Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25

Author Topic: Viking: Sea Wolves-Chapter 1: Fur and Fang  (Read 26553 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Viking: Sea Wolves
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2017, 10:30:36 pm »

[spoiler=Rolls+Loot]Loot: 5 from the village (Prize cow)   Monastary: 10 loot (Golden Cross, fine cloak)  Battlefield: 3 (Great sword)
3.   What will you do with the town, and the captives?
4.   Will you sacrifice? And if so, who?
Force the monks to kneel and kiss thors hammer, if they refuse to kneel smash there knees (you don't need to walk to read)
As for loot we take the cow to eat at our celebration feat later.
How many men do we have left including the wounded? some will have to stand guard over the prisoners
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2017, 10:53:59 pm »

((Me and Sihylde are missing rolls :P Also yay, we know this area now! Now I assume we're raiding because our homeland is failing in resources somehow :O but that's a post for later!))

Your thane will expect 1/3 of all the loot you receive, and each warrior under your command will expect at least ˝ a coin as plunder, but 1 coin is considered a good raiding expedition for them. You can split the loot amongst yourselves now, or you can wait till the end of the expedition.
((Much fun fun :3 we get to organize our loot and command structure then \o/))

"I'd believe we'd need to know who to act and when--a Captain is good, but I've seen everyone come up with good ideas at many a time. As for this, we'll spread waves soon enough--even if they didn't send a messenger out, I believe we should hit the town and make a raid like how lightning and thunder come: Fast as the skies above our homes."

Jora abstains from #1 until later, and #3 and #4 entirely (having suggested to leave the captives to their own, and make a [Cunning] roll if ever people decided to RAZE IT ALL).
#2 is voting to quickly raid the town by hitting quickly and instead of facing the garrison head on, delay and block any counterattack by destruction of property for the raiders to loot quickly and uninterrupted.

Yeah, I figured that asking them to surrender, having soundly beaten them, was a pretty sure thing, so no roll needed there haha. Just to clarify, what do you intend to accomplish with a cunning roll when/ if you raze the town? Are you trying to lessen the impact of burning their homes to the ground? Oh, I have an idea for a Dark Bargain for you! Your idea was to tell them that there is a dark spirit there and you are purifying it or something, yes? In exchange for +1 die on all of your team's next rolls, there IS a dark spirit that lurks in this town. This Dark Bargain is yours to decide.

[spoiler=Rolls+Loot]Loot: 5 from the village (Prize cow)   Monastary: 10 loot (Golden Cross, fine cloak)  Battlefield: 3 (Great sword)
3.   What will you do with the town, and the captives?
4.   Will you sacrifice? And if so, who?
Force the monks to kneel and kiss thors hammer, if they refuse to kneel smash there knees (you don't need to walk to read)
As for loot we take the cow to eat at our celebration feat later.
How many men do we have left including the wounded? some will have to stand guard over the prisoners
Just updated the character sheet, you have 37 men left. You also have around 10 men guarding the ship half a day away that I haven't counted in the 37 men. I'd think about 1 warrior for every 10 prisioners would be enough, so about 2-3 warriors left to guard them would be plenty.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2017, 10:54:44 pm »

((Got room for one more character? :O))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2017, 11:21:46 pm »

Kinda! While I'm focusing the story on 4 protagonists, there is still room for secondary characters. While I won't necessarily be rolling for your character, he (or she) can show up in the story or in battle, and can participate in discussions. He just won't have the spotlight on him or the decision-making power like a main character would. You can still have your character do actions, like helping Jora ask questions, or Sihylde round up priests, or maybe something else like sharing a cask of mead with your men or interrogating an enemy.  If that sounds good to you, feel free to make a character as normal, just add who you'd like to be second in command for!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2017, 11:25:37 pm »

« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 10:31:21 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2017, 11:35:55 pm »

((Me and Sihylde are missing rolls :P Also yay, we know this area now! Now I assume we're raiding because our homeland is failing in resources somehow :O but that's a post for later!))

Your thane will expect 1/3 of all the loot you receive, and each warrior under your command will expect at least ˝ a coin as plunder, but 1 coin is considered a good raiding expedition for them. You can split the loot amongst yourselves now, or you can wait till the end of the expedition.
((Much fun fun :3 we get to organize our loot and command structure then \o/))

"I'd believe we'd need to know who to act and when--a Captain is good, but I've seen everyone come up with good ideas at many a time. As for this, we'll spread waves soon enough--even if they didn't send a messenger out, I believe we should hit the town and make a raid like how lightning and thunder come: Fast as the skies above our homes."

