Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 19: Who Says Diplomacy Never Works?) [Waitlist Open]  (Read 18150 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 12: An Impromptu Amputation) [Waitlist Open]
« Reply #165 on: May 18, 2017, 08:37:32 pm »

Persuade some one to give me a portion of anyone's shirt for its cloth, that unconscious dude doesn't need some of his shirt. I don't what to use any of my shirt to create the dagger-shirt contraption. Than with the proper resources of my mediocre shiv and shirt cloth, create the trap contraption. Finally casting Mark Trap on this for a primitive source of light.

"And people considered me a bit precarious, a man losing a hand isn't going to well with his relationship for that mage, I'd bet."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 12: An Impromptu Amputation) [Waitlist Open]
« Reply #166 on: May 19, 2017, 06:43:09 am »

((Whoops))

"I am SO sorry. Before we treat that would, though, GET OUT! I'll say it once again, his is the belly of a beast!"
Tell people to get out, and fire another bolt if everyone gets out/beast opens it's mouth.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 13: Rumble) [Waitlist Open]
« Reply #167 on: May 19, 2017, 12:56:45 pm »

Turn 13: Rumble

Jacob, seeing the wounded and bleeding Gary, immediately jumps up to save the downed medic! Ignoring the squelching noise he makes as his feet plod against the ground, he dashes over and pulls out his First Aid Kit as Jerila drags the prone body towards him, hoping to see what can possibly be done.

[Jacob, Medicine: 5+1]

The situation is... not ideal. Jacob rummages through his kit, but he simply does not have the required resources to perform a major operation such as this. The kit only offers one solution to a case such as this: a tourniquet.

[Jacob, STR: 5]

Tearing off Gary's shirt, Jacob quickly moves to tie a scrap above the bleeding stump, and slides a metal rod from the kit underneath it. Then, he grimaces and begins twisting the rod round and round, until the ragged stump stops bleeding. Finally, he applies some glue to the rod, making sure that it will stay in place.

[Gary is no longer experiencing major bleeding!]

Meanwhile, Ae-Hale continues screaming about a beast, yelling "I am SO sorry. Before we treat that would, though, GET OUT! I'll say it once again, his is the belly of a beast!" However, nobody seems to be paying any attention to his pleas.

Speaking of ignoring the situation at hand, Ardelion quickly scoffs "And people considered me a bit precarious, a man losing a hand isn't going to well with his relationship for that mage, I'd bet." He speed-walks over to Gary, and nears off some more of his shirt before wrapping it around his new mediocre shiv.

[-Mediocre Shiv]
[+Shiv wrapped in cloth]

[Ardelion, Arcana: 1+2]

Nothing happens. How anticlimactic.

Suddenly, the entire group hears a low rumbling. Ae-Hale, being outside the cave, notices that the streaks of molten rock lining the room he stands in are becoming brighter and brighter as the rumbling gets louder and louder. In addition, the floor on which the party members in the dark stand on starts to wobble uncontrollably, feeling horribly unstable as they have to fight to remain standing.

[Jacob, DEX: 3+1]
[Ardelion, DEX: 2+1]
[Jerila, DEX: 4+1]

Fortunately, Jacob and Jerila manage to stay standing while Ardelion lands harmlessly on his behind.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2017, 01:21:31 pm »

Gary wakes up(?)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2017, 01:38:44 pm »

Get everyone out of here!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2017, 03:39:55 pm »

wrong kind of check him out. Ruunn in the direction we were originally going. DON'T run into a wall please.

I trust the dark a LOT more than I trust lava.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 02:34:32 pm by Aliemma »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 22, 2017, 12:50:49 pm »

Hello? We still doing this?

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 22, 2017, 01:49:07 pm »

"Get out!"

If the beast closes it's mouth, ingot it. also, does anyone have any idea why the magma's glowing brighter? If for some reason MY room's the dangerous one, be ready to leap into the dark room if the latter proves true.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 22, 2017, 02:00:36 pm »

"Yeah I'm not going to mess with that"

Stand up as fast as possible, than slowly walk away from the rumbling, preparing a casting of Ice in case if the monster or whatever it is tries to threaten me. In case, the room comes to open up, than prepare to sprint into the dark room.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 24, 2017, 11:00:47 pm »

I've been kind of busy recently, so the update's gonna be a tad delayed. I'll probably get something up tomorrow or Friday.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 14: Eruption) [Waitlist Open]
« Reply #175 on: May 26, 2017, 10:00:13 am »

Turn 14: Eruption

Obligatory Music

As the rumbling increases in intensity, Ae-Hale notices that now little spurts of lava are starting to erupt from the fissures, filling the air with smoke and the stench of sulfur.

[Ae-Hale, INT: 4+1]

He realizes that this can only mean one thing: Fireblood Mountain is erupting! If he stays in this room he will surely be engulfed in liquid hot magma! Whatever the dark room may be, surely it's better than being burned alive, right? Regardless, Ae-Hale dashes back into the dark room.

Meanwhile, Jacob is attempting to drag the unconscious body of Gary out of the room.

[Gary, Will: 4]
[Gary, END: 3+1]

Suddenly, Gary wakes up and notices two things: One, he's being dragged across the slimy floor, and he feels like he's covered in slime. Two, his arm hurts worse than anything he's ever felt before and he can't feel his hand! Where did his hand go?

[Gary is no longer unconscious!]

A short reprieve, and then the rumbling of the volcano rises once more, the strange slime below the group's feet quivering and shaking before collapsing, dumping everyone down into the depths below!

[Ardelion, DEX: 3+1]
[Gary, DEX: 6]
[Ae-Hale, DEX: 4+1]
[Jerila, DEX: 1+1]
[Jacob, DEX: 2+1]

Gary, Ae-Hale, and Ardelion are lucky enough to roll as they land, while Jacob suffers only some light bruising from the fall. Jerila, on the other hand, is not so lucky, as she falls directly on her side.

[Jerila, END: 4-1]

Yeesh, that's gonna leave a mark.

Total darkness penetrates the room, before a strange blue light begins filtering through the ceiling. Some members of the party look up, to see bubbling hot molten rock sliding above a blue film, supposedly the sticky surface on which they were just standing. The blue glow allows the party to see the floor here is composed of faded tiles, a uniform muddy brown sea of cracked stone, all leading up to two stone arches in the cavern walls, a purple light glowing from one, a red light glowing from the other.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 26, 2017, 10:05:12 am »

Gary sits the hell down and analyzes the treatment of his arm, making any improvements he can to make it a little less painful. He whimpers gently as he does so.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 26, 2017, 10:36:31 am »

...um. Ok?

Attend to Jerila and make sure that she's not too hurt.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 29, 2017, 02:23:23 pm »

Dolosus? We still doing this?

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 29, 2017, 02:41:27 pm »

Dolosus? We still doing this?
Eyup.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16