Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Politics of the Merchant Republic - Phoenix Party (Revision)  (Read 2270 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Politics of the Merchant Republic - Phoenix Party (Revision)
« on: April 09, 2017, 09:48:25 pm »

Main Thread

Welcome all members of the Phoenix Party!  It has been foreseen that we have entered a new era, and only one party shall dominate the nation!  The Singulatarians believe this future belongs to them, but they do not recognize the power of magic and assume their technology will make them victorious!  Show them the truth of this world and them wrong!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 10:33:59 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Politics of the Merchant Republic - Phoenix Party (Design)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 10:27:38 pm »

Cool
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 08:04:57 am »

Let our magics rule supreme.

EDIT: And apparently we are to start designing right away!

So, our current battleground (as it were) is the Floating City. It's a city that floats. That's magic. We're magic. I'm not sure why there's any competition from the Singularists when it comes to controlling the fate of the city.
In other words, I propose we design

Propaganda - The Floating City Is Magic: A campaign designed to remind denizens of the Floating City that it is only by the grace of Magic that they maintain their precarious position. And, of course, who better to ensure that the city keeps floating than the mages of the Phoenix Party, who toil day and night monitoring and maintaining the necessary Magics.
The fact that we have no idea how the city floats... will not be mentioned in the campaign.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 08:49:08 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 01:21:41 pm »

Magic is not to be trifled with.

Propaganda - The Floating City Is Magic: A campaign designed to remind denizens of the Floating City that it is only by the grace of Magic that they maintain their precarious position. And, of course, who better to ensure that the city keeps floating than the mages of the Phoenix Party, who toil day and night monitoring and maintaining the necessary Magics.
The fact that we have no idea how the city floats... will not be mentioned in the campaign.
I don't know if that's a good idea. This propaganda seems more or less threatening. I instead propose this revision;

Propaganda - The Floating City Was Designed by Mages: Utilizing numerous magic, flying... er, fliers, we shall send a propaganda campaign to the floating city purporting that new archaeological evidence suggests the floating city was created by a wizard long ago, when the Phoenix Party was still in its infancy. This will effectively remove any sense that the Phoenix Party is threatening the floating city, and more or less cause their citizens to imprint their achievements onto their "Phoenix Party ancestors" instead.
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 01:24:21 pm »

Propaganda - The Floating City Was Designed by Mages: Utilizing numerous magic, flying... er, fliers, we shall send a propaganda campaign to the floating city purporting that new archaeological evidence suggests the floating city was created by a wizard long ago, when the Phoenix Party was still in its infancy. This will effectively remove any sense that the Phoenix Party is threatening the floating city, and more or less cause their citizens to imprint their achievements onto their "Phoenix Party ancestors" instead.
+1!

Hail Phoenix!
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 01:31:41 pm »

Hmm. I didn't intend it to be threatening, but I can see how it could be construed that way.
Sure, this seems fine. +1

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 09:06:22 pm »

^+1
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 10:33:23 pm »

The Floating City Was Designed by Mages - Through usage of a large number of flyers enchanted for flight, this campaign is set up to deliver apparent archaeological evidence suggesting the floating city was created by a wizard long ago, when the Phoenix Party was still in its infancy. This campaign goes over quite well in much of the Phoenix Party's constituency, but the protest of a few archaeologists that both magic and technology are used results in very limited effects upon the constituency of the Singularity Party.

Begin Revision Phase
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Politics of the Merchant Republic - Phoenix Party (Revision)
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 10:39:06 pm »

If we promise alchemical reagents (effectively a form of magic that doesn't require innate talent to use; something I'm sure men of science would find interesting) to some of the more corruptible Singularity archaeologists (the ones with little loyalty to the nation they belong to), we could bribe them to argue against the protesting archaeologists and insist that no technology is used in the Floating City. After all, their nation are experts on technology, so they'd know if something was built with it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 10:44:14 pm by thatroleplayerGal »
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 02:29:52 am »

If we promise alchemical reagents (effectively a form of magic that doesn't require innate talent to use; something I'm sure men of science would find interesting) to some of the more corruptible Singularity archaeologists (the ones with little loyalty to the nation they belong to), we could bribe them to argue against the protesting archaeologists and insist that no technology is used in the Floating City. After all, their nation are experts on technology, so they'd know if something was built with it.
I dunno, they're archaeologists, not alchemists. They'd probably be more interested in some ancient artifacts.

Convincing archaeologists is the way to go, but I think we'd be better off doing something like

Sponsor an Archaeological Conference: We host a grand event in the floating city, which archaeologists from far and wide are invited to attend. Many topics will be discussed here, but with the aid of Charisma Powder, it shall be our archaeologists who manage to convince the (unaligned) majority that whilst, yes, there is some technology involved in the floating city's flight, said technology is primitive, and really much less important than the magical aspect.
Once the majority agrees with us, the Singularist archaeologists will have a much harder time making their voices heard. And surely Singularist constituents believe in the scientific consensus?

(Please let me know if this is too ambitious for a revision. My thinking is that it is basically just a fancier way of presenting the propaganda developed in the design phase, targeted at a specific group)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 07:24:59 am »

I dunno, they're archaeologists, not alchemists. They'd probably be more interested in some ancient artifacts.

Convincing archaeologists is the way to go, but I think we'd be better off doing something like

Sponsor an Archaeological Conference: We host a grand event in the floating city, which archaeologists from far and wide are invited to attend. Many topics will be discussed here, but with the aid of Charisma Powder, it shall be our archaeologists who manage to convince the (unaligned) majority that whilst, yes, there is some technology involved in the floating city's flight, said technology is primitive, and really much less important than the magical aspect.
Once the majority agrees with us, the Singularist archaeologists will have a much harder time making their voices heard. And surely Singularist constituents believe in the scientific consensus?

(Please let me know if this is too ambitious for a revision. My thinking is that it is basically just a fancier way of presenting the propaganda developed in the design phase, targeted at a specific group)
+1
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2017, 10:55:21 am »

+1
+1

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2017, 01:19:46 pm »

+1
+1
yeah this idea's a lot better
+1

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2017, 03:54:10 pm »

You may want it reworded.  The way it currently exists is written to imply it would only occur once, rather than being used multiple times as party policy.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2017, 04:03:35 pm »

You may want it reworded.  The way it currently exists is written to imply it would only occur once, rather than being used multiple times as party policy.
Hmm. Okay.

Sponsor Archaeological Conferences: We host grand events in the floating city, which archaeologists from far and wide are invited to attend. Many topics will be discussed at these meetings, but with the aid of Charisma Powder, it shall be our archaeologists who manage to convince the (unaligned) majority that whilst, yes, there is some technology involved in the floating city's flight, said technology is primitive, and really much less important than the magical aspect.

The intended effect is the same; to fix the problem with the design phase's propaganda by convincing unaligned archaeologists (and possibly some more on-the-fence Singularists) that our version of the floating city's history is more true.
Pages: [1] 2