Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 19: Who Says Diplomacy Never Works?) [Waitlist Open]  (Read 18191 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 6: School of Hard Knocks) [Waitlist Open]
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2017, 10:08:37 pm »

Gary rushes out to his fallen compatriots, and carries them over to his hiding place, one at a time. He lays them in the recovery position, treating them for shock. If there are any visible wounds (scrapes and bumps from the collision), he treats them with his First Aid Kit.

If the golem becomes a threat again, he begins shouting in a hammy monologue, trying to draw its attention away from his patients.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2017, 10:13:52 pm »

Gary rushes out to his fallen compatriots, and carries them over to his hiding place, one at a time. He lays them in the recovery position, treating them for shock. If there are any visible wounds (scrapes and bumps from the collision), he treats them with his First Aid Kit.

If the golem becomes a threat again, he begins shouting in a hammy monologue, trying to draw its attention away from his patients.

And so people prove their decency and bravery. Have a cookie, Gary.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2017, 10:40:56 pm »

Well, Gary...
"I'm a doctor"
Now be useful for once.

EDIT: Two ones, both on people who couldn't afford them. A six and a five, both on people who didn't need them. And that's RTD for ya, mates.
You both got effectively 0s, your lucky the GM isn't cruel enough to split your head about with that roll. Also taking a penalty to endurance may be a generally bad idea if you plan to take the hits.

"Ah yes the brilliance of Fire and Ice, what wonderful combination they can make" I state in a both sarcastic and narcissistic way. "Anyways well you go all dealing with those head bruises are compatriots have gotten, I will do some rudimentary exploring"

Explore/Scout further within the cave and dungeon to get a more refined look on what encounters we have in our future

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2017, 11:09:53 pm »

Well, Gary...
"I'm a doctor"
Now be useful for once.

EDIT: Two ones, both on people who couldn't afford them. A six and a five, both on people who didn't need them. And that's RTD for ya, mates.
You both got effectively 0s, your lucky the GM isn't cruel enough to split your head about with that roll. Also taking a penalty to endurance may be a generally bad idea if you plan to take the hits.

"Ah yes the brilliance of Fire and Ice, what wonderful combination they can make" I state in a both sarcastic and narcissistic way. "Anyways well you go all dealing with those head bruises are compatriots have gotten, I will do some rudimentary exploring"

Explore/Scout further within the cave and dungeon to get a more refined look on what encounters we have in our future

Who said their heads weren't split open? I just said they got knocked unconscious :P
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2017, 11:16:50 pm »

Also taking a penalty to endurance may be a generally bad idea if you plan to take the hits.
*MC points out the only person to make a tanky character is in the waitlist*

Just let one of your teammates die~
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2017, 01:21:57 am »

((Now is probably a good time to mention this is my first RTD Indeed.))

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2017, 05:56:14 am »

Well, Gary...
"I'm a doctor"
Now be useful for once.

Also taking a penalty to endurance may be a generally bad idea if you plan to take the hits.
The point of both of our characters is that we were planning to not take hits.

THERE IS STILL A BOGGING MAGMA-BEAST!
二百五!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2017, 06:34:36 am »

"Well, if the spells work, then it isn't an illusion. THAT would be embarrassing."

Ask the beast to give us part of itself in its last moments, so that it can live on...in our arsenal.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2017, 08:02:47 am »

"Well, if the spells work, then it isn't an illusion. THAT would be embarrassing."

Ask the beast to give us part of itself in its last moments, so that it can live on...in our arsenal.
Gary looks up from his patients, dropping the hammy tone for a second.

"Dude, that's seriously messed up. You magically seduce it, then ask it to rip itself apart when it's already dying so we can use its body as weapons against its former comrades?

Seriously.
"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2017, 08:10:12 am »

Gary looks up from his patients, dropping the hammy tone for a second.

"Dude, that's seriously messed up. You magically seduce it, then ask it to rip itself apart when it's already dying so we can use its body as weapons against its former comrades?

Seriously.
"
"One, we don't know if it had the intelligence or kindness to have comrades. Second, it can just shape the magma-y part of itself into a spear or something. Third, I can just take the spear it already ha-nope, can't even say it the second time".
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 7: Malpractice) [Waitlist Open]
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2017, 09:49:21 pm »

Turn 7: Malpractice

Gary pops out from behind his hiding place, first dragging Jacob back with him.

