Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: ROGUELIKE 2: Sword of Azirkan Turn 8: Our Heroes Beat-Down One of Their Own, heh  (Read 20087 times)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This should work perfectly!

Crawl through the grate.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*In Common with a heavy accent* "'Ave at ye, ye damned dirty apes!"

Quack-Quack smashes the mace into the skull of the nearest simian!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Scream in pain. Be unconscious

That was fast. Heh.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile

"Humph."
Sir Lootington turns his can around so that he's holding the straight bottem end, and then uses the curved top end to drag/push one of the things into the fire.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

"Humph."
Sir Lootington turns his can around so that he's holding the straight bottem end, and then uses the curved top end to drag/push one of the things into the fire.
Erm, about that...

EDIT: Frost magic. Put out the fire with my frost magic.
EDIT2: All of the fire in the room, not just one isolated flame.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's also kinda been kicked by your drunk friend. I should've made it more obvious on the diagram, but these are impressionist works so I don't have to. That's what impressionism means, right?

Anyway, you can still try it, the stone where the fire was is probably really hot and it's unpredictable how the snow elf might change that.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

these are impressionist works so I don't have to [make it clear]. That's what impressionism means, right?
Probably. Just give a highlights reel of how the scenery has been altered at the end of each round and it should be fine.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
T  U  R  N      5
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

INITIATIVE: (Adjusted by Dex)
Jacob 7
Sir Lootington 6
Ash 2 6
Akashir 5
Quack Quack 4
Sir Deikos 3
Fath ? (Unconscious)
Ash 1 2
Ash 3 1 (Blind)
Ash 4 0 (Blind)

Defend. Fath.
Also, use the hook sword to trip my opponents. That should be dex checks instead of strength, right?

EDIT: Frost magic. Put out the fire with my frost magic.
I'd put tripping as a strength thing too, but I'll let the peanut gallery decide. Maybe it's situational and it's be dexterity against blinded opponents or something. I'm open to arguments that I should be using dexterity for this instead.

I didn't see the frost magic thing coming into play here, that's clever.
My plan was for this stuff to be dex based... I'm not doing a star wars clash of weapons, I'm catching their weapon in my hook and twisting, preferably before they can react.
How about it's my dex vs. their strength?

EDIT:That, up there, is not what I'm doing.

EDIT2: All of the fire in the room, not just one isolated flame.

EDIT3: While freezing all of the fire, I yell out 你们的东西很冷!(Literally, "You're stuff is very cold!  :P And pronounced "nee men duh dongshi hen lung", or at least, that's a decent approximation.)
Okay, I'll buy it being Dex vs Str in most cases. It's plausible that it would be, and it would also suck if you put a ton of points in Dex with that expectation without any real benefit.

The snow elf steps over the unconscious dwarf and brandishes his blades, attempting to interrupt any attempts to finish off the squat mercenary. He concentrates deeply, [5] his vision fuzzing for a moment before a bone-chilling cold seeps into the area. Flames falter, embers fade, and suddenly darkness comes as every flame in the room is snuffed out.

[Humans, elves, and ducks take -1 to hit! Dwarves and underhumans can see in the dim light.]

"Humph."
Sir Lootington shivers as an unnatural chill descends on the party, and the flames fade away into darkness. He swings his cane and gropes blindly for the bottom end, but he's suddenly blindsided by a tackle from one of the creatures! [4 vs 4 AC] The beast slams into him hard, and he feels the tip of a sharpened femur gouge deeply into the side of his neck! -3 HP!

Sir Lootington barely remains standing, the famous durability of his line the last thing keeping him tethered to consciousness.

"YES! AHAHAHAHA, MORE BLOODSHED! MORE GORE!"

WHIRL HARDER
The berserk dervish screams and dashes his heavy scimitars against the darkness! Unfazed by the darkness, he pauses only to slash in the rough direction of where he remembered one of the blinded simians being only moments ago, right next to the snow elf. [5+1-1 vs 4 AC] He feels one blade connect, and then hacks deeply with the other! -4 HP! He feels his blade slick through bone and then... Keep going, clashing against the stone floor with a crash. He feels the beast come down in two wet halves on either side of his blade, flailing sluggishly as something hot and warm seeps over his boots. He spins and lunges toward the ape that hurled a rock at him, his blade catching flesh and sliding in deeply! -3 HP! 2/5 HP. The beast screams and he feels his scimitar jerk as it pulls away.

*In Common with a heavy accent* "'Ave at ye, ye damned dirty apes!"

