Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: Remnants of the Precursors, free Master of Orion 1 remake  (Read 51314 times)

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Remnants of the Precursors, free Master of Orion 1 remake
« Reply #210 on: May 02, 2020, 11:15:16 am »

Yeah its the 1st time I'd seen it happen, though usually I don't have dedicated bomber ships so not sure if its actually common. Anyway just saw worse from the AI. 111 large ships streaming towards my planet, was pretty worrisome until they got there. fusion bomb, fusion bomb, fusion bomb... . Not a single anti-ship gun. Now they did eventually take out my missile bases after an asteroid disappeared (the 1 small laser scout keeping them boxed in gave me a bit of a laugh) but it otherwise didn't go well for that fleet.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 11, 2020, 05:57:19 pm »

RayFowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 13, 2020, 02:06:46 am »

Nice trailer for RotP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VusDAxLpJ9I

Your forum comment about ROTP is in the trailer at around 2:30. Thanks for the kind words!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 13, 2020, 07:02:26 am »

That trailer is very well done, it pushed a lot of the nostalgia buttons on my brain and really makes you want to play RotP.
Just noticed you released beta 1.11 , thank you so much for your work !
https://old.reddit.com/r/rotp/comments/giqrvb/beta_111_is_available/

My favorite as it's something i experienced that a lot :
When the AI has initiative at the start of ship combat, there will be a brief pause before it moves to allow you time to ponder the meaning of life before the Space Crystal one-shots your fleet again.
:D

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 14, 2020, 01:32:25 am »

Honestly, I found the Space Amoeba far more dangerous then the space crystal, mostly due to its unblockable 'I move onto your fleet of ships and eat them all, and no, I don't care that you're max-tier technology om nom nom.'

The Crystal mostly just died like a pansy.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 14, 2020, 03:54:19 am »

I think what makes the amoeba more dangerous is that there's a damage limit by turn on it and the fact it can split once that max damage is reached, so it's not possible to massively shoot the monster and kill it in one turn.

But that said, to truly experience the terror of both space monsters, make sure to play on a tiny universe, that's a whole different game :D

RayFowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 14, 2020, 08:20:26 pm »

I think I am going to tweak the space crystal in some way

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #217 on: May 16, 2020, 05:57:57 am »

Nerf Amoeba? Nah, buff Crystal :P

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 11, 2020, 02:37:15 pm »

Some bump for galactic justice !

Along with announcement of a beta 2 planned for Christmas, i noticed that recently the author posted his plans about future development next year.
As most of you know, Remnants of the Precursors has been feature-complete since the beta started earlier this year. "Feature complete" does not mean "complete" as we are still working on things necessary to get to a finished state.

With the Beta 2 planned for Christmas (although missing this date is still possible), the goal is to have the game "text complete" so that we finally start the task of official translations.

With that in mind, here are the definite activities planned for 2021 once the Beta 2 is available:
    Complete text translation work. Over a dozen languages are currently planned. We will probably put out a beta patch as each language becomes available. It has always been the plan to support multiple languages but I decided in 2019 to put this effect on hold until the game was text complete.
    Continue work on gameplay issues and bugs along with incorporating mods that make sense for the base game.
    Complete remaining race artwork (Sabotage cityscapes and game over splash screens) for Sakkra, Psilons, Humans and Alkari. Artwork related to tech discoveries needs to be added as well as some incidental artwork.
    Some form of Steam release. I am not a fan of Steam and very intentionally designed ROTP in a form that would not require any type of online access to play. But I also understand that I am in an extreme minority in this regard so I will see about Steam integration. Still not a fan! This will probably happen when artwork is completed.
    A gameplay manual. The hope is to have this in a PDF form that can be printed out (if desired) or opened up in-game.

These are other possible activities planned for 2021:

Development work beginning for ROTP 2 -- Return of the Precursors. Artwork for the five new races will start as soon as the Remnants artwork is complete.
    Some form of boxed set and an art and source book for the game. This will almost certainly need to be a crowdfunded effort. This sourcebook will obviously include the races in ROTP 2.

We still have a lot on our plate to deliver to the MOO1/ROTP community. This all just takes money and time, so please be patient and thanks again to everyone for all of the comments and feedback about the project.

Wasn't expecting the possibility of a ROTP2, with RotP1 being already great, the future is bright.
some infos about RotP2 i spotted on reddit
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 11, 2020, 08:13:30 pm »

Oooh, nice!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 26, 2020, 08:47:05 am »

The beta2 of Remnants of the Precursors has been made available.
Since it was made available there were several bugs that have now been fixed, so it's beta 2.02
https://old.reddit.com/r/rotp/comments/kkakeo/rotp_beta_202_is_available_with_fixes_and_goodies/

download as usual :
https://rayfowler.itch.io/remnants-of-the-precursors

RayFowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 26, 2020, 04:03:13 pm »

The beta2 of Remnants of the Precursors has been made available.

Thanks for bumping this, Robsoie! I didn't have the link for this forum on my laptop. My apologies for the delay in announcing it here!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 26, 2020, 07:08:27 pm »

The AI is...interesting.

It is too dumb to realize that its piecemeal assault of crap ships won't do anything, yet its smart enough to prioritize the destruction of my bombers over all other ships.  If it just held back its crap ships, it would have a dangerously large swarm that that would probably overwhelm my fleet.

...then again, its pretty faithful to the original in its piecemeal assaults.  But it could certainly be better, since if the player can use Rally Fleet to avoid that fate, the AI should be able to Rally Fleet to one planet away from the warzone, then send its forces in waves, like I do.

RayFowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 26, 2020, 10:31:24 pm »

The AI is...interesting.

It is too dumb to realize that its piecemeal assault of crap ships won't do anything, yet its smart enough to prioritize the destruction of my bombers over all other ships.  If it just held back its crap ships, it would have a dangerously large swarm that that would probably overwhelm my fleet.

...then again, its pretty faithful to the original in its piecemeal assaults.  But it could certainly be better, since if the player can use Rally Fleet to avoid that fate, the AI should be able to Rally Fleet to one planet away from the warzone, then send its forces in waves, like I do.

The AI does use rally points. Email me your save  (rayfowler@fastmail.com) and I'll take a look at what's going on.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 27, 2020, 02:06:27 am »

And sent.  The system in question was one that belonged to them and I was bombarding, for what its worth.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18