Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 19: Who Says Diplomacy Never Works?) [Waitlist Open]  (Read 18133 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 16: The Update Cometh!) [Waitlist Open]
« Reply #195 on: June 26, 2017, 01:54:26 pm »

Turn 16: The Update Cometh!

Slowly, Jacob moves up through the red arch to inspect the statues. Once he moves closer they seem... odd, to say the least. They seem to shimmer, to twitch slightly as if kept in place. In addition, the statues are formless, resembling huge blobs of grey goo. As he places his hand closer to the statue, the area underneath his flesh ripples and flows as if in anticipation of something. Gary, having followed just behind and grimacing in pain, peeks from behind to take a look at the statues as well.

[Jacob, INT: 3]
[Gary, INT: 4-1]

However, neither one of them has any idea what the hell the statue is supposed to be of or what it is made of.

Meanwhile, Jerila takes the opposite direction of Jacob, hoping the divine the source of the mysterious dripping in the purple arch. Shifting about her supplies, she pulls out an arrow and sticks it into the darkness.

[Jerila, DEX: 4+1]

Suddenly, she feels something drop on her arrow and she quickly pulls it back towards her.

[Jerila, INT: 2]

The substance on her arrow seems to be some sort of grey goo. As she looks closer to inspect it, it twitches and jerks slightly, as if it has a mind of its own. However, she has absolutely no idea what on earth it is.

[-Item: Arrow]
[+Item: Arrow with Grey Goo]

At the same time Ardelion, abandoning his previous attempts at creating more torches, inspects the room for any additional exits.

[Ardelion, INT: 1]

By the Gods! How could his companions have been such fools! They have chosen to investigate the lit room when obviously the darkened one would lead them out! Ardelion charges forward, confidently strutting into the darkened room. So pleased is he with his discovery, he almost doesn't notice the strange, gloppy substance falling from the ceiling and onto his head and shoulders.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 26, 2017, 02:26:32 pm »

...um...
Investigate Jerila's goo, I guess?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 26, 2017, 05:16:18 pm »

Investigate statues, then the goo arrow. Fire ingot into the slime, if I nothing tells me I shouldn't.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 26, 2017, 05:19:02 pm »

Gary checks on the status of his wound, then collects a small amount of the dripping goo in his non-detached hand and pokes it a bit.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 05:30:26 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 26, 2017, 05:19:54 pm »

Gary checks on the status of his wound, then collects a small amount of the dripping goo in his hand and pokes it a bit.
Yes, because that will, definitely end well. ::)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 02, 2017, 04:54:49 pm »

Bomp
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 02, 2017, 05:39:13 pm »

((School and Canada day don't mix well in terms of posting))

Is there still a torch-shiv that's lit? If so, grab it from whoever has it and investigate the purple room further. Hand my goo-arrow to whoever wants to inspect it.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 02, 2017, 06:22:39 pm »

Ardelion quickly goes to a place without the sticky gray slime or where his teammates are, and than tries to remove all spots of gray glue before it causes damage to him by the method of rubbing and clawing it off his clothes. If their is still time left, make another attempt at that shiv-light for anyone who wants a very improvised torch

(I think someone also had a original shiv-light, but I forget who had it)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 17: The Amalgamation) [Waitlist Open]
« Reply #203 on: July 03, 2017, 11:31:15 am »

Turn 17: The Amalgamation

Jacob, intrigued by the prospect of investigating more mysterious grey goop, ambles over towards Jerila to investigate her goo-arrow.

[Jerila, -Item: Arrow with Grey Goo]
[Jacob, +Item: Arrow with Grey Goo]

[Jacob, INT: 1]

It's goo. It's kind of grey. It quivers and trembles. He can't really get anything else out of this investigation.

In exchange for the arrow, Jerila takes Jacob's shiv-light.

