Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: You are a Fantasy Wizard!  (Read 5929 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Fantasy Wizard!
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2017, 07:26:05 am »

Ask to speak with him in private...

and commence the plan.

-1; he's going to stop using our farm soon anyway.

Agree. Ask him what his battle-plan is and how much damage to the city/the city's civilians is acceptable; we're a pyromancer, so danger to non-combatants and their property is kind of intrinsic to our field of magic.
+1

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2017, 10:24:49 pm »

Ask to speak with him in private...

and commence the plan.

-1; he's going to stop using our farm soon anyway.

Agree. Ask him what his battle-plan is and how much damage to the city/the city's civilians is acceptable; we're a pyromancer, so danger to non-combatants and their property is kind of intrinsic to our field of magic.
+1
+1
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2017, 11:25:18 pm »

Agree to speak to him... but read his inner flame first. We can decide  what to do once we find out his intentions.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2017, 11:53:58 pm »

Agree to speak to him... but read his inner flame first. We can decide  what to do once we find out his intentions.
-1, that'd cost way too much mana and probably won't tell us much more than "he's very/not very emotional right now".
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 01:20:04 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2017, 12:19:12 am »

Fair point.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2017, 07:17:19 pm »

You commit to a change of plans. For now, at least. It's not like you can't change your mind again in the future.

You walk next to the storming noble as he navigates the mazes of tents and begin asking him various questions. Specifically about acceptable damage and battle-plans.
"What? Just-- Just don't burn the city down." He mumbles.
The noble continues walking ahead, distracted, without answering the rest of your questions. Another human that you can only assume to be his general walks up next to you and begins speaking as you both move toward an undetermined destination within the camp.
"We're moving in through the main gate; it's heavily fortified but if all goes well, they shall be expecting us in a breach in the wall on another side of the city. I've acquired the means to open the gate for the assault. Any questions before we launch the assault?"

The general continues walking beside you as you watch the noble find a tall point, stand on it, give a standard speech, and send the soldiers out. It's all a rather quick affair, and the city is about an hour away. Are you going to do anything before the assault begins?

Cazot Bobokundin
Mana: 9/11. (A general measure of endurance that is restored primarily with rest and "used" by magical exertion.)
School Proficiencies (Your talent at magic of the various schools and types in existence.)
- Pyromancy: 1 (The art of manipulating fire.)
Spells & Abilities
General
- Manipulation [0m] (The use of magic to manipulate your surroundings via levitation and minor transfers of energy. Generally takes no mana to perform unless extreme feats are undertaken.)
Pyromancy
- Flame Tongue [3m] (For 5 seconds, extend a flaming tongue up to 3 inches from your hand and manipulate it to a limited extent.)
- Basic Sense Inner Flame [5m] (For five minutes, attune yourself to your surroundings and sense the inner fires of those in your proximity.)
- Absorb Inner Flame [1/1 uses] (Absorb the inner flame of another being. If they cannot resist, they will be made a flameless without emotionless and you will gain mana depending on the person. Can only be used once between meditation sessions.)
- Flame Absorption [0m] (You can "absorb" nearby flames for varying amounts of mana depending on the size, heat, and intensity of the flames.)
Inventory
- Robes

Assets
- Noble Family Home in Silverhall
- Lower Family Home in Silverhall

- 1 Death-sentence Convict
- 1 Flameless Death-sentence Convict

Spoiler: Author Note (click to show/hide)
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2017, 07:30:11 pm »

Ask to cast a, er, "protection spell" on the general. That should convince him we're no threat, so he doesn't resist us when we decide to absorb his inner flame.
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2017, 07:48:59 pm »

Ask to cast a, er, "protection spell" on the general. That should convince him we're no threat, so he doesn't resist us when we decide to absorb his inner flame.
Let's not go basically necromancer-ing?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2017, 09:36:36 pm »

Let's not go basically necromancer-ing?
We aren't technically necromancers. We don't destroy the brain, we destroy the bodies capacity for  emotion. Given, I doubt that technicality will protect us from a paladin's wrath, but at least we know we don't use death magic. +1 on the timely betrayal idea.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2017, 10:37:35 pm »

Ask the general if he has any experience in commanding magic-users. If so, explain to him what our abilities are and ask him what he recommends that we do.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2017, 10:51:04 pm »

Ask the general if he has any experience in commanding magic-users. If so, explain to him what our abilities are and ask him what he recommends that we do.
+1

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2017, 11:35:54 pm »

Are we seriously about to destroy an entire city just to get our farm back? What kind of person are we?!
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2017, 11:58:51 pm »

You ask the general if he commanded any magic users before.
"Of course. Though Impultus' army here doesn't have any wizards in it."
Satisfied with the answer, you continue your line of questioning as well as explaining your abilities. You leave out the Absorb Inner Fire just in case you change your still relatively-undecided mind about continuing with your previous plan. Though it could always be mentioned later.
The general seems slightly disappointed but isn't too affected by this. "Luckily our plans don't rely on you. Typically the kind of wizards we have on the field are trained battlemages assigned by the local guilds. It's not every day you see a Dwarven wizard wandering outside of their mountain. As for your 'orders'," he states as he rubs his forehead, "I could probably place you behind the first line after we breach the garrison at the gate; you could slip in undetected and they shouldn't take you as one of us. Though if you have another plan, feel free to execute it."
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2017, 12:22:52 am »

Are we seriously about to destroy an entire city just to get our farm back? What kind of person are we?!
And you wanted to (effectively) kill a man in cold blood because his men didn't want to starve.

Your point?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2017, 12:25:47 am »

You ask the general if he commanded any magic users before.
"Of course. Though Impultus' army here doesn't have any wizards in it."
Satisfied with the answer, you continue your line of questioning as well as explaining your abilities. You leave out the Absorb Inner Fire just in case you change your still relatively-undecided mind about continuing with your previous plan. Though it could always be mentioned later.
The general seems slightly disappointed but isn't too affected by this. "Luckily our plans don't rely on you. Typically the kind of wizards we have on the field are trained battlemages assigned by the local guilds. It's not every day you see a Dwarven wizard wandering outside of their mountain. As for your 'orders'," he states as he rubs his forehead, "I could probably place you behind the first line after we breach the garrison at the gate; you could slip in undetected and they shouldn't take you as one of us. Though if you have another plan, feel free to execute it."
Follow this plan. If we spot any opportunities to kill loads of enemies with one spell (like, say, if someone had a torch that was a bit close to a wooden barricade), take them, but try to not draw attention to ourselves while doing so.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6