Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to Siegebreak [Semi-Minimalist] {Turn 4}  (Read 14721 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Siegebreak [Semi-Minimalist] {Turn 1}
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2017, 08:40:31 pm »

Knights > guns

You big meanie pants

Elks > Knights > guns

horrendous shrieking noise

And adding the proper improvements to any of those can make them instantly better. That is why a proper engineer should be making sure that the knights' armor is strong and their weapons are sharp, that the guns are accurate and easy to reload, and the elks are capable of fusing into giant elks that can shoot lasers and-
What? Why are you all staring at me like that?

Seriously, the engineer is supposed to be a support role. And Katze, don't have something happen and then declare that your character isn't actually doing the things to make it happen; explain how your work led to that being able to happen. Right now, your character sounds more like an artillery captain than any kind of engineer. How did you make the volley guns? Is it just 11 guns strapped together, or something more sophisticated?
If you have a picture of an actual item that you are referring to, that would help a great deal.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2017, 08:51:39 pm »

Can people still join this?
One does not 'Join' a minimalist RTD. If you post, you are in by default.

Okay, we have proof of concept for both the automatic crossbow mechanisms and for autonomous 'bots. Cool. Let's combine those.

Hook up some more crossbows with another wheel, and also make one automaton for every two crossbows to aim and load the crossbows.
To prevent - or at least make less likely - the chance of another berserk automaton, they will be only lightly armored, and set up to "scream" an alarm if they attack someone or are attacked.

EDIT: considering that we started at 1000 enemy soldiers, and killed some, I do not believe that there should be 9723 enemy forces right now, Doubloon.

EDIT2: given 1000 enemies and 20 turns... we need to kill an average of 50 guys a turn to survive. We had10 actions this past turn, and killed 27 units. Either we need more people, or we need more effective attacks.
Also, another fix: this should have been turn 1, not turn 2. We're in turn 2 now.
Fixed, also, the turn thing was intended, & I'm a bit confused as to what you're going for there.
"Going for"? Regarding the crossbows or the calculations?
The crossbows is me trying to kill more people with something that's already been proven to work fairly well.
The calculations was just me thinking that we need to pick up the slack.
I mean what you want the turn numbering to be like.
Umm... 30, 35? That's if you're asking for my input. I do believe that our killing power will increase, so not quite 40, but we should still have some incentive to accomplish more than we did this turn.
You think it should be Turn 30? What? I was talking about the 'It should be turn two, not turn one' thing, not the kill-to-turn ratio.

Avanti!

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2017, 08:55:02 pm »

MAKE IT TURN 30. ALSO, I WANT 1000000 ENEMIES ASAP.

LET'S SEE WHAT YOU'RE MADE OF, "SUPERWEAPON".
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2017, 09:27:20 pm »

Okay, we have proof of concept for both the automatic crossbow mechanisms and for autonomous 'bots. Cool. Let's combine those.

Hook up some more crossbows with another wheel, and also make one automaton for every two crossbows to aim and load the crossbows.
To prevent - or at least make less likely - the chance of another berserk automaton, they will be only lightly armored, and set up to "scream" an alarm if they attack someone or are attacked.

EDIT: considering that we started at 1000 enemy soldiers, and killed some, I do not believe that there should be 9723 enemy forces right now, Doubloon.

EDIT2: given 1000 enemies and 20 turns... we need to kill an average of 50 guys a turn to survive. We had10 actions this past turn, and killed 27 units. Either we need more people, or we need more effective attacks.
Also, another fix: this should have been turn 1, not turn 2. We're in turn 2 now.
Fixed, also, the turn thing was intended, & I'm a bit confused as to what you're going for there.
The crossbows is me trying to kill more people with something that's already been proven to work fairly well.
Umm... 30, 35? That's if you're asking for my input. I do believe that our killing power will increase, so not quite 40, but we should still have some incentive to accomplish more than we did this turn.
You think it should be Turn 30? What? I was talking about the 'It should be turn two, not turn one' thing, not the kill-to-turn ratio.
There is clearly a miscommunication here. I thought that you were talking about the latter.
It is currently turn 2. Your post that is currently labeled turn 2 should be labeled turn 1.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 09:34:10 pm by Glass »

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2017, 09:29:51 pm »

There is clearly a miscommunication here. I thought that you were talking about the latter.
It is currently turn 2. Your post that is currently labeled turn 2 should be labeled turn 1.
Double pyramid, how interesting.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2017, 09:33:06 pm »

...whoops.
Gimme a moment to fix that.
In related news: ALL PRAISE THE GOD OF THE ZIGGURAT!

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2017, 12:35:48 am »

I, Chuck The Valorous, stand to my feet and redouble my efforts to slay the enemy! For God and Country!

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2017, 06:03:08 am »

Hmm, perhaps there is a way of divining who is friend or foe for the Auto...Knight...Yes a Auto-Knight!!!

Design a device to allow the Auto-Knight to see friend or foe. Perhaps an optical device that reacts to the colors that associated with our House and those of our enemy.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2017, 07:41:18 am »

The colors found on Castle Adjilia's flag are silver, brown, and electric blue.
It has a silver background, a brown cog in the center, and an electric blue lightning bolt down the center.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Siegebreak [Semi-Minimalist] {Turn 2}
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2017, 01:21:07 pm »

TURN 2
Antler a path to the unhorsed Chuck.

Become noble steed.
[4]
Goring, horrifically, several pikemen, you elk over to Sir Chuck, and pose heriocally in front of him.
-5 SOLDIERS
-----

[3]
By expending a large part of the castle's wood and brass reserves, you are able to build automata for each two crossbows. Sadly, due to having fingers made of wood, they have difficulty picking up arrows, and have to be periodically rewound anyway, due to the fact that they are clockwork machines. In addition, the castle's Quartermaster is very annoyed that you used a large portion of the firewood supply to make possibly-homicidal robots for a task that would be better suited to a gravity-fed hopper and a spring loaded trigger. Nevertheless, soldiers are killed.
-12 SOLDIERS
-----
Go all Bushido on the enemy's ass so I can respawn as something else.
[6]
You go 'Bushido', attacking and beheading a few enemies, before realizing that you used such a dishonorable tactic as flanking, and after stabbing a final besieger, you commit ritual Seppuku, ending your own life.
-4 SOLDIERS
-----
Oh look a canon that should do more damage than this crossbow
[4]
You find a copy of the heavy book that is the Biblical Canon, and promptly run outside, beating several people to death with the holy scripture. Every time you hit someone, 'Halleleujah' rings in your mind.
-3 SOLDIERS
-----
Set fire to the enemy's food supplies and equipment.
[5]
Sneaking once more into the enemy camp, you raze down a supply tent, taking several lives, and causing a stampede of pack animals that kills a few more.
-7 SOLDIERS
-----
I am the castle's resident alchemist, then.

I prepare poison-tipped arrows for the castle's archers, making them more lethal.

[2]
A poison is specially prepared, and arrows are drilled into to fill with poison, and promptly fired into the enemy ranks. Your spotters report to you that none if the hit men seem ill in any way, though some do die from the arrows alone. It seems that the invading army is made up of a slightly different subspecies of humans, differing in that they are taller, of different complexion, and a resistance to common plant toxins, of which your poison was made.
-3 SOLDIERS
-----
Dual-wield musket rifles while on my horse, slaughter as many as the pikemen as possible. The cavalry can continue doing hit and run tactics
[1]
One of your fellow defenders points out to you that 'Musket Rifle' is an oxymoron, though you continue onward anyway. Jumping on horseback, you trot around the enemy, fire your muskets, and despite the aching in your arms from firing a longarm one-handed, you spend a minute reloading each of your muskets, and then promptly fall off your horse and get trampled, because while you were realoading your firearms, you weren't holding the reins of your horse in a battlezone filled with loud noises that could easily spook one. Only one of the shots even penetrated the pikemen's armor.
-1 SOLDIER
-----
Behold! The volley guns! Each sporting eleven dangerous barrels of muskety doom.