Jora abstains from #1 until later, and #3 and #4 entirely (having suggested to leave the captives to their own, and make a [Cunning] roll if ever people decided to RAZE IT ALL).
#2 is voting to quickly raid the town by hitting quickly and instead of facing the garrison head on, delay and block any counterattack by destruction of property for the raiders to loot quickly and uninterrupted.

Yeah, I figured that asking them to surrender, having soundly beaten them, was a pretty sure thing, so no roll needed there haha. Just to clarify, what do you intend to accomplish with a cunning roll when/ if you raze the town? Are you trying to lessen the impact of burning their homes to the ground? Oh, I have an idea for a Dark Bargain for you! Your idea was to tell them that there is a dark spirit there and you are purifying it or something, yes? In exchange for +1 die on all of your team's next rolls, there IS a dark spirit that lurks in this town. This Dark Bargain is yours to decide.
WELL make or modify my action to sensing and explaining our actions towards this to protect us AND them, and You have a bargain.

Now to wait for 3 other votes here :P

Edit: Jora votes for razing, but for the captives to keep them ALL alive (and then perhaps sell them >_>)

Kinda! While I'm focusing the story on 4 protagonists, there is still room for secondary characters. While I won't necessarily be rolling for your character, he (or she) can show up in the story or in battle, and can participate in discussions. He just won't have the spotlight on him or the decision-making power like a main character would. You can still have your character do actions, like helping Jora ask questions, or Sihylde round up priests, or maybe something else like sharing a cask of mead with your men or interrogating an enemy.  If that sounds good to you, feel free to make a character as normal, just add who you'd like to be second in command for!
Let him guard the ships :P
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 11:38:31 pm by Tiruin »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2017, 11:52:50 pm »

Let him guard the ships :P
Funnily enough, that is what I was thinking :P

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2017, 04:14:59 am »

(Oh dear, Tar's our dad Tir. XD)

Also, no bargain.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2017, 04:46:28 am »

((And entirely unintentional when I picked the name. I just got it off a list, and in checking the other sheets so I didn't get a duplicate when I found that out XD))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2017, 06:08:36 am »

(Oh dear, Tar's our dad Tir. XD)

Also, no bargain.
((Oh you. :P Naaah, I named it after...I found a good site that helped refresh my memory but our dad is named Koll, not Kol. Big difference, especially in naming. :3))

Lorknis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2017, 07:01:14 am »

Fromund thinks for a moment, before voting this way:

1.   He's fine with supporting Einar as the acting Captain. He makes good decisions and they're good friends
2.   He votes to raid the village to the south since it'd probably be less defended than the important coastal village/monastery.
3.   Burn it all, not only for Kejak, but because there's more money in it that way.
4.   Sacrifice the peasants and capture anyone else.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2017, 07:07:55 am »

((Two L's? That seems like a spelling error Tir.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2017, 07:18:58 am »

((Two L's? That seems like a spelling error Tir.))
Not from where I made the name! :3 (Search "-ll" as typed)

Also this is the perfect excuse time to consolidate my messiness.

Jora:
1. Sees others as okay with Einar, and votes for him too--unless anyone else disagrees
2. Wonders if the Town is better than the tiny village, but the tiny village seems okay too given others' votes (she sides with what has more votes out of the 3 other folks)
3. Raze it, but make a Cunning action to explain it away.
++ She agrees to the Dark Bargain (versus SC's No, and Lorknis/Funk's answer)
4. She believes selling EVERYTHING for coin (rather reluctantly when it comes to people) being the best option
...and adds in that a well paid crew works their best out. Pay full price rather than half a coin. Emphasis on selling the monks and filling our hold; setting the rest free (or sacrifice for...filling our fate)

« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 07:20:34 am by Tiruin »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2017, 07:35:35 am »

((Checking the source Tir, I can't find anything about a two l kol though :/))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2017, 08:16:21 am »

((Checking the source Tir, I can't find anything about a two l kol though :/))
"If the name ends in: '-ll'; the ending will change to '-ls'", and that is what you can see in mine and SC's sheets--best thing is we never collaborated on anything and he popped in with that, down to the right naming. :P
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25