Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Yet Another Picture Wars (Free for all, new players welcome)  (Read 6244 times)

stefman

• Bay Watcher
  • Techno-commie
    • View Profile
Re: Yet Another Picture Wars (Free for all, new players welcome)
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2017, 11:34:05 pm »

I guess that it's pretty dead now. Well, at least one unit was killed until match stopped.
Russians are coming!

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2017, 12:43:46 am »

I guess that it's pretty dead now. Well, at least one unit was killed until match stopped.
It is the problem with how many people there are, but it could be Urist's or Asgaurs' turn now.
However we did go further than many PW matches do.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

stefman

• Bay Watcher
  • Techno-commie
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2017, 01:18:48 am »

Well, I propose additional rule. What if no turns were posted (either declared or not) for, let's say 24 hours, then anyone could do their turn?
Russians are coming!

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2017, 02:54:49 am »

Well, I propose additional rule. What if no turns were posted (either declared or not) for, let's say 24 hours, then anyone could do their turn?
Makes sense
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2017, 06:20:31 am »

I decided to wait at least another turn, because the ancient machines for example are way behind.
I will post this evening (in like 6-7 hours)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2017, 07:51:52 am »

I'll post a turn if you wouldn't mind waiting for it. I've been majorly distracted by a variety of different games I've been participating in. Though that should be clearing up soon.

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2017, 05:59:15 am »

dibs (didn't find the time yesterday) waiting for Failbird instead
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 06:02:40 am by Asgarus »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2017, 09:33:11 am »

so, I'm done, and by that I mean my turn is finished, small problem though, Paint.Net now refuses to save files as PNGs. This means that though my turn is finished in its entirety, I can't post it. I can save and edit the Paint.Net file just fine, but I can't save the images in a useable format.

EpicJ

• Bay Watcher
  • "Drop the hemp wool sock!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2017, 09:38:20 am »

Paint.net saves PNG just fine for me.

Can't imagine how it wouldn't.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2017, 09:40:06 am »

I don't know either, but what I do know is that I saved my turn, and the icon for it never changed from default, when I tried to open it in an image viewing program, it said the image was either damaged, corrupted, or too large. Considering that it can handle my other turns just fine, its most likely not too large.

stefman

• Bay Watcher
  • Techno-commie
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2017, 09:44:46 am »

Guys, sorry for being rude, but please, less chatting and more spriting.
Russians are coming!

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2017, 03:40:00 pm »

Okay that's it, I've tried pretty much everything else I can think of, so that leaves me with one question, would you guys be okay if I just cut off everything but the relevant third of the map? That seems to be the only way to make this work.

EpicJ

• Bay Watcher
  • "Drop the hemp wool sock!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2017, 03:43:15 pm »

Okay that's it, I've tried pretty much everything else I can think of, so that leaves me with one question, would you guys be okay if I just cut off everything but the relevant third of the map? That seems to be the only way to make this work.

The next person should be able to merge your change with the rest of the map.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2017, 04:05:57 pm »

The door fades into blackness as it opens, revealing utter darkness within. Meanwhile the falling stalactite hits the ground and crumbles a bit as the yellow light finishes its work, disappearing and leaving an empty space in its wake, that the rubble on either side crumbles into.

As this happens, the golems posture shifts slightly,, becoming a little more fluid, more ready to move, under the guiding hand of an unseen ancient force deep within the temple, a mental remnant of one of their ancient and brilliant creators, the one on the right stops firing at the wall, and climbs onto the rock proper, to attempt to get a view of what lies beyond the barrier, the one on the left attempts to approach the direction the rabbit came from, but is stopped by a wall it cannot climb, instead it smacks away at it, crumbling off decent portions and making a climeable incline, then it proceeds to begin cutting through the more solid stone with its beam. A glowing crystal approaches the open door.

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2017, 03:11:49 am »

dibs
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6