Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Minion Master - Free on Steam til 6 April (forever yours, not temporary)  (Read 1195 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I found this game on my bargain newsletter as the it's been given out for free on Steam until 6 April 2017.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/489520

I started playing it with no expectation whatsoever, but I found it to be charming. It has deck building, card crafting (similar to a typical card game) mixed with RTS, with a touch of tower defense and MOBA.

I'm still a complete newbie, Rank 5 Bronze. Anyone else here playing it?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, it's in the budget in terms of dollars, but maybe not in hours. Worth claiming anyway I guess.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile

I'll take a look-see. It's the right price, certainly.
It's a game. Have fun.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

It looks like a reskinned clash royale. What sets it apart?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Isn't clash royale just an android game? There's no download or purchase link on the website.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

It'll be F2P in the future, so this seems like a transparent marketing gimmick.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah lots of complaints saying it's already pay to win - at £3.99 it's already going to be a P2W game, and this is just a cheap marketing gimmick.

I hate the business model of these kinda games utterly and completely, so hope it fails miserably.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

Isn't clash royale just an android game? There's no download or purchase link on the website.
That's kinda my point. It's literally a reskinned android game being presented as a full fat desktop game.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's as much a reskinned Clash Royale as Hearthstone is a reskinned Magic the Gathering or Quake is a reskinned Doom.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd have tried them both to compare, but android-only stuff is stuff I can't try.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive