Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 19: Who Says Diplomacy Never Works?) [Waitlist Open]  (Read 18168 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 9: The Diplomatic Approach) [Waitlist Open]
« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2017, 11:53:02 am »

I...don't have anything particular I'd want to say or do in reaction right now. Nothing to add, no disagreements, and so on. In other words, my action will be a lack OF action.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 10: Agreement) [Waitlist Open]
« Reply #136 on: April 29, 2017, 07:14:31 pm »

Turn 10: Agreement

"He will pay the iron price, too!", Jacob exclaims, to which the grey man responds with, "He is more than capable than choosing for himself. You are, right?" He presses his foot down on the prone Ardelion's neck, eliciting another squawk. "Right?"

Taking the hint, Ardelion sputters out "My sincerest apologies, you see you misinterpreted my monologue, it wasn't their to agitate you. It was stated to size you up, you have clearly showed that you are indeed a man with connections. As well, indeed a entity that certainly has the right of provocation, but what will do that to the end? I am just a lowly explorer that you need to have no concern about, don't mind me. Mistakes were made, and let's move past that".

[Ardelion, CHA: 2+1]

The grey man sighs and steps off of Ardelion, who breathes out a sigh of relief...

[?, STR: 5+?]
[Ardelion, END: 5]

...which quickly turns into a scream as the grey man pulls back his foot and savagely kicks Ardelion in the groin!

The grey man patiently waits for the screams to subside before he speaks again, stating

"I'll take that as a no, then. Very well. Your wiser compatriot has chosen the iron price for you, and so it is the iron price you shall have."

[?, Magic: 5+?]
[Ardelion, END: 4]

Lines begin to criss-cross the back of Ardelion's hand, forming a brand nearly identical to the one on Jacob.

[+Brand. Effect: ?]

As the rest of the group watches the scene unfold, Jacob clears his throat and asks "How will the brand guide me, though? And what kind of resistance should we expect?"

"Oh, you'll very quickly figure out how it guides you, mark my words. I'm told that the the experience is quite... unique, shall we say.

As for what is in the Untergang..."
He shrugs his shoulders. "They say that it is different for each person. When I ventured there back when I was a boy, it was full of unquiet spirits and monsters straight out of the maw of hell."

While Jacob asks questions, Gary searches the cave to find some mushrooms.

[Gary, INT: 2-1]

Nope. Not even a spore. After feeling dejected for a second, Gary moves to face the grey man, asking "I'm sure this object has value other than the symbolic value of repaying a debt. You must need it for something. Pardon if this is rude, but what value does it hold to you?"

[Gary, CHA: 2]

The grey man smiles. "No offense taken, but mind your own business."

In the meantime, Jerila sneaks over to Jacob, gesturing towards Ardelion, and whispering "Let's go before he gets us all killed," to which Jacob responds with "Agreed."

Jacob turns towards the grey man and hesitantly says, "Excuse me, Sir, um... Sir, but if you would let us go and pursue this quest to fulfill my debt to you, it will be greatly appreciated. And I apologize for our... party member's behavior. You see, I think he may be drunk."

"No problem, I myself must be going soon. And don't apologize for the fool. He deserves whatever life can throw at him."

The grey man makes a gesture, and suddenly he and Calamaxes disappear in a puff of smoke, the smell of brimstone suddenly appearing in the air. Though hazy, everyone in the group thinks that they may have briefly seen a silhouette of something far larger than either figure in the haze. The cave opening, where Calamaxes was beforehand, is the only thing that remains of the encounter.

And in the meantime, Ae-Hale stands in place, a thin line of drool dripping down his chin as he stares vacantly into the cave walls.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 29, 2017, 07:27:07 pm »

Whelp... let's get going, then. Making sure to be aware of and deactivate (or mark) all traps on the way.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 07:30:06 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 29, 2017, 07:33:40 pm »

Gary takes up a position at the back of the group when departing. He keeps an eye out for any bears.

Oh, and he of course looks for herbs or shrooms while walking.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2017, 11:02:47 am »

Whelp, just follow anyone who seems what their know what their doing. I've already lost enough pride with my previous actions. If any traps are detected, than just cast mark trap on them.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 11:06:18 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 03, 2017, 11:54:37 am »

EDIT: Disregard this. I forgot the guy disappeared.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 09:41:38 pm by Glass »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 03, 2017, 12:07:24 pm »

((Ha, ha, very funny.))

I promise to help you two get the objects for your marks, and pay close attention to the game itself, keeping my eyes out for the unusual.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 03, 2017, 09:33:15 pm »

Jerila wipes the sweat on her brow that has formed partly from the heat of being in a volcano and partly from not getting magic-crushed by that thing.

She checks to see if the dude dropped anything when he poofed, and stays behind somebody when heading forwards.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 11: A Sticky Situation) [Waitlist Open]
« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2017, 04:22:11 pm »

Turn 11: A Sticky Situation

Seeing that no one else is willing to take the initiative, Ae-Hale moves to enter the cavern passage. Once inside, he notices three things: One, it is very dark. So dark, in fact, that after walking a few feet in the light from the entrance no longer illuminates the path forward. Ae-Hale feels that this is an unnatural sort of darkness. Two, it isn't nearly as cramped as a small tunnel such as this should be. Sticking his arms out, Ae-Hale fails to find the walls the logic dictates should be brushing up against his shoulders. Three, the floor is sticky, a slight squishing noise coming from the ground with every step he takes.

After entering the cave and following Ae-Hale, Gary makes a cursory look around for mushrooms, herbs, bears, or any combination of the three.

[INT: 2-1]

Unfortunately, it is far too dark to make anything out! To solve this problem, Gary reaches down to brush the floor, hoping to find fungal life.

Gary's hand sinks into the ground with a worrying *GLOOMPH* noise. That was certainly unexpected.

[Gary is stuck! He cannot move until he gets himself unstuck.]

Next goes Ardelion, recently humbled by the Grey Man, and Jacob, rubbing the brand on his wrist in an attempt to puzzle out what it does. Quietly moving into the room, they too notices the strange, sticky floor. Huh.

Before blindly barging into the tunnel, Jerila struts over to the quickly dissipating cloud, the smell of brimstone growing stronger as she walks over to where Calamaxes was.

[INT: 2]

But she can find nothing other than bits of rock and cooling magma left behind by the beast. That problem having been dealt with, she wiper her sticky sweat-covered brow and enters the sticky tunnel.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2017, 04:35:26 pm »

Um. Light. We need light.
Take a piece of cloth and cover a knife with it. Get this trap marked.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2017, 04:49:27 pm »

Ding. "We should head back out now- this is no cave, it's the belly of a beast!" Run back out of this beast, and cast Bolt of Infernal Bronze into it! Make sure to not aim at any allies, though the ground near Gary might me a good target.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2017, 05:35:54 pm »

Gary tries to expand his hand muscles as much as possible, splaying his fingers, and forcing his arm to take up as much volume as possible. After a second, he immediately contracts all of his muscles, and pulls his fingers together. Hopefully, this will allow the smaller hand to slip out of the gaps created by expanding his hand. He then attempts to withdraw his hand, then back up considerably.

Failing that, he just tries to brute force it, and pull away.

"Uhm. Guys. Problem. Help. Someone pull me out. It's squishy, and my hand is inside of it. I hate to imagine what I'm doing right now."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2017, 11:15:07 am »

"We haven't tested that improvised trap technique for light, but I guess my reservedness previously was just that the idea's logic behind it was groundless. I do assume though that we will lose nothing from this experiment.

Try the Mark Trap spell on the person who wants his knife marked, I'll just claimed that its a very very improvised trap. After, that just try the casting of Conjure Shiv as I do a cursory watch on all the actions my compatriots are doing

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 11, 2017, 12:34:57 pm »

((Bump for Aliemma))

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2017, 12:42:17 pm »

((Damnit, thought I posted.))

Jerila tries to pull Gary out BEFORE molten bronze flies that way. As much as she hated to admit it, Gary did save her life, maybe.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16