Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Generic God Game: Turn 4.5  (Read 10277 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Generic God Game: Turn 4.5
« on: April 11, 2017, 03:14:51 pm »

I'm a bit bored.

So I've decided to create and play a god game.

I'm the major god.

You guys are minor gods.

Let's do stuff.

Rolls decide everything.

You can spawn in whenever you want.

No maximum amount of gods.

Lot's o' turns.

You are allowed to mess with the world as much as you want.

The story is that I'm bored major god who wants to mess around with some minor gods... yes, my name is Tikknak. And yes, I am basicly calling myself a major god.

Turn Library:
Turn 0-The first gods arrive.
Turn 1
Turn 2-GraviSword is created.
Turn 3
Turn 4-The first 'deaths'

Player List:
Tikknak(?) (Alive)
The Broken Mirror (Half Dead/Half Alive)
Ehen-Tewei (Alive)
Minor Good (Alive)
Raven (Alive)
Ezzen (Alive)
Dux (Half Dead/Half Alive)
Abstract-Sempai (Alive)
Erza The God-Forge Communion Of Infinite Universes (Alive)
Khusuba (Alive)

Artifact Library:
GraviSword:
GraviSword Material Strength: 9/10
GraviSword Magical Strength: 10/10
GraviSword Craftsmanship: 8/10
GraviSword Weight: 12/10!

GraviSword Properties: Gravitational Pull and Lava abilities.[/size]

'Map' Library:
W=Wasteland
T=Tikknak
F=Forest
E=Ehen-Tewei
M=Minor Good
GS=GraviSword
R=Raven
LP=Large Plains
EZ=Ezzen
U=Underground Entrance
D=Dux
AS=Abstract-Sempai
EF=Erza The God-Forge Communion Of Infinite Universes
DW=Deep Woods
L=Luckster

'Map':
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|AS|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|L|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|K |W|W|W|W|W|W|R|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|U|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|LP|LP|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|LP|LP|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|DW|DW|DW|E |W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|DW|M|DW|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|DW|DW|DW|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|F |W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|F |W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|EF|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|T |W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|

Character sheet:

Godly Name:
Godly Gender:
Godly Main Affinity:
Godly Secondary Affinity:
Godly Backstory:

« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 05:36:08 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Generic God Game
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 03:31:12 pm »

You guys are minor goods.

Who would want to play as packs of gum, rolls of tape, or other such trinkets?

For real, though-

Godly Name: Ehen-Tewei
Godly Gender: Male
Godly Main Affinity: Animals
Godly Secondary Affinity: Transfiguration
Godly Backstory: Born from when the world's primal energies from the world's origin met the first mortal being, he came to watch over those less than sapient before gaining the strength necessary to make his precense known as a guardian of the wild world and punisher of those who shun its glory, pulling them down to all four limbs (more or less) until they forgot their "civilized" origins.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 03:47:10 pm »

*Snrk* okay.

Godly Name: The Broken Mirror
Godly Gender: Technically lacking, identifies as male
Godly Main Affinity: Time
Godly Secondary Affinity: Sand and metal
Godly Backstory: Let's get the important part out of the way, first:
The Broken Mirror is technically dead.
More specifically, he got dropped into a universe that wasn't his home one and died in a sandstorm. However, because he wasn't on the godly books of that universe per se, they just decided that he must be a new sand spirit.
He was unaware of this.
Since then, he has traveled even more dimensions, accruing more magics along the way, all reflective of the land he finds himself in.
In a land of blood and steel, he established himself as the master of metals, able to warp and manipulate them from afar.
And when a magic mirror - and the realms and time itself - broke, he found that a piece had lodged within him, and he could manipulate the flow of time.
No, he wasn't a Time Lord. That would be dumb. But he could make time flow faster, slower, stop, and, for small areas and brief periods of time, rewind.
And so, he adopted the moniker of Chroniqler. But he would always be a wanderer, and the Broken Mirror of lands shattered.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 03:39:12 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 04:58:08 pm »

Godly Name: Minor Good
Godly Gender: Female
Godly Main Affinity: Nature
Godly Secondary Affinity: Growth
Godly Backstory: Minor doesn't know how she ended up here, she doesn't even know what her name is. All she knows is that she wants to make this place beautiful, with lots of trees, and flowers. She also wants to make you beautiful, and will put a lei around your neck and flowers in your hair (or whatever you have). She really doesn't know what is going on...

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Generic God Game: Turn 0
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 02:22:44 am »

Tikknak was currently wandering around, and he was very bored. Then he realized, why not entertain himself by making a new world? And why not 'invite' over some other gods? Or maybe even create one or two? So, he created the very basics of a world, and summoned his three gods.

Ehen-Tewei:
First, he created Ehen-Tewei, and molded him into a god of Animals and Transfiguration, and plopped him down into the world, giving him some memories.

The Broken Mirror:
Then he summoned over The Broken Mirror, a god who was constantly travelling to new places... actually if he's perfectly honest Tikknak didn't summon The Broken Mirror, The Broken Mirror just decided to investigate this new place and ended up getting caught in it because of the whole 'A new realm must have atleast 4 gods' thing, so he couldn't leave unless the world was destroyed, and if the world was destroyed Tikknak might get upset. Or he might just laugh his ass off. Who knows what he'll do.