[Jacob, -Item: Knife wrapped in shirt (Glowing)]
[Jerila, +Item: Knife wrapped in shirt (Glowing)]

Passing by Ardelion, who is frantically scraping goo off of his shoulders, she dives into the purple room. Though the glow from the shiv-light is not strong, she can make out the general layout of the room. The same mud-brown bricks line every surface still, but here there is more of the goo seeping out of every crack of the walls, pooling onto the floor. Some of the goo falls onto Jerila's shoulders, where it quivers slightly as it hits her flesh. Strangely enough, the goo seems to quiver and slightly pull itself closer to Jerila whenever she passes near a particularly large pool of it.

With the current light from the shiv, Jerila cannot make out any sort of exit.

At the same time as this investigation, Ardelion attempts to brush the goo out of his hair and clothes.

[Ardelion, DEX: 4+1]

Though it seems to have stuck to his skin slightly, he is able to rip the goo off of his skin and onto the floor. Once that unpleasantness is over, he attempts to create another shiv-light.

[Ardelion, Arcana: 5+2]

A searing, blinding light suddenly burst forth from his wrapped shiv, momentarily blinding him!

[Ardelion, END: 4]

Fortunately, Ardelion was able to quickly recover from the blinding light.

[-Item: Mediocre Shiv wrapped in cloth]
[+Item: Mediocre Shiv wrapped in cloth (Bright Light)]

Finished with inspecting the statue, Gary next examines his wound.

[Gary, Medicine: 2+2]

The tourniquet still holds, and the flow of blood is still stopped. Possibly, a few medicinal herbs would be able to prevent a future infection. But before he considers applying herbs, Gary collects some of the dripping goo in his still-attached hand. It seems to stick to his hand, fusing itself to his skin. Interesting.

Finally, Ae-Hale moves to make a new investigation of the strange grey statues.

[Ae-Hale, INT: 3+1]

The statues are... odd, to say the least. In fact, Ae-Hale could almost swear one of them is watching him, despite the fact that it lacks anything that would appear to serve as eyes. Slightly unsettled, he next investigates the goo-arrow.

[Ae-Hale, INT: 3+1]

The goop on the arrow appears to be made of the same substance as the statue, except this time it is in a more liquid form. Welp, it's time to start shooting high-velocity metal at things.

[Ae-Hale, Arcana: 5+2]

A hunk of bronze, demonic whispers trailing behind, careens across the room and straight into the closest statue! It plows into the grey substance, and embeds itself inside of it with a wet THUD, specks of grey goo flying across the room. The entire group can hear a low whistling sound, which escalates in volume to become a horrible wail, a terrible screeching sound as the four statues lose their solid state. Ae-Hale can only watch as they creep into the center of the room, forming into a large pool which begins to start creeping upwards into a vaguely human shape. Deep, throaty moans emanate from the grey mess, as Ae-Hale steps back slightly.

That was unexpected.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 03, 2017, 11:35:18 am »

Um.
Stay away from the goo, ready my crossbow, and aim it at the central goo thing, though don't fire yet.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 03, 2017, 11:47:05 am »

Gary quickly plops a small amount of the goo into a sealed container (he probably has one in one of his medical/herbalism kits), and backs the hell away from the massing goo.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 03, 2017, 01:37:40 pm »

"So...this is a living being, huh? Sorry for harming you with a helming ingot, unless you planned on harming, dissolving, killing, consuming, or integrating us. If you aren't the sort of being to do those things, then I apologize for those comments. Can you communicate with us? Jiggle once for yes, twice for no".

What's the word...negotiation? Bargaining? ...Ah yes, diplomacy. have wand at the ready, but not in a hostile way. If it attempts to attack anyone, ingot the center blob.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 03, 2017, 01:47:55 pm »

Yes, please do your diplomancy. I'd rather not fight another thing we don't need to fight.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 06, 2017, 01:55:33 pm »

bamp

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 06, 2017, 08:16:25 pm »

Stay behind in the back providing range support, preparing a casting of Blast of Ice if the blob tries to attack
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16