Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 19: Who Says Diplomacy Never Works?) [Waitlist Open]  (Read 18144 times)

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
Re: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 17: The Amalgamation) [Waitlist Open]
« Reply #210 on: July 07, 2017, 12:01:09 pm »

Get out of the purple room; if the thing becomes aggressive, fire at will.

"You did it, buddy." Of course we're gonna try and communicate with literal goo. Totally gonna end well.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 18: The Lookalike) [Waitlist Open]
« Reply #211 on: July 10, 2017, 05:23:55 pm »

Turn 18: The Lookalike

The tension in the room increases as party members pull out their weapons, bristling and ready to unleash a volley of death. Well, almost all the party members. Gary, not desiring to get caught in the crossfire, shuffles out of the way. He pulls a small bag out of his herbalism kit, pours its contents onto the ground, and drops the little piece of goo into it.

[Gary, +Item: Bag containing Grey Goo]

Meanwhile, the remaining members wait with bated breath as Ae-Hale attempts... diplomacy.

"So...this is a living being, huh? Sorry for harming you with a helming ingot, unless you planned on harming, dissolving, killing, consuming, or integrating us. If you aren't the sort of being to do those things, then I apologize for those comments. Can you communicate with us? Jiggle once for yes, twice for no".

No answer is forthcoming, however, as the mass of goop twists and shifts, swirling and pulsing as it heaves itself upwards, into a very human shape. And, disconcertingly, it is starting to very closely resemble Ae-Hale himself, down to his clothes and facial features but in a solid, uniform grey. Finally, with a loud POP and a disturbing sucking noise, it pulls a wand-shaped mass of goo out of it's own side, mirroring each of Ae-Hale's movements exactly.

Though it's mouth doesn't move, a raspy yet wet voice emanates from the Ae-Hale lookalike. "what does it want from ussssssssssss. what does it waaaaaaaaaaant." It makes a gesture with it's goo-wand, and goo begins to pool out from the stones in the walls, slowly flowing down the walls and pooling on the ground. "it issssssssssss like the otherssssssssssss. it isssssssss an intruderssssssss." Slowly, it raises its goo-arm up, want pointing straight at Ae-Hale. "it diesssssss."

[Ae-Hale, Arcana: 5+2]
[Ardelion, Arcana: 5+2]
[Jerila, Ranged: 1+1]
[Jacob, Ranged: 4+1]

[?, DEX: 1+?]

[Jerila, -Item: Arrow]
[Jacob, -Item: Bolt]

But the group, they know a threat when they hear one! Before the creature can even react, bursts of bronze and ice and a crossbow bolt (with Jerila's arrow missing the mark completely and clattering against the wall) slam into its form as it splatters against the ground, returning to goo. Yet, everyone can still hear the voice in their heads, as it hisses "it mussssssst dieeeeeeee." The goo that was running down the walls and pooling on the floor starts to push themselves up into human shapes again, as the splattered remains of the first mass start to pull themselves back together across the floor. "killlllllllll iiiiiiiiit."
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 10, 2017, 06:00:29 pm »

*sigh*
Well, carp. Okay, escape plan time.
Look around for an escape route. There was a second hallway, right?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 10, 2017, 08:23:16 pm »

"Your talents at mimicry are certainly something, but that is not what matters! We only came here to keep ourselves safe. Not coming here would have meant death for us. Some of us saw...you, and wondered what you were...We kept our guard up, in case this slime that you consist of is dangerous, and we were right. If you agree not to harm us further, we..well, at least I...will agree not to harm you further, and will leave with the others as soon as the outside is free of magma. Allies, do you agree to this offer? And you, whichever your name is, do you agree? Even if you do not, we would like to at least know that!"

Diplomacy advances! Dodge any attack that comes at me, unless it is large and ingot-able, or such an attack comes at an ally, in which case ingot the attack!
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 12, 2017, 12:28:52 am »

You know what, this thing is probably gonna aim better than I can.

Hold my bow with my right hand, and try to find an exit.

This thing probably uses the same hand as the thing it's mimicking to do things. Probably.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 13, 2017, 11:09:07 pm »

Bimp
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 14, 2017, 08:08:24 pm »

"They say copying is the best form of flattery, but this isn't what I had in mind. Anyways, down with you savage for continuing your assault will only result in your own caused downfall".

