Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to Siegebreak [Semi-Minimalist] {Turn 4}  (Read 14686 times)

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
Roll to Siegebreak [Semi-Minimalist] {Turn 4}
« on: April 05, 2017, 05:41:20 pm »

You are one of many people in a castle, currently under attack by an invading force of a thousand soldiers. At the moment, you are all in the Renaissance, technologicalwise. Be warned, if you cannot eliminate the entire invading force within 20 turns [May be extended or retracted if number is off], you will all be killed by some superweapon that you cannot interact with in any form. When you join, please be sure to state what you are in the same post as your first action.

ENEMY FORCES: 1000
TURNS LEFT: 20
BATTLEGROUND: MEDIEVAL CASTLE, PLAINS AROUND.
OUTSTANDING THINGS: NOTHING AS YET

Spoiler: RULES (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 07:57:48 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Siegebreak [Semi-Minimalist] {Turn 0}
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 05:47:10 pm »

Sneak into enemy camp and place dead animals, crap, and waste material into the enemy's water supply.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 06:16:02 pm »

Do dragons, fairies, and magical arts exist here?

Figure out if this is fantasy medieval or realistic medieval.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 06:35:07 pm »

If fantastic medieval, I am a Magitechnician, one who works the fabric of reality to create devices and artifacts made all the more powerful for their blending of the magical and mechanical.
I create clockwork snakes with razor-sharp hides, and enchant them with rudimentary instincts to seek out and attack enemy leadership.

OR

If realistic medieval, I am an Engineer, a builder and designer who can take just about any aspect of a worked object and figure out a way to make it better.
I start working out how to make mechanisms that will cause crossbows to fire automatically into our opponent's army, with plans to create it once I seem to have a working theory (likely including wind- or water-mills and something that looks like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 09:54:10 pm »

Squire.

pull a crossbow and shoot important looking enemies
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 11:23:33 pm »

This is the renaissance era!, I'm the leader of the fine cavalry of this dandy fortress.

Lead the charge! of using horseback riding with musket guns, slaughter the main bulk of the infantry

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 11:27:25 pm »

I am an Elite Knight, and leader of the knights of <castle name>.

I shall draw my blade, order my 30 knights to follow suit, and join the daring cavalry on their charge, defeating any enemies who may slip by the arquebusiers.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 12:25:46 am »

I'm this elk, a trained War Elk of the castle guard.

I was commissioned shortly after some jester claimed that there were things the King could not command.

Bugle loudly and gore the enemy on my horns alongside the cavalry.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 12:59:54 am »

Within the Castle a resident Renaissance man gets to work.

He attempts the creation of an automaton encased within a suit of plate armor.

(For reference:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo%27s_robot,
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 05:04:39 am »

Fire the cannon at the invaders

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 09:14:54 am »

This is the renaissance era!, I'm the leader of the fine cavalry of this dandy fortress.

Lead the charge! of using horseback riding with musket guns, slaughter the main bulk of the infantry

I shall draw my blade, order my 30 knights to follow suit, and join the daring cavalry on their charge, defeating any enemies who may slip by the arquebusiers.

I, Chuck The Valorous, mount my noble steed, draw my blade, and join these noble gentlemen in their charge!

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Siegebreak [Semi-Minimalist] {Turn 1}
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017, 10:47:56 am »

TURN 1

Sneak into enemy camp and place dead animals, crap, and waste material into the enemy's water supply.
[3]
You sneak in, and attempt to throw barrels and bags of various waste products upriver of the local stream. However, you only get halfway through before a sentry spots you and several men come running upriver. Leaving the rest of the waste behind, you flee back into the castle before they catch up with you or get a clear shot. Despite that you only got halfway through, several soldiers fall sick, and die.
-5 SOLDIERS
-----
Do dragons, fairies, and magical arts exist here?

Figure out if this is fantasy medieval or realistic medieval.
[3]
Magic does in fact exist, but is incredibly finicky, dangerous, or just plain ineffective. Alchemy, potions, and even some fortune telling and conjuring related magic works, but no shooting fireballs, unless you want to sacrifice 100 virgins over a blood rune, with a dagger made of obsidian.
-----
If fantastic medieval, I am a Magitechnician, one who works the fabric of reality to create devices and artifacts made all the more powerful for their blending of the magical and mechanical.
I create clockwork snakes with razor-sharp hides, and enchant them with rudimentary instincts to seek out and attack enemy leadership.