Order for them to be fired at the enemy while maintaining a grossly arrogant, high-chinned, fancy mustache comport; I am the forts high born principal engineer after all.

[3]
While this formation is normally incredibly effective, the longer distances involved means that fewer of your shots actually hit the enemy. Despite this inconvenience, your pompousness is maintained.
-4 SOLDIERS
-----
Be a dragon. Start eating people. Don't care who.
[This isn't fantasy, but a Komodo Dragon works fine.]
[6]
You are a Komodo Dragon. You approach a soldier, who seems rather curious about you. You then lick the person, who seems to not know about the toxins that you contain. Within a few hours, he falls ill and dies. You then bite a chunk out of him... and end up dying. It seems like this was one of the soldiers hit by the poison arrows. Of course, while it wasn't effective against him, subspecies and all, your lack of resistant to the toxin caused your untimely demise. Rest in Peace, Komodo, Rest in Peace.
-1 SOLDIER
-----
I, Chuck The Valorous, stand to my feet and redouble my efforts to slay the enemy! For God and Country!
[5]
In a rage at the enemy killing your horse, you duck under the pikewall, and slash through the front line's feet, even stabbing some of the nearby musketeers, busily reloading. Through the entire thing, you look somehow noble, with the elk alongside you.
-8 SOLDIERS
-----
Hmm, perhaps there is a way of divining who is friend or foe for the Auto...Knight...Yes a Auto-Knight!!!

Design a device to allow the Auto-Knight to see friend or foe. Perhaps an optical device that reacts to the colors that associated with our House and those of our enemy.
[4]
Taking advantage of the fact that the enemy army is made of a subspecies of much taller humans, you devise a system in which a piece of burning lime in a capsule with grated walls. The light is reflected by enemy armor; rather than passing over our heads, as for our shorter troops. If it is reflected, the light hits small crystals embedded in the robot's body. Then, through a wonder of alchemy, the robot is then guided to attack them.
----------
ENEMY FORCES: 925
TURNS LEFT: 18
BATTLEGROUND: MEDIEVAL CASTLE, PLAINS AROUND, RIVER CLEARED ITSELF.
OUTSTANDING THINGS: ARMY OF ROBOTS USED TO LOAD CROSSBOWS, MAGIC EXISTS, KIND OF.

Avanti!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2017, 01:36:49 pm »

Continue the Attack in direction to Sir Chuck I am his squire. I should have been there early but I got distracted.

"DEUS VULT"
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2017, 02:10:45 pm »

As Chuck lances the musketeers, shake off accumulated blood and viscera on antlers, blinding enemies.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 05:00:42 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2017, 02:15:26 pm »

In addition, the castle's Quartermaster is very annoyed that you used a large portion of the firewood supply to make possibly-homicidal robots for a task that would be better suited to a gravity-fed hopper and a spring loaded trigger.
Ah. Erm. Yes, that would make sense. *facepalms for not thinking of this*

Okay, so. Let's actually do that, in fact: set it up so that the crossbows have gravity-fed hoppers of bolts and spring-loaded triggers. The robots can be sent to go man our cannons.

EDIT: 48 kills this turn. The expected increase in killing power has already started, and at a pace that I hadn't expected. Quite nice.
Also, despite the several issues that my system has, it is still one of our more effective weapons. It's killed 18 soldiers so far!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 02:21:01 pm by Glass »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2017, 02:47:41 pm »

Shake off accumulated blood and viscera on antlers, blinding enemies.

I, Sir Chuck The Valorous, mount this noble Elk, ready my lance, and skewer the enemy musketeers upon it!

Continue the Attack in direction to Sir Chuck I am his squire. I should have been there early but I got distracted.

"DEUS VULT"

"Hurry Squire! The heathens vastly outnumber me and I am desperate need of assistance! Lift your blade, and cut them down like the chaff they are! DEUS VULT!"
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 03:02:10 pm by Ardent Debater »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2017, 04:19:26 pm »

If our poison will not work, then a different poison sleeping-potion will! Coat arrowheads with the stuff, and watch our enemy raid Dreamland!
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8