More Blast of Ice suppression on the goo; don't let it become mimics of ourselves. Allowing the other party members to look for a escape route.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 14, 2017, 08:09:34 pm »

They say copying is the best form of flattery
Imitation. You mean imitation.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 14, 2017, 09:07:16 pm »

Gary stays low to the ground, analyzing the creature's movements. He tries to figure out how it works. Once he does that, he cries out:

"The perfect form for attacking humans is a bear. You should become a bear."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 14, 2017, 09:12:21 pm »

Gary stays low to the ground, analyzing the creature's movements. He tries to figure out how it works. Once he does that, he cries out:

"The perfect form for attacking humans is a bear. You should become a bear."
XD
This is great :D

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 20, 2017, 09:30:02 pm »

Oops! Sorry, didn't mean to bump you there. Wait, I did.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 21, 2017, 02:36:10 pm »

Well, I'm still waiting for... *counts players*

...huh. DD can't count to 5 guys. My bad, entirely.

Turn 19: Who Says Diplomacy Never Works?

Ae-Hale attempts to diplomatically come to an agreement with the creature, saying "Your talents at mimicry are certainly something, but that is not what matters! We only came here to keep ourselves safe. Not coming here would have meant death for us. Some of us saw...you, and wondered what you were...We kept our guard up, in case this slime that you consist of is dangerous, and we were right. If you agree not to harm us further, we..well, at least I...will agree not to harm you further, and will leave with the others as soon as the outside is free of magma. Allies, do you agree to this offer? And you, whichever your name is, do you agree? Even if you do not, we would like to at least know that!"

[Ae-Hale, CHA: 1]

"liiiiiiiiieeeeeesssss. LIIIIIIEEEEESSSSSS. IT LIIIIIIEEEEEESSSSSS."

At the same time, Gary tries a slightly more... unconventional approach. "The perfect form for attacking humans is a bear. You should become a bear," he says.

[Gary, CHA: 5]

One of the blobs that was morphing into a humanlike shape stops for a second, and then it begins to twist and curl into a more, well, bearlike shape. It perfectly resembles a 10 foot long grizzly bear, and it lets out a huge, monstrous roar!

While the goo-bear transforms, Gary also attempts to analyze how it is able to shift and change form.

[Gary, INT: 3-1]

He hasn't a goddamn clue.

While this is all going on, Ardelion speaks out to the shifting globs of goo. "They say copying is the best form of flattery, but this isn't what I had in mind. Anyways, down with you savage for continuing your assault will only result in your own caused downfall". With that, he fires a blast of ice into the closest pooling shapes.

[Ardelion, Arcana: 3+2]
[Ardelion, Arcana: 5+2]
[?1, DEX: 4+?]

BOOM! One blast of ice obliterates the repooling original mass. BOOM! Another blast slams into another shape, splattering bits of grey goo all over the entire room! Well, all over the room, and a good chunk of it splattering all over Ardelion. That might turn out to be a bit of a problem.

The last three blobs grow into the shapes of Ardelion, Gary, and Jacob.

In the meanwhile, Jacob and Jerila dash into the purple room, running like mad! Guided by dagger-shirt light, they push into the darkness.

[Jacob, INT: 1]
[Jerila, INT: 6]

Their results are... varied. Jacob wanders into the darkness, far away from the light and becomes horribly, horribly lost! Meanwhile, Jerila finds a small hole in one of the walls that perhaps a person could fit through... maybe.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 21, 2017, 02:46:52 pm »

At the same time, Gary tries a slightly more... unconventional approach. "The perfect form for attacking humans is a bear. You should become a bear," he says.

One of the blobs that was morphing into a humanlike shape stops for a second, and then it begins to twist and curl into a more, well, bearlike shape. It perfectly resembles a 10 foot long grizzly bear, and it lets out a huge, monstrous roar!
"Holy shit. That worked?"

Gary uses "Kill Bears" on the bear-shaped goo! It's bear enough, right?

((I'm STUMPED about what possible bear puns I could make right now.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Get un-lost and get to where Jerila is.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 21, 2017, 05:04:15 pm »

"Holy shit. That worked?"

Gary uses "Kill Bears" on the bear-shaped goo! It's bear enough, right?

((I'm STUMPED about what possible bear puns I could make right now.))
Fur real? Come on, it's not even worth it. They'll Bear-ly work! No matter how grizzly the puns are, they'll just be ur-sine of things to come! Don't even try...cause I've used them all already! AhahahahAah!

Anyway...

"I can barely believe you believed what THIS guy said. I mean, why would he tell you information that helps you beat us? Me, I've just been explaining the situation we're all in. What makes you think I'm lying anyway? Now, I would like to confirm one certain thing about you before our diplomacy continues..."

Attempt to Seduce Elementals, just to figure out if this is an elemental of..whatever it's made of. If that fails, be ready to dodge.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16