.
Also, while he has met the Emprahsque, he has not actually been to WH40K prime yet (in other words, yes, I will sometimes send him to fanfiction realms, because it is amusing to watch him suffer), and any realm that he visits can never be more than a copy of the original (just because he goes to, say, Star Wars episode 2 and kills Jar-Jar Binks does not mean that the Star Wars movies now have some blindfolded guy made of sand, fire, and metal from another dimension come out of nowhere and kill Jar-Jar Binks), so while Aaron would know the name (I repeat from earlier, he has no fourth wall and free access to tvtropes and the rest of our internet), he wouldn't necessarily know the specific iteration of the character, and it is exceedingly unlikely that the character would know him.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Generic God Game: Turn 4.5
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2017, 05:18:35 am »

Ehen-Tewei:
Abstract looks vaguely dissapointed. Then an idea strikes their mind.
Create a literal hole that is black.
If a hole is a lack of material in a spot, how can it, a lack of something, be black?

Turn wolfman into an actual, flesh-and-blood wolf. It won't have the thumbs tonwield the sword, so it'll be much weaker.
(4+2-4=2) Nothing happens. Huh.

The Broken Mirror:
Take a look around in this place on the other side of the portal. Prepare to reform. Destroy that dragons-damned sword.

EDIT: Less of a gameplay thing, but could you please add colors to the map? It's hard to see where stuff is with everything in just white.
((OOC: Hell. No. Do you have any idea how hard it would be to get every single thing it's own colour? I wouldn't be able to find anything when editing new things in because everything would be covered in [color] and [/color]. I would do it, but it would be extremely annoying to deal with on my end, so no. Oh, and for crying out loud stop calling me Lootington!))

(5) Having had to reform a million times before, you prepare to reform, but you suddenly feel a large tugging feeling, and feel yourself dragged through what feels like some sort of portal. You look around and see that you're in what looks to be some sort of large red crystaline structure, in the middle is what looks to be cube of pure red crystal next to a cube of pure white crystal. The red one is much larger than the white one, and you see some sort of energy flowing out of them to your surroundings, the energy lines from the red cube seem much bigger than the energy lines of the white cube. You turn around and see a very large pile of dice. Wait a minute, why are they moving, they look to be forming some sort of shape...

Minor Good:
Pretty fireworks! Minor says, as she reforms at the top of the tree. She starts to look around, wondering what she was doing here.

I know I made this for some reason... Ah right, I wanted to make a tall tree so I could see where the tree deer is!

Minor goes south to find the tree deer, when she sees how slow of a progress it has made, she decides to speed things up. Make it big enough to cover four tiles at once!
(1+1-1=1) You decide to go south... wait, which way's south... you kinda forgot. Hmmm, maybe you should go up towards the pretty lights? Yeah that seems like a good idea, so you decide to go say hi to the shiny lights wolf. Aaaaw look, it's shooting crystals at you!.. Wait what? (2+2=4 VS 2) You realize what's happening just as the crystals are about to reach you, and quickly force one of the tree's branches to grown infront of you, forming a shield. It works and stops the crystals from hitting you, but then you're blasted back as giant red crystaline fist smashes the the wooden shield and smacks into you, before retreating back to the arm it belongs to. You're very dazed by this. (-1 to next roll.) You stumble from the force of the impact, causing you to trip and (1(...Seriously? 2 1s already. You know what, I'm going to reroll the next 2 1s.)) smash into the ground with quite some force. Ouch. Your legs are broken, your left arm is mush, you have a broken nose, and a small chunk of flesh is missing from your chest. Might wanna fix that.

Raven:
Harden my skin and bones and start fighting the monster
(5+2=7) You harden your skin quite considerably, you're not going to be dying any time soon. Now to fight the monster... (4+1=5 VS 4+3=7) You form a beam of pure death and send it towards the wolf. It smashes into the side of it's head an-*flicker*-d slightly damages it's arm? What the hell!? How!? Aaw crap, you think it just killed Minor and now it's aiming at you. (4+2=6 VS (5+2=7) A giant crystal smashes into your side, but you quickly heal it with some of your powers, leaving you with only some minor bruises.

Ezzen:
Ezzen is a little miffed. Understandably, he attempts to grant himself immunity to gravity effects.
(6) Congrats! You are no longer affected by gravity! Which means you are now floating about weightlessly! Yay!

Dux:
Hmmm, was this suppose to happen when something dies? Eh, might as well roll with it. Always wanted to be a Canid anyway.