Quack-Quack smashes the mace into the skull of the nearest simian!
The light of Quack Quack's lantern fades and dies in the cold, but his vicious duck bloodlust guides his wing. [5+1-1 vs 4 AC] He steps towards the beast that just screamed and swings the mace in a heavy downward arc, feeling something crack and splatter out messily under his blow. -7 HP!

Deikos laughs in exhilaration.

Filthy cave apes... ruining... evereugh.

murder
drunken
kill
roar
urgh

The utter darkness and screaming stinking carnage around Sir Deikos would make a lesserly drunk man squirm like a cuck, but he didn't come here to let this swine intimidate him. He bellows, his atavistic rage and bloodlust consuming his mind, and charges directly for the sound of Lootington's screams. He backhands something that he's pretty sure isn't the wizard (roll: 1, it's the wizard) and then thrusts his longsword clean through!

[2-1 vs 4 AC] Through Lootington's robe. (Chance to hit the ash thing: 4, nope) And then through the arms of the ash-creature, binding the three into a ridiculous tangle-grapple of crashing armor, spurting blood, and shrieking proto-human.

Scream in pain. Be unconscious

That was fast. Heh.
Even though he's unconscious, Fath can still moan in pain. [6] A searing, hideous, ripping sting floods across the upper half of his face, and he finds himself awake, with his eyes burning more painfully than anything he's ever felt... And he can see only darkness.

Wait, no, he's a dwarf, so he can actually kind of see the melee swirling around him. Deikos and one of those subhumans are wrapped around Lootington and trying to kill each other. The snow elf is standing directly over him, looking dizzy but holding his weapons at the ready. A headless one lies near the dwarf, the mercenary soaking in the spreading pool of gore. A subhuman is bisected at Akashir's feet, and two lie decapitated near... The duck wizard? What? Behind the duck, another underhuman crouches beneath Fath's javelin, cradling its face in its hands and screaming in terror.

This should work perfectly!

Crawl through the grate.
[1] Theta wiggles through the grate, stretching down a paw to brace it against the floor. The grate is a little too high off the floor for her, and she falls head over heels and flops on the dusty stone with a 'whumpf.' She quickly scampers to her feet and looks around; she's in a dark hallway, and the sounds of a raucous feast and scents of cooked meat come from one direction. From the other is the overpowering scent of decay. This must be one serious party, it's getting really loud. Typical humans.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 06:17:30 pm by inaluct »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ROGUELIKE 2: Sword of Azirkan: Turn 5: Chaos, Darkness, Mild Slapstick
« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2017, 07:15:16 pm »

...that wasn't quite what I meant to do, but yeah, I guess that's what happens when you put out the fire that is the light source in a room.  :P

Anyway, continue protecting Fath. Also, get him to tell me where everything is so that I'm not quite as disabled by the darkness.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2017, 07:19:36 pm »

...that wasn't quite what I meant to do, but yeah, I guess that's what happens when you put out the fire that is the light source in a room.  :P

Anyway, continue protecting Fath. Also, get him to tell me where everything is so that I'm not quite as disabled by the darkness.

Well, the other light source was Quack Quack's lantern, and you specifically said all the fire in the room, and rolled well.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2017, 08:22:19 pm »

Tell the elf which way the nearest protohuman is, and ready a javelin in case one of them charges us.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2017, 08:31:52 pm »

"YES! YES! THIS IS THE GREATEST FEELING, THIS ALL-CONSUMING RAGE! I AM POWER ITSELF!"
Akashir foams at the mouth under his mask like a rabid wolf.

WHIRL HYSTERICALLY
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2017, 09:02:24 pm »

Tell the elf which way the nearest protohuman is, and ready a javelin in case one of them charges us.
I'm a frost sprite, but sure, thanks.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2017, 09:27:14 pm »

Oof. Humans have weird castle designs. Time to meet some new people.

Walk towards the party

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2017, 09:54:27 pm »

*In Quack* "THAT DAMNED FOOL JUST PUT OUT MY LAMP AND NOW WE'RE UP SHIT CREEK WITHOUT A PADDLE!"

*In Common* "DAT DARMED FOOL 'F A FROST-BITTEN ELF JUS' PUT OUT OL' QUACK-QUACK'S LAMP N' NOW DA LOTTA US 'RE UP SHIT CREEK WIFFOUT A PADDLE!"

Quack-Quack steps back and attempts to relight his Lamp. If he has any time left, he bludgeons the nearest Simian with his mace.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13