Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 19: Who Says Diplomacy Never Works?) [Waitlist Open]  (Read 18173 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 7: Malpractice) [Waitlist Open]
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2017, 09:20:19 am »

"What have you all done to Calamaxes? Well? Care to explain yourselves?"
"I swear on the dragons *cough* if Calmaxes is the bogging magma thing *cough* I am sick of that thing. It *coughing fit* -it tried to kill me!"
How compassionate of you, we were the ones intruding on the poor sentient being of fire home, maybe consider the fact that elementals maybe don't have respect for self-preservation and life"
Than I tune my head back to the old man and make a deceiving ill-backed threat with my resonating charisma, "Be warned, I am a ice elemental in disguise of a human!, purging all of the remnants of fire, consider your luck creature of fire"

Gary calmly walks over to Ardelion, trying his best to avoid the attention of the newcomer.

He speaks in a low voice.

"I beseech you, lend me your wand. I have to try something. For... Science."
Go ask Ae-Hale for a wand. A person's wand is their only share of respect in the world, so all mages must protect their own investments.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 10:09:38 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2017, 09:27:10 am »

Gary lowers his voice further.

"I might be a medic, but that just means I know exactly where to hit you for maximum effect. If you'll not allow me to 'borrow' it, then I'm afraid I'll just have to keep it.

Seriously. It's for Science. You can't not let me.
"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2017, 10:16:57 am »

Gary lowers his voice further.

"I might be a medic, but that just means I know exactly where to hit you for maximum effect. If you'll not allow me to 'borrow' it, then I'm afraid I'll just have to keep it.

Seriously. It's for Science. You can't not let me.
"
Ardellan whispers back to Gary, "You make a hard bargain with all the resentment you will uphold for me, but you can have the wand after my threat to this poser. Also don't keep my wand, it won't end well for our mutual alliance"

Give the wand to Gary after I do some precursory threats to the shadowy figure

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2017, 10:24:22 am »

Once Gary obtains the wand, he walks a few feet closer to the newcomer, bows deeply, introduces himself, and then attempts to cast "Hole of Void" directly below the man. He does it as quietly and as innocently as possible, just in case the spell fails.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2017, 10:25:08 am »

Give the wand to Gary after I do some precursory threats to the shadowy figure
"Mate, shut *cough* -shut up. Stop antag*cough* -antagonizing him. He's likely stronger than you.

Once Gary obtains the wand, he walks a few feet closer to the newcomer, bows deeply, introduces himself, and then attempts to cast "Hole of Void" directly below the man. He does it as quietly and as innocently as possible, just in case the spell fails.
*groans*
*under his breath* "That's a terrible idea..."
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2017, 06:54:56 pm »

((Bump for Aliemma. "Wake Up" is a valid action btw.))
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2017, 06:57:58 pm »

((Bump for Aliemma. "Wake Up" is a valid action btw.))
So is "zzz", or anything else, for that matter, since it can just be considered as lunatic ramblingof the character.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2017, 12:15:04 am »

((Oh, it is? Thanks))

Jerila tries to wake up from her current state, even though the depths of her mind are comforting in a strange way.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 8: A Deal) [Waitlist Open]
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2017, 08:08:56 pm »

Turn 8: A Deal

[Jerila, WILL: 5]

Jerila suddenly pops up out of her daze, almost knocking Gary off his feet as he stumbles back.

[Jerila is no longer unconscious!]

Jacob is the first to answer the short man. ""The fog just happened? Who's Calamaxes? I swear on the dragons *cough* if Calmaxes is the bogging magma thing *cough* I am sick of that thing. It *coughing fit* -it tried to kill me!" He warily scrambles back from the strange fellow, and manages to start breathing easily again.

[Jacob is no longer winded!]

"That magma thing is Calamaxes, thank you very much. And I also doubt that he actually tried to kill you! Calamaxes is a gentle and timid creature, I have never seen him attack anyone before."

Though after hearing Ae-Hale's explanation, the short man grimaces as if in pain again. "That, however, would certainly piss poor Calamaxes off to no end. Don't you adventurers ever think before barging in anywhere? No, don't answer that, I swe-". He is quickly cut off, however, by Ardelion suddenly jumping up, exclaiming "Be warned, I am a ice elemental in disguise of a human!, purging all of the remnants of fire, consider your luck creature of fire".

The grey man raises a single eyebrow at Ardelion before responding with "Really? I'm not even going to grace that with a response.
 If you were an elemental, you would certainly know who I am, and you'd be fleeing before me instead of making moronic threats. And you, going for this idiot's wand, stop!"

[Gary, CHA: 3]

Gary starts walking up to Ardelion, whistling in a manner that immediately draws the newcomer's attention. The grey man utters a single word below his breath as Gary feels his muscles involuntarily lock up.

[?, Magic: 1+?]
[Gary, WILL: 1]

Gary suddenly falls to the ground as his entire body freezes!

[Gary, END: 3+1]

His side, however, is able to take the brunt of the fall, and he is unharmed. The second he hits the rock, the force acting upon his muscles loosens as he gains full control of his body back.

"I do believe I'm starting to get annoyed with you people."

"Now, I really think that you all need to learn some manners, to not keep barging in, breaking things and harming innocent creatures such as poor Calamaxes here."
His lips pull back to reveal a sickly grin. "You all get two choices. You must pay either the blood price or the iron price. What'll it be?"
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 10:47:41 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2017, 08:13:46 pm »

"...Now, I happen to prize my blood and well-being, so I think I'll go with the price'n iron.

And more'n that, I'd like to have it be known that I did recommend turnin' around when we saw... Calamaxes."

"...it ain't waking up. Let's be going up.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 04:30:41 pm by Glass »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2017, 08:19:34 pm »

Gary looks offended, but does not speak.

He seems to be waiting for the decision of his companions before acting.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2017, 10:47:23 pm »

((...I appear to have make a mistake in the words I used in the deal. It's been fixed now, but y'all might want to rethink your choice.))

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2017, 07:45:41 am »

((...I appear to have make a mistake in the words I used in the deal. It's been fixed now, but y'all might want to rethink your choice.))
Why would you take away from me the choice to just pay gold. Wwwwhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyy.
You monster.

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2017, 11:05:18 am »

Once Jerila regains her balance and sense of direction, she turns to the man and makes a face of slight guilt. She tries to innocent her way out of this.

"We're terribly sorry about what happened to Calamaxes, we simply didn't know better. General rule is that our kind assumes elementals are not really set on making us tea and inviting us to dinner, but now that we know that the ones here are under control, we can learn from our mistakes instead."

This is what I wake up to? Really?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 10:10:39 am by Aliemma »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2017, 04:18:54 pm »

"We don't have much gold, so perhaps we could pay you the..er, sweat price? In other words, we can do favors for you for a while until we've worked off whatever he or she was worth to you. Any cursed weapons you want We could always pay a combination of prices, if you wanted".
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16