Well, I'm within the head, see if I can Unite with the wolf's mind becoming one with it.
(5+1=6 VS 3+3=6) Hmmm, you think you've got something you're almost there, you've done it! The wolf is now-*flicker*- not yours! Wait, what?

Abstract-Sempai:
Abstract looks vaguely dissapointed. Then an idea strikes their mind.
Create a literal hole that is black.
(1. Damnit, I have to waist a reroll, rolling agai- ANOTHER 1!? Ugh, reroll. 2. Ha. Haha, hahahahahaha, haa haaaaaa. Wait do you mean I'm going crazy, I'm not going crazy... *heavy breathing*) You do nothing. Nothing, at all. Because you got a 2. And because Dicey used you to waste THE GOD DAMN REROLLS!

Erza The God-Forge Communion Of Infinite Universes:
Erza chuckles at himself as his spell fails.
"It's been a few thousand millennia since I couldn't control something. I'd forgotten the challenge of actually having to try."
Construct Artifact: Infinite Tank Factory. Set build order to summon tanks on infinite repeat.
(3+2=5) You create an infinity Tank Factory, and no the crystal wolf's focusing fire on it. (3+2=5 VS 1(ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?)) ...Well, atleast you got 3 tanks out! NOW TANKS YOU BETTER FUCKING MURDER THAT THING, BECAUSE I AM SICK AND TIRED OF DICEY'S BULLSHIT! (1+1+1(...FUCKING SERIOUSLY!? ALL THREE OF THE TANKS GOT FUCKING 1S! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!) VS 5(OF COURSE THE STARTER BOSS GETS A FIVE)+2=7) They all miss, BECAUSE THE DICE HATES ALL OF US, AND THEN, GUESS WHAT HAPPENS!? ALL THE TANKS GET DESTROYED! (THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SMALL BOSS TO GET EVERYONE STARTED, NOT A FUCKING DESTROYER OF EVERYTHING!!!!) (1(FINALLY, THE BAD GUY ROLLS A 1!) VS 6(Finally.)) It fires a crystal at you, but you bounce it back and it smashes into the crystaline red wolf, destroying both of it's arms. You watch as the arms regrow, but now it's entire body seems quite a bit less red than before.

Khusuba:
Khusuba silently stares at the red crystal wolf. Looks like the desert deity is planning to strike the beast.

Try to blow the beast away with sandstorm blast, if it will not work, create three thousands of sharp sandstone spikes and hurl all of them at the beast.
(1.(...You know what, fuck it. I'm gonna go get a drink, I'll finish the turn later.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 06:17:58 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2017, 05:40:14 am »

I swear on the dragons...

EDIT: Waitwaitwaitwait, are those the dice?
Nope. Nope. Directly apply a portal scroll to those things, drop 'em in the Chroniq Vault.

Chronoturgy. Apply some distortative Chronoturgy, try manipulating those rolls by slowing down portions of the dice as they roll until they land on the side I want them to.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 06:50:37 am by Glass »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2017, 05:42:11 am »

Hoping to get a second action this turn, I Go to a further-off corner of the world and create a shrine to beasthood.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2017, 07:37:31 am »

When in doubt throw everything you have at it. KILL THAT MONSTER!
No sig yet

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2017, 03:42:03 pm »

SUMMON DEERTHING TO TAKE ME AWAYYYYY

Also, looks like that resting bonus didn't give me squat.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2017, 03:46:54 pm »

When I actually get dm'd, join the avatar in smacking the wolf. Well, not smacking. Fire my plasma rifle at it, using the target lock to assist aim. (http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Commander_Farsight#Wargear)
Then, smack it in the face with the sharp side of my Dawn Blade.
Kill it.
Absorb its life essence.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2017, 06:23:10 pm »

Ezzen seems... a little in between about this. He then tries to grant himself the ability to apply force to himself(which will let him fly using his earlier ability).
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2017, 12:38:29 am »

Sigh about the fate of my tank factory. Start work on an Artifact Missile Launcher.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2017, 02:21:59 am »

Reserved for next turn action.

To GM: Did you finish drinking the drink? Good, now give my previous action a description already!
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2017, 04:28:05 pm »

Y'know, this has been very interesting. Interesting in the same way as a train wreck in slow motion.

Remember the action I stated? Okay. "The side I want" refers to "not 1". In other words, reroll any and all ones for... um... a while. Maybe sixes, too.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile

IGNORE THIS!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 03:53:12 pm by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7