Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarf symbiosis fort  (Read 1957 times)

oldmansutton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf symbiosis fort
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2017, 08:30:15 am »

I know, but the stuff that could happen while im adventuring... also, im really curious if someone can tell me if ill ever have kobolds again, but maybe this isn't the right thread for that.

I've gotten multiple occurrences of kobolds showing up at the same fort during continuous play in 43.05.
I suggest using kilokittens. As cats are 10X the volume of kittens. That way, 50 cats would be .5 kilokittens.

100 cats would be 1 kilokitten.

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2017, 09:04:50 am »

I know, but the stuff that could happen while im adventuring... also, im really curious if someone can tell me if ill ever have kobolds again, but maybe this isn't the right thread for that.

I've gotten multiple occurrences of kobolds showing up at the same fort during continuous play in 43.05.

Could be bad luck, the kobolds could of went extinct in his world? Or at least the cave could of been destroyed.
The fort where filth melts your skin! (updated 4/9/15)

Curiosity killed the cat.
Satisfaction brought it back.

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2017, 10:45:58 am »

hm... ill give that a check up, but i have had the same problem in other forts IIRC. Oldman, did your kobolds steal anything? i recall reading about how that encourages them to come back more often.
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

oldmansutton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2017, 03:00:01 pm »

hm... ill give that a check up, but i have had the same problem in other forts IIRC. Oldman, did your kobolds steal anything? i recall reading about how that encourages them to come back more often.

No, they always show up right outside my fort's gates, where there is usually a lot of activity, and as soon as I get the notice they're there, I order all squads to go kill them.  They get chased off the edge of the map, and then it's usually quiet for another 2-3 years.
I suggest using kilokittens. As cats are 10X the volume of kittens. That way, 50 cats would be .5 kilokittens.

100 cats would be 1 kilokitten.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2017, 04:05:45 pm »

The same kobold individuals tend to return after being detected and having run off repeatedly. When eventually killed they may be replaced by new ones, but after killing a small number (less than half a dozen) they tend to never show up again. I haven't given them stuff to steal to embolden them, though.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2017, 06:01:11 pm »

Sticking dogs at your entrance tends to keep them at bay. I might have to play around with offerings to them at some point and see what fun can be had with the incoming ambushes.

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2017, 06:32:03 pm »

oh, thx, It might be it hasn't been 3 years in this fort yet... but id have to check that to be sure :P anyways, i have definitely not killed a single one, as i need those damn daggers!
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste
Pages: 1 [2]