Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25

Author Topic: Viking: Sea Wolves-Chapter 1: Fur and Fang  (Read 26542 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Viking: Sea Wolves-Chapter 1: Fur and Fang
« Reply #315 on: May 10, 2017, 10:18:09 pm »

"Can't exactly flank if they're all around us. We need to regroup with the others. I'm not the best at making plans so I'll leave that to you."

Spend a point of fate to resist the casualties, and another fate point to assist Jora. Kol follows and assists Jora.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 11, 2017, 01:22:08 am »

(I'll spend the fate necessary to downgrade my injury to a broken shield/left arm, and then use my final fate point to assist Sihylde.)

Einar flew back from the sudden attack, his shield in splinters. Something in that arm snapped as he landed on it, and he bit back a cry of pain and struggled to his feet. He could see them across the yard, the other Wolves. They were escaping. But with the minotaur and the Cimbri between the others and himself... He wasn't going to.

Sacrifice. It wasn't a foreign concept to his people, but it was to a warrior. They were supposed to fight and win, earn glory for their clans. Tales were told of brave warriors who vanquished hundreds of foes; the fallen had no legends. So be it. Perhaps the Allfather would look kindlier upon him than history would.

Backing away warily from the minotaur, Einar put away his axe just long enough to blow the horn once more; not a call for aid, but a gesture of defiance, calling the Cimbri and their minions to him, to give his allies as much of a chance to escape as he possibly could. He put away the item and drew his axe once more.

His shield was shattered but his axe was not. His arm was broken, but his spirit was not. He would take as many with him as he could. He just hoped his family would understand he had made this decision as his perhaps final rational thought before submitting fully to the call of the beast, instead of being born of bloodlust.

Desperate Ferocity, all dice in it. Fight until either Einar falls or he clears the yard; if he somehow manages that, he fights rearguard all the way to the ship.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 11, 2017, 07:00:01 pm »

Roll:
Einar: Desperate ferocity roll(+1 berserker, -1 broken arm) : 6,6,5,4,2 !!CRITICAL!!
Well you got a very well timed critical. If you want, you can describe how you demolish the minotaur, or I can do it. Feel free to go a little bit crazy, at 5 ferocity dice you are basically at a Samson level of strength!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 11, 2017, 07:23:57 pm »

(Oh, when I get home from work, that mino and everyone he ever loved is getting put down. >:D )
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 11, 2017, 07:52:51 pm »

Where is Fenris?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 11, 2017, 07:54:50 pm »

(Oh, also, I don't get home for another 10 1/2 hours so if you want to do everyone else's actions in the meantime, go ahead.)

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 11, 2017, 08:03:34 pm »

Also, for the spear, I'll post something on it at some point.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 11, 2017, 08:35:54 pm »

(Oh, when I get home from work, that mino and everyone he ever loved is getting put down. >:D )
Hell yeah!!

I'll wait to finish the update till SC posts cause that will have an impact on everyone else.So I'll finish and edit up tomorrow!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-Your primary weapon does not take up an inventory slot, though Fenris the hunting hound would. Your inventory slots are undefined, so if you needed a rope, you can say that you brought a rope with you and it would take up one slot. This way you don't need to plan much out of game, instead saying "Oh yeah, my character knew that he would need to climb a wall, he totally brought a grappling hook and rope."

-Where did Skjære leave Fenris? Is he back on the ship or in the outpost? Also if you want to teach him advanced commands, you should get the animal companion perk  :P  I kind of picture this as a movie, so the narration is what you see on the screen, but there is other stuff going on in the behind the scenes that fall into a grey area. So Fenris hasn't had screen time yet, but that doesn't mean he wasn't running around in the background, or he could be on the ship.