[Gary, STR: 3+1]

With a little bit of grunting, he manages to drag the body back to the hidey-hole. Next, the diagnosis!

[Medicine: 5+2]

Due to his medical expertise, Greg immediately sees that there appears to be no blood, but some slight bruising. However, Jacob might have some brain damage. Because that would certainly be bad, and Jacob isn't in a position to answer any questions right now...

[Gary, STR: 4+1]

Gary's clenched fist slams into Jacob's stomach, straight into the solar plexus! Satisfied at seeing Jacob's eyes bulge open in pain, Gary shuffles over to Jerila to make another diagnosis while he waits for Jacob to catch his breath.

[Jacob is no longer unconscious!]
[Jacob is winded! -1 to all strength, dexterity, and endurance rolls until this effect wears off.]

[Gary, STR: 5+1]

On the way back, however, he does manage to bang Jerila's head up a bit more. Eh, she'll be fine.

[Medicine: 3+2]

However, Gary quickly realizes that no, Jerila is not fine. She is bleeding quite profusely from the head, and her skull can be seen through the forehead. Fortunately, the skull doesn't appear to have fractured, so Gary is able to quickly staunch the bleeding with his first aid kit. She's still unconscious, however.

Meanwhile, Ae-Hale attempts to get the monster to break off parts of it's body, to which Gary responds with, "Dude, that's seriously messed up. You magically seduce it, then ask it to rip itself apart when it's already dying so we can use its body as weapons against its former comrades? Seriously." Ae-Hale justifies himself with "One, we don't know if it had the intelligence or kindness to have comrades. Second, it can just shape the magma-y part of itself into a spear or something. Third, I can just take the spear it already ha-nope, can't even say it the second time."

The matter having been settled, Ae-Hale continues making cooing noises at the monster, attempting to get it to break off parts of its body. In response, it starts banging it's mouth against the ground, as a few of it's teeth chip off and break, clattering to the ground. It moans, still whimpering.

[+Items: 3 Magma Monster Teeth]

Commenting on his compatriots' injuries with a sarcastic "Anyways well you go all dealing with those head bruises are compatriots have gotten, I will do some rudimentary exploring", Ardelion begins to set off down the passage but stops when he hears a voice calling from down the hole.

"Calamaxes? What's all this ruckus going on about? Calamaxes?"

Suddenly, a short, squat man with dark-grey skin appears from the hole, standing not half as high as any member of the party. His eyes flick over Greg attending the wounded Jerila, Jacob wheezing in the corner, Ae-Hale picking up the monster teeth, and Ardelion in a position halfway between walking and standing. He grimaces and holds the bridge of his nose with his hand, his eyebrows furrowed in annoyance.

"By the Gods below, more idiot adventurers. What have you all done to Calamaxes? Well? Care to explain yourselves?"
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2017, 09:54:30 pm »

"The fog just happened?

Who's Calamaxes?

Get back up to my feet and get my breath back.
If the guy looks like he's going to attack us, be ready to dodge again - but this time, make sure that I'm not dodging into a wall.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2017, 08:50:42 am »

Gary calmly walks over to Ardelion, trying his best to avoid the attention of the newcomer.

He speaks in a low voice.

"I beseech you, lend me your wand. I have to try something. For... Science."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2017, 09:09:28 am »

Gary calmly walks over to Ardelion, trying his best to avoid the attention of the newcomer.

He speaks in a low voice.

"I beseech you, lend me your wand. I have to try something. For... Science."
...I get the impression that Holes of Void is about to get used.

"What have you all done to Calamaxes? Well? Care to explain yourselves?"
"I swear on the dragons *cough* if Calmaxes is the bogging magma thing *cough* I am sick of that thing. It *coughing fit* -it tried to kill me!"

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2017, 09:16:19 am »

"Sir, we did not expect there to be any other people out here. I presume he..or she..was your pet? We though it was some wild monster, so we were anticipating having to fight that beast. It didn't have a collar or 'Beware of Guard-Elemental' anything. I attempted to cast a spell called 'seduce elementals', but I instead merely woke it up. It was angry at us, and tried to attack. We tried our best to fend the being off, and, in the process, some of our own had their heads..caved in". Hale held back a chuckle at his grim wordplay. "In the end, the fireman was flailing about. A few of the teeth fell out, and he..well, I think he's dead. Might just be unconscious, though. Once again, we're sorry. This was all a big misunderstanding."

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16