Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 19: Who Says Diplomacy Never Works?) [Waitlist Open]  (Read 18181 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 2: Magic, in a Gathering) [Waitlist Open]
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2017, 09:13:06 pm »

Anyway, follow Ard get everyone going in, but only after getting Ard to cast mark traps.
Stay on alert, with my crossbow readied.

"If you really think it's plausible for me to cast mark traps without even seeing the designated trap than I think you got the wrong idea. I believe this spell is Mark Traps, not Detect Traps so this makes me not convinced that this spell will allow me to just walk in their all joyfully, never having to worry about a trap in the world"
 :(
Wait, could you mark one of my knives as a "trap"? It'll work as a torch for an hour! And it's reusable!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2017, 09:33:49 pm »

"Y'know, if we had a large blanket and 50g's worth of Spellweaver work, we could make an effective Mark Tarp. Seriously, though, if we got ambushed or corner'd, we could cast it and make all our enemies glow. They wouldn't be able to see straight with their eyeballs glowing. Then again, the scenario might be the trap, so everything would glow in that case. As for the knife, I'd say if it was hidden in a teddy bear or pillow or something so that when it's pressed, the knife pokes/stabs someone, that would make a good trap. Or, the first trap we find, we take part of it with us wherever we go."
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2017, 09:57:20 pm »

"...Hmm. If we're doing that, then how about one of my arrows when we need to? Who doesn't like mobile torches? If it stays in the quiver, it's sort of a trap," Jerila made her way through the obsidian hole, making sure to stay behind at least one person. It's a lot easier for that Ard person to mark traps when they've been set off by others.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2017, 11:00:11 pm »

"Y'know, if we had a large blanket and 50g's worth of Spellweaver work, we could make an effective Mark Tarp. Seriously, though, if we got ambushed or corner'd, we could cast it and make all our enemies glow. They wouldn't be able to see straight with their eyeballs glowing. Then again, the scenario might be the trap, so everything would glow in that case. As for the knife, I'd say if it was hidden in a teddy bear or pillow or something so that when it's pressed, the knife pokes/stabs someone, that would make a good trap. Or, the first trap we find, we take part of it with us wherever we go."
"...Hmm. If we're doing that, then how about one of my arrows when we need to? Who doesn't like mobile torches? If it stays in the quiver, it's sort of a trap," Jerila made her way through the obsidian hole, making sure to stay behind at least one person. It's a lot easier for that Ard person to mark traps when they've been set off by others.
"I'm glad to see that one of my ideas was noticed, but what about the potential for Chasme to be able to lob molten infernal bronze at our opponents?"

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2017, 11:04:15 pm »

"I fire ingots. Y'know, bars of metal. You'd know if you ever crafted in mines. Anyway, Ingots are as much weapons as are molar teeth or mice. At a high enough velocity, anything can deal a lot of damage. So, probably no".
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2017, 07:13:22 am »

"You mean at a high enough velocity, anything is a weapon."

<Let's leave the possibility up to Dolosus.>

"Though, if the ingots are recoverable after firing... We could collect enough to start making equipment out of them!"
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 01:31:15 pm by Glass »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2017, 09:04:07 am »

"I had considered that, but if you consider its power, you'll know it must be balanced. The forces of magic will naturally pull away from the clumps that are ingots I create with the spell, causing the ingots to dissipate soon after they were created unless a moderately powerful, continuous supply of magic was applied to it in such a way as to make it permanent.

Also, if we ever need rations, a few pickle or asparagus spears could be enlarged for consumption. There could be other uses, such as barricades, bridges, emergency string (asparagus is stringy, from what I've had of it), or, if an enemy very recently ate some, exploding their stomach for lethal internal bleeding".

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2017, 09:11:46 am »

"Also, if we ever need rations, a few pickle or asparagus spears could be enlarged for consumption. There could be other uses, such as barricades, bridges, emergency string (asparagus is stringy, from what I've had of it), or, if an enemy very recently ate some, exploding their stomach for lethal internal bleeding".
"Hm. Yes, I hadn't considered that. Good lateral thinking, pengyou. Not to mention, a sufficiently enlarged spear of asparagus would probably be able to be wielded much like a club. Have a cookie.

And yes, it is very stringy. "

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2017, 09:21:19 am »

((Pengyou?))

"Or, if the enlargement is mainly on the length, it could be a good whip".

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2017, 10:07:20 am »

<朋友。"Friend" in 中文 - Mandarin Chinese.>

"Another good idea! I congratulate your resourcefulness!"

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 3: Obsidian Hole) [Waitlist Open]
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2017, 04:17:37 pm »

Turn 3: Obsidian Hole

Peeved at the fact that he won't be able to cast one of his shiny new spells without an arcane weapon, Ae-Hale loudly exclaims "...Seriously? A book of spells disappears after being read? How am I even supposed to ATTACK? None of our spells are a basic form of attack, and a majority of them are conditional. The only one that DOESN'T have a condition summons a weapon...that requires freakin' strength to use! Our only reliable spell casting magic requires an Arcane Weapon...where does one even FIND an Arcane Weapon? This isn't magic, it's a lottery!  I didn't sign up for this!"

Almost as if some higher being has heard Ae-Hale's outburst, a rugged merchant on a donkey arrives behind the group, calling out "Wands! Get'cher wands here! Get'ch-" unfortunately, he is interrupted by Ae-Hale throwing a bag of gold coins at his face, which staggers him and causes him to tumble down the volcano. He drops a single wand on the rock face behind him, which Ae-Hale quickly grabs.

[+Item: Wand]
[-100g]

Next, Ardelion conjures himself up a [Magic: 1+2]... thing. One could eventually figure out that it is a shiv, but in reality it's just a shiv-shaped hunk of iron. It's not even sharp or anything.

[+Item: Shiv-shaped Hunk of Iron]

In the meantime, Gary, Jacob, and Jerila, after discussing the magical, culinary, and strategic properties of molten bronze and giant asparagus, all make their way into the obsidian cavern, its walls slightly glowing from the light at the end. All three keep their eyes out for traps or unpleasant surprises, but they see nothing that seems particularly suspicious.

Finally, they enter the glowing room, lit up bright by streaks of glowing molten rock forming cracks in the pitch-black walls. A chipped and ragged spiral staircase lies in the center of the room, extending both upwards and downwards into the mountain. From below, the group can hear the sounds of bubbling magma, and from above they can hear the faint sound of heavy breathing.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2017, 04:21:02 pm »

"Down. Right? Down."

Gary votes for going down. Even if people go up, Gary goes down.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2017, 05:38:02 pm »

Catch up with group, vote for up, since angels are more likely up, and demons more likely down. Besides, there may be villages up on the surface.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2017, 05:42:46 pm »

"It was just magic practice, even a skilled mage can fumble up, occasionally"

Catch up with the group, as well. We go to go down people, don't you know all the valuable loots are usually in deeper levels, especially in a volcano.[/b

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2017, 05:59:40 pm »

Down, because when did you hear about treasure at the top of a volcano?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16