Spoiler: OOC with note for GM (click to show/hide)

-Well if the clock gets filled it would not be good, your shield wall and defensive position would be broken down. But still survivable! Probably wasn't the most tempting Dark Bargain  :P
-Your archers (and the rest of your company in general) fall into that grey area. I want to leave the composition of your guy's company up to you. This is definitly more of a narrative game than a stat based one. So if you want your company of archers to be all female, cool. Or you can do any mix you like. I think I just mentioned at least 1 female archer, so you are stuck with that  :P This also leaves room if anyone wants to make a Sea Wolf.
-I'm still messing around with the writing style, but trying to go with an actiony, viking vibe. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying it ( I think  :P)
-Yeah you guys are badasses, when you get low rolls its not that you suddenly suck, your opponent was perhaps better than you expected, or an unexpected complication arose, or you got wounded while doing it.
-Beastmen are dangerous! Especially at night, they have an advantage. But they are undisciplined, and can easily lose heart in a fight. I will neither confirm or deny your guess of their numbers  :P Also, I dig the title!

Funk: Loving Sihylde, she has made me grin and laugh numerous times at how bloodthirsty she is. Crom is well pleased! I'll try to think of some Crom related perks that you could choose, if you have an idea run it by me!

"What? You wants the gods?
Ha Crom is here!
In the Blood! In this Steel!
Battle pleases him!
NOW Fight men! Show him your worth!
Buy your place beside him with the skulls of our enemy!"
"The Allfather- Crom! teaches many Crom! ways to a Crom! solution."

Haha this is great, I laughed out loud at this!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 11, 2017, 09:44:26 pm »

Depicting many things happening in dialogue is quite fun. I'm glad you had a nice laugh there. :P

-Where did Skjære leave Fenris?
Good point, Mardent never said what to do with the ossum pupper yet :P before the night
I want to leave the composition of your guy's company up to you. This is definitly more of a narrative game than a stat based one.
All the more I don't want anyone dying then! I guess I'm the head field medic :P

-Yeah you guys are badasses, when you get low rolls its not that you suddenly suck, your opponent was perhaps better than you expected, or an unexpected complication arose, or you got wounded while doing it.
-Beastmen are dangerous! Especially at night, they have an advantage. But they are undisciplined, and can easily lose heart in a fight.
"easily lose heart in a fight" he says, as we get rampaged. :P

BUT, I haven't given Jora's plan!

"Stand fast everyone! They will know fear as they see the whites of our eyes! Spearhead formation! Shields cover the flanks! Spears on the sides! Advance in formation!"

Be Cunning Commander to this. Skjære and Kol lead support.
((It's us 3 and a few other soldiers))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 11, 2017, 10:21:54 pm »

(Turn hasn't fully happened yet Tir, no need for actions just yet. :P )

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 11, 2017, 10:23:31 pm »

(Turn hasn't fully happened yet Tir, no need for actions just yet. :P )
((Eek, sorry brother! I edited my action here instead :P Sorry. It is all dad's fault))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 11, 2017, 10:29:35 pm »

(What isn't Kol's fault? :P )

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 11, 2017, 10:32:57 pm »

(What isn't Kol's fault? :P )
((Us. :P
Because we're his kids. :P
Also your post. :P
Because you somehow struck 5 Ferocity dice.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 12, 2017, 12:57:17 am »

(Pretty sure we're about half his fault at least. And the roll happened because I ate a heart he didn't want me to, meaning if I hadn't done that and Einar died, that would have been his fault too. :P [/ironcladargument])

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 12, 2017, 03:45:05 am »

Funk: Loving Sihylde, she has made me grin and laugh numerous times at how bloodthirsty she is. Crom is well pleased! I'll try to think of some Crom related perks that you could choose, if you have an idea run it by me!
She's about calculated bursts of violence or in this case it's a do or die attack to join up with the others.
"What? You wants the gods?
Ha Crom is here!
In the Blood! In this Steel!
Battle pleases him!
NOW Fight men! Show him your worth!
Buy your place beside him with the skulls of our enemy!"
"The Allfather- Crom! teaches many Crom! ways to a Crom! solution."

I did as well, Jora trying speak and plan stuff but he keeps getting cut off.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25