Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Politics of the Merchant Republic - Singularity Party (Design)  (Read 2959 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Politics of the Merchant Republic - Singularity Party (Design)
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2017, 01:48:32 am »

"I will make electricity so cheap, that only the rich will use fireballs."

Yes, go with this. Edison their asses.
I updated my last post with more stuff you can go ahead and read it, but this is an awesome idea.
Christ imagine what we could do for our electrocuted elephant, We could pay some bloke to mutate it into a barely contained(with tech) monstrosity out for blood. No one will in the masses will use it after that.
We can install bionics into the elephant and save him! Long live Singularity!
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2017, 07:52:51 am »

Ammm... Bump?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2017, 07:16:29 pm »

I do see that the Phoenix Party is already at that their revision stage, we need a consensus people. I make a proposal using information from the other posts...

Proposal: Propaganda: The Safety of Technology: Spread claims that information and technology is clearly superior magic, because its refined and consistent. Magic is unpredictable and chaotic, while technology just improves you own livelihood and society without drawbacks. Their is no threat of privacy invasion or whatever else that will interfere with safety.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 07:18:07 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2017, 07:42:37 pm »

I do see that the Phoenix Party is already at that their revision stage, we need a consensus people. I make a proposal using information from the other posts...

Proposal: Propaganda: The Safety of Technology: Spread claims that information and technology is clearly superior magic, because its refined and consistent. Magic is unpredictable and chaotic, while technology just improves you own livelihood and society without drawbacks. Their is no threat of privacy invasion or whatever else that will interfere with safety.
+1
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2017, 11:21:13 pm »

+1
+1
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2017, 11:35:44 pm »

+1
+1
+1

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2017, 06:06:45 pm »

+1. We need our PR to be solid.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2017, 08:37:38 pm »

Have we all come to an agreement?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2017, 01:49:58 am »

Have we all come to an agreement?
Yep

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Politics of the Merchant Republic - Singularity Party (Revisions)
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2017, 07:08:38 am »

Here is my revision idea:
The Everyman's Magic. Instead of just  billing cybernetics as a method of  superiority,   an addition to the program would  push the idea of it being an equalizer.   Through this, we can polarize  technology as a means of allowing regular people to compete against magic users. Furthermore,  the fact  that magic is inherently selective allows us to push the "for the people" technological message.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 11:08:50 am by Mardent23 »

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2017, 12:17:12 am »

Anyone else have revision ideas?

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2017, 12:03:01 pm »

All mine are pretty much the same as yours. So you got my vote.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2017, 12:41:43 pm »

Good to know. Are we done here?

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2017, 06:36:47 pm »

PTPlay
Pages: 1 [2]