Minor Good:
Then he summoned... well, he's not entirely sure what he summoned. He think he summoned something with Nature and Growth, but it's calling itself a minor good... yep there's definetly something wrong with it. Tikknat refuses to call it a female, for crying out loud it's called itself a minor good how can you... wait a minute, I don't remember creating those trees and flowers. I created nothing but an empty wasteland! Oh, wait, she probabaly did that... nevermind.

Tikknak:
Then he gave himself a little chair and some popcorn, and sat down to watch the show begin.

GM Stuff: Map Updated. Turn Library Updated. Added Player List.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 12:07:56 pm by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 05:53:54 am »

Um. Okay... (Viewing the map for an iPad does not work especially well...)
Just observe for the time being.
Sit down and make a sword.

EDIT: yeah, that explanation of how tBM got stuck here is approximately what always happens, in some way of another. He's kind of resigned to it by now.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 08:16:02 am by Glass »

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 06:06:12 am »

Minor looks around and is happy to see all the greenery, but is sad there is no one around to see it. She goes south,  creating more forest tiles along the way.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 07:06:36 am »

Ehen, knowing that some of Minor's greenery would need animals to survive, conjured some generic forest animals into being to occupy the short stretch of forest. He didn't know how he knew what animals belonged in a forest, but he didn't give it a second thought.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Generic God Game: Turn 1
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 10:38:22 am »

Ehen-Tewei:
Ehen, knowing that some of Minor's greenery would need animals to survive, conjured some generic forest animals into being to occupy the short stretch of forest. He didn't know how he knew what animals belonged in a forest, but he didn't give it a second thought.
(3+2=5) You create a friving eco-system, every non-wasteland tile from now on will always have creatures on it.

The Broken Mirror:
Um. Okay... (Viewing the map for an iPad does not work especially well...)
Just observe for the time being.
Sit down and make a sword.

EDIT: yeah, that explanation of how tBM got stuck here is approximately what always happens, in some way of another. He's kind of resigned to it by now.
(5+0.3=5.3)You sit down on the floor and start creating an artifact sword. ((All weaponry created by gods are automaticly artifacts, however they take 3 turns to create. During each of these turns you can choose what you want to add to the sword, and a roll will decide how well it does.))

Artifact Sword Name: ???
Artifact Sword Material Strength: 5/10
Artifact Sword Magical Strength: 4/10
Artifact Sword Craftsmanship: 2/10
Artifact Sword Weight: 9/10

Minor Good:
Minor looks around and is happy to see all the greenery, but is sad there is no one around to see it. She goes south, creating more forest tiles along the way.
(1+2+1=4) You walk South a bit, creating some pretty nice looking forest area.

Tikknak:
Just keeps watching for now.

GM Stuff:
Note: Have multiple affinities will mean that the advantages are devided between them. For example, The Broken Mirror will have a +0.3 for each thing he does involving Sand, Metal, and Fire.
Map Updated.
Turn Library Updated.
Artifact Library added.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 12:06:36 pm by TankKit »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 11:58:27 am »

Minor Good, how about we combine our powers to create a forest guardian that spreads the forest on it's own. It can be a deer with antlers like tree branches. What do you think?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 12:13:23 pm »

Huh. Cool, I guess.

Um... If tBM sticks the sword into the ground, then it will reform into a giant metal tree/tower that is suitable for living in. Other than that, the sword will just be made to look pretty. Probably with a tree theme.

NOTE: As a general rule, if tBM is making a weapon, it is because he's just killing time, making art. His personal weapon is a quarterstaff with embedded gems that let it shoot "compressed ball lightning".
Mind you, he doesn't use it often. Not unless someone is currently trying to attack him or a friend of his. It's generally used either for utility or intimidation, and most of the time, he just uses it as a walking stick.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2017, 12:23:04 pm »

Minor Good, how about we combine our powers to create a forest guardian that spreads the forest on it's own. It can be a deer with antlers like tree branches. What do you think?

Minor meanders through the forest, inspect all the new animals. Upon hearing a voice, she appears to be startled, as she looks around.
"Hmm? Who said that? Oh! It's you, you made all the pretty creatures."
She places a crown of flowers on your head, and steps back to admire her work. After an uncomfortably long pause, she blinks a few times and shakes her head.
"Sorry, I must have spaced out. Umm...yes, we can work together to make that...thing? A deer you said? Yeah, I can do that."
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 12:25:20 pm by Elvish Miner »

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2017, 12:30:20 pm »

Godly Name: Raven
Godly Gender: Female
Godly Main Affinity: Life
Godly Secondary Affinity: Death
Godly Backstory: Raven is your average dimension hopping Goddess of life and death, She enjoys watching mortals, beheading sinners, and creating life
No sig yet

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2017, 01:11:53 pm »

@glass see if this looks better on your end
Code: [Select]
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|BM|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|F |F |F |W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|F |F |F |W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|M|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|E |W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|T |W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2017, 01:24:03 pm »

Yeah, that helps. Thanks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7