Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Politics of the Merchant Republic - Singularity Party (Design)  (Read 2962 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Main

Greetings to all party members of the Singularity Party!  Our predictions show that at the end of this new era, only one party shall remain dominant over the nation!  The Phoenix Party foolishly believes that it is their petty magics that shall rule over this coming world, but they are wrong!  We shall show them the power of technology is far greater than that of their petty magics!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 08:27:08 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Politics of the Merchant Republic - Singularity Party (Design)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 11:07:34 pm »

Never tried one of these before, but I'm trying now.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 11:11:20 pm »

I'll join this party, seems the more interesting of the bunch.; Let the Singularity Reside Within Us!, some pointless phrase I created

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 04:56:46 am »

Could we get a link to the general thread, so I can decide which side to join?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 08:07:10 am »

Just got to make my post in here. also here's a link to the main thread for those that need it.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=163696.0;topicseen
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 08:14:32 am »

Could we get a link to the general thread, so I can decide which side to join?

I'll edit one into the OP of the thread now that I can get the introduction made.  May be good for you to join this one since you have already posted, though, just so that you are only getting alerts from one of the threads and don't accidentally cheat by mistaking this thread for the other.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 08:18:45 am »

Just got to make my post in here. also here's a link to the main thread for those that need it.

Thx, decided to join the singularity because I like technology more. We shall rule over everything! By the way, I think that we should focus on getting as much power through money and economic connections first and then getting rid of the opposite party through politics.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 12:28:24 pm »

Thx, decided to join the singularity because I like technology more. We shall rule over everything! By the way, I think that we should focus on getting as much power through money and economic connections first and then getting rid of the opposite party through politics.
Well remember Magic is a dangerous thing that any would be terrorist could use, so on of our first acts would to be to register all magic users if they aren't all ready. You know spread fear and distrust Red Scare style.
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 01:14:40 pm »

Well remember Magic is a dangerous thing that any would be terrorist could use, so on of our first acts would to be to register all magic users if they aren't all ready. You know spread fear and distrust Red Scare style.
Technology could also be treated the same way; Big Brother, CCTVs, etc could be utilized as propaganda against our faction. Just as we can use the fear of magic as a scare tactic. Its already established in this world that magic is like a second language and natural to the other faction, and widespread of technology is common for us. Inciting fear will only cause the moderate/conflicted members to potentially join us. Also, I guess it's time for a proposal

Propaganda: Fear the Supernatural: With the usage of common techniques to express information through the overload of technology we utilize, incite information into the citizens and especially the moderates of the two, make claims such as magic has horrible side-effects when used that are not told by magic users, the magical government will poison society, etc. All this to create unnerving anxiety that a government controlled by users of magic will only lead to our demise
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 01:17:03 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 05:12:56 pm »

Maybe before we spread fear of magic we should have a propaganda ensuring the safeness of our technology so that the Phoenix party can't get us the same way we plan on getting them.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 05:28:53 pm »

Maybe before we spread fear of magic we should have a propaganda ensuring the safeness of our technology so that the Phoenix party can't get us the same way we plan on getting them.
Good point, maybe start off with how safe technology is compared to magic? or a goodwill campaign? Make it so even the poorest of people have technological creature comforts like phones, cable, radio, etc all state paid so that everyone can get the basics?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 11:09:44 pm »

I like the goodwill campaign. While magic is only for geniuses, tech can be for everyone!
Edit: We should especially emphasize how dangerous magic can be and maybe have our archeologists "find" an ancient manuscript of a magician describing how dangerous magic is and than print a copy of it for everyone. If there is a leak that the manuscript is false, have our E.I.D.O.L.O.N. take care of it
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 11:32:25 pm by snow dwarf »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2017, 11:31:39 pm »

"I will make electricity so cheap, that only the rich will use fireballs."

Yes, go with this. Edison their asses.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2017, 11:34:00 pm »

I updated my last post with more stuff you can go ahead and read it, but this is an awesome idea.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2017, 11:37:15 pm »

I updated my last post with more stuff you can go ahead and read it, but this is an awesome idea.
Christ imagine what we could do for our electrocuted elephant, We could pay some bloke to mutate it into a barely contained(with tech) monstrosity out for blood. No one will in the masses will use it after that.
Pages: [1] 2