Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Remnants of the Precursors, free Master of Orion 1 remake  (Read 51377 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Remnants of the Precursors, free Master of Orion 1 remake
« Reply #120 on: September 05, 2017, 07:22:01 am »

Hello,

Been testing a bit of the Mrrshan in 4.05 with only 2 AI and me and noticed i have not seen any of the GNN reporting when an empire grow in amount of planet , i only saw the announcement of the election coming and the ratings .

The interface changes since 3.x seems nice so far, very cool to finally see the battle now, great work !

RayFowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 05, 2017, 05:23:24 pm »

Hello,

Been testing a bit of the Mrrshan in 4.05 with only 2 AI and me and noticed i have not seen any of the GNN reporting when an empire grow in amount of planet , i only saw the announcement of the election coming and the ratings .

The interface changes since 3.x seems nice so far, very cool to finally see the battle now, great work !

Thanks, I'll get that fixed in 4.06  (tonight sometime)

( Tchey )

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jeux1d100.net/
« Reply #122 on: September 07, 2017, 09:54:25 am »

Hi,

Is a game in a "playable" state, or it's still only for testing ?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 07, 2017, 10:06:25 am »

While it's still in alpha it's completely playable, you can manage to conquer the universe by annihilating everyone or be elected as their leader like in MoO1, or be destroyed.

Or run into a problem that you should report as RayFowler has been incredibly reactive in fixing those bugs, at least until the Klackons are implemented :)

( Tchey )

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 07, 2017, 02:03:59 pm »

I see, sounds good.

What about updates, would they kill my game ? I don't HAVE to  update, but each update feels crispy enough to make me want it...

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 07, 2017, 02:46:55 pm »

The updates always comes with very welcomed bugfixes, so it's hard to NOT recommend to download the latest version.

For breaking your current game, i can't say unfortunately because i play nearly only on small universe settings, so the games are fast paced (relatively speaking, it's still a 4X) for me and do not take too much time to reach their conclusion, basically i never had to start a game in a version to try to complete it into a new one.
Maybe someone that play on bigger universe size may have some input regarding this.

RayFowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 07, 2017, 06:55:11 pm »

The updates always comes with very welcomed bugfixes, so it's hard to NOT recommend to download the latest version.

For breaking your current game, i can't say unfortunately because i play nearly only on small universe settings, so the games are fast paced (relatively speaking, it's still a 4X) for me and do not take too much time to reach their conclusion, basically i never had to start a game in a version to try to complete it into a new one.
Maybe someone that play on bigger universe size may have some input regarding this.

The Alpha updates should never break saved games within the same Alpha.... if I have to break save games to fix something (rare), that would go into the next alpha

RayFowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 07, 2017, 06:55:42 pm »

Hi,

Is a game in a "playable" state, or it's still only for testing ?

It's very playable, just not complete yet.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 08, 2017, 07:08:49 pm »

Grabbed the latest version and am checking it out. Running into a problem, though. The Sakkra have attacked me and I've held them off so far, but I can't seem to initiate fleet combat. They have a destroyer around one of my systems and I have 2 plus 10 fighters, but I can't attack it.

Is there a manual I'm missing?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

RayFowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 08, 2017, 07:37:44 pm »

Grabbed the latest version and am checking it out. Running into a problem, though. The Sakkra have attacked me and I've held them off so far, but I can't seem to initiate fleet combat. They have a destroyer around one of my systems and I have 2 plus 10 fighters, but I can't attack it.

Is there a manual I'm missing?

I think I might have introduced this bug in a recent patch. I am actively working it tonight, so check for a patch late tonight. Thanks!

RayFowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 08, 2017, 11:20:26 pm »

Try the latest version 4.09b and let me know if this is fixed.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 09, 2017, 12:57:39 am »

Yes, that seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

RayFowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 14, 2017, 03:46:55 pm »

just fyi, the game project page (for downloads) has been moved to itch.io at: https://rayfowler.itch.io/remnants-of-the-precursors

( Tchey )

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 15, 2017, 04:50:29 am »

I love itchio and it's becomig more and more popular with great games day by day ! It will be easier to follow yours now, for me as a itchio user. Thanks.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #134 on: September 15, 2017, 09:04:13 pm »

There's some kind of bug when you get into an alliance. I think the ally started controlling my ground troops. I was just passing turns peacefully with a NAP on every empire just messing around seeing what techs were in the game and seeing if I could get a diplomatic victory when I allied another empire and a few turns later suddenly I started invading worlds and had transport fleets going all over the place (and instantly became universally hated for breaking non aggression pacts, lol - even by the ally who was controlling them)
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18