OR

If realistic medieval, I am an Engineer, a builder and designer who can take just about any aspect of a worked object and figure out a way to make it better.
I start working out how to make mechanisms that will cause crossbows to fire automatically into our opponent's army, with plans to create it once I seem to have a working theory (likely including wind- or water-mills and something that looks like this:
[Coin Flip for Engineer or Magitech: Engineer]
[4]
Designs are drawn up, stores are opened, and a rope system is rigged up to wind crossbows with the power of oxen turning a wheel. However, it can only connect to so many crossbows, all of which have to be aimed and loaded with bolts manually. In a test firing at the enemy camp, a few soldiers in light armor are slain.
-6 SOLDIERS
-----
Squire.

pull a crossbow and shoot important looking enemies
Picking up a light crossbow, you take aim at a tent that is the perfect mix of fairly large and close to to your firing line. After giving several shots through the canvas, you hear distant shouting that a commander has been killed. Fairly good, and should reduce organization, but in terms of numbers, only one down.
-1 SOLDIER
-----

[2]
Charging forth on horseback, the enemy force raises a squad of pikes in the path of your charges, with arquebusiers on either arm. This formidable wall causes many of your force to pause, jump off their horses, and exchange shots with the enemy. As a result of your force's shorter carbine muskets, you kill only a few.
-3 SOLDIERS
-----

[5]
With the cavalry paused, and the enemy engaged in a firefight, your force manages to flank through the thick clouds of gunpowder smoke, and begin causing havoc in the enemy lines.
-8 SOLDIERS
-----
I'm this elk, a trained War Elk of the castle guard.

I was commissioned shortly after some jester claimed that there were things the King could not command.

Bugle loudly and gore the enemy on my horns alongside the cavalry.
[4]
At first amused by this strange deer making noises at them, several of the pikemen at the rear exchange jokes about you. However, when a wild animal essentially shouts and charges at them, you skewer one, and as the pikes are brought to bear on you, their long length causes some incidents of 'friendly fire'.
-3 SOLDIERS
-----
Within the Castle a resident Renaissance man gets to work.

He attempts the creation of an automaton encased within a suit of plate armor.

(For reference:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo%27s_robot,
[6]
In a wonder of old timey genius, you create a knightly automata, driven by rope and a clockwork drive. In tests, it performs well against straw dummies, but when you face it in a spar with a squire, the machine goes on to violently behead the squire, and attacks several onlookers before being destroyed with a lucky shot by a longbowman, right into the clockwork spring.
-----
Fire the cannon at the invaders
[1]
Due to the lack of specification in what you do, the fickle laws of reality decide you ARE the cannon. However, you have no brain or consciousness, due to being a cannon.
RESPAWN?
-----

I, Chuck The Valorous, mount my noble steed, draw my blade, and join these noble gentlemen in their charge!
[2]
In a noble cavalry charge, your horse gallops through the musket smoke, and promptly is skewered onto a ten-foot pike, which due to the weight of the horse, causes the wielder to die as a strange result of the pike snapping in half, and potential energy making it whack himself in the face. Disoriented, you lay in the grass.
-1 SOLDIER
-----------
ENEMY FORCES: 973
TURNS LEFT: 19
BATTLEGROUND: MEDIEVAL CASTLE, PLAINS AROUND, RIVER DIRTIED.
OUTSTANDING THINGS: MAGIC KIND OF EXISTS, AS DOES L. DA VINCI'S DREAMLAND.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 12:20:43 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2017, 10:59:12 am »

Antler a path to the unhorsed Chuck.

Become noble steed.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2017, 11:21:26 am »

Okay, we have proof of concept for both the automatic crossbow mechanisms and for autonomous 'bots. Cool. Let's combine those.

Hook up some more crossbows with another wheel, and also make one automaton for every two crossbows to aim and load the crossbows.
To prevent - or at least make less likely - the chance of another berserk automaton, they will be only lightly armored, and set up to "scream" an alarm if they attack someone or are attacked.

EDIT: considering that we started at 1000 enemy soldiers, and killed some, I do not believe that there should be 9723 enemy forces right now, Doubloon.

EDIT2: given 1000 enemies and 20 turns... we need to kill an average of 50 guys a turn to survive. We had10 actions this past turn, and killed 27 units. Either we need more people, or we need more effective attacks.
Also, another fix: this should have been turn 1, not turn 2. We're in turn 2 now.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 12:04:30 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2017, 12:13:39 pm »

Go all Bushido on the enemy's ass so I can respawn as something else.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8