Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: (SG) You are a forgotten beast!  (Read 7543 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) You are a forgotten beast!
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2017, 04:50:18 pm »

B
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2017, 05:49:42 pm »

C: We must bring fear and misery to mankind.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2017, 10:54:29 pm »

C - 1
B - 1
'Baa''Baa' - 2

Quote from: The dice
3what? again?
You charge out of the forest and slam your first pair of tusks into a guard's upper body, killing him instantly.
The rest of the guardsman rapidly organize a crude pike wall, and make a half circle around the front of you.
Meanwhile, your giant lion smashes through windows and quietly slices the throats of the sleeping villagers.
You hear shouting from some houses, which ends with screaming. The guardsmen are too busy dealing with you to investigate.

You extend your tentacles and lift up two guards, who you shake around like a pair of maracas. Then you gleefully chomp down on their heads. A guard splits out of the crude pitchfork wall and flees towards the chapel. You swing your left front paw around, and when the wall moves to counter it your right front paw slams into their side, slicing a man in half and severely wounding several others. Moments later you hear loud ringing from the chapel's tower, and it doesn't take long for the entire village to wake up.

Barely a hundred sixty villagers emerge from their houses to investigate the reason for the bell ringing, Some appear too terrified but others pull themselves together and arm themselves. You feel several sharp pains in your backside as a few thrown knives and rocks collide with it, and while you're distracted the four remaining guards stab your right front leg.

A) Whirl around and deal with the villagers
The guards are too crippled to be a threat now, The villagers are the real threat. Besides, there's more villagers than guards.
B) Guards first, Then villagers.
Those guards are going to be trouble if you don't stop them now. Sure, there are only four, but a well timed stealthy pitchfork strike could take out an eye.
C) TACTICAL RETREAT PRONTO!
ONE HUNDRED SIXTY VILLAGERS? NOPE. OUTTA HERE.
E) Something else?
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 11:43:48 pm by Puppyguard »

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2017, 10:56:19 pm »

C: WE MUST HEAL. WE ARE MODERATELY DAMAGED.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2017, 10:57:04 pm »

B
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2017, 11:37:21 pm »

E: Throw the guards at the villagers.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2017, 01:51:48 am »

E:
 Flick limbs at nearby adversaries.
 Scale nearest building.
 MAKE WILD THE BEASTS!
 Eat guards as your pet lion and hopefully a further few flailing felines sow merry confusion amongst The Village People.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2017, 07:01:17 am »

E:
 Flick limbs at nearby adversaries.
 Scale nearest building.
 MAKE WILD THE BEASTS!
 Eat guards as your pet lion and hopefully a further few flailing felines sow merry confusion amongst The Village People.

+1

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2017, 01:59:58 pm »

Ram's E - 2
Voidslayer's E - 1
B - 1
C - 1

Quote from: The dice
You let loose a massive screech and spin around with your tentacles, knocking over villagers left and right. Breaking out of the spin you charge through the field of stunned villagers towards the chapel. Stomping on their bodies, you leap onto the chapel causing it to creak and sway. and then you open your purple eyes incredibly wide, unleashing an eldritch power which swirls and enters the minds of the animals.
The dogs and cats inside the villager's houses run out, now loyal to you, and feral to their previous masters.

Within the hour, the village is slaughtered. You eat some of the bodies, allowing you to heal somewhat. After some time here, you begin seeing white ghosts that appear restrained to the bodies. You guess these are souls. You know you can collect humanoid souls. You snarl and they begin swirling and entering your purple eyes.

You begin to hear a voice.
"Kisat..." The voice reverberates in your head.
"I can offer you great power..."
"But only if you agree to give me the souls of the villages you destroy..."

A) Agree to give the entity the souls.
Power? SURE.
B) Decline the entity's offer.
You can find a use for these souls at a later date.
C) Wait a second, What kind of power?
This seems very fishy, and very convenient that it contacts you just as you destroyed a village.

Where do you go next?
A) A forest.
One giant lion slew at least five villagers. Imagine what twelve could do.
B) Another village!
Gotta keep razing these things!
C) A City!
One hundred souls from a village, one thousand from a city?
D) Somewhere else?
split votes will be ignored.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2017, 02:32:11 pm »

I have no objections to us forming an agreement to exchange souls for power, but first I want to know who or what we're dealing with here, and how exactly this works. We're no mortal, we'll speak to this being on equal terms, and expect the same from it.

A) A forest.

As much as I'd like to raze another village, it would be foolish not to consolidate our power while we're in a position to do so.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2017, 03:36:59 pm »

I have no objections to us forming an agreement to exchange souls for power, but first I want to know who or what we're dealing with here, and how exactly this works. We're no mortal, we'll speak to this being on equal terms, and expect the same from it.

A) A forest.

As much as I'd like to raze another village, it would be foolish not to consolidate our power while we're in a position to do so.

+1 Very sensible. I love how we're such a rational eldritch monstrosity.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2017, 06:27:37 pm »

Well so long as it is only souls from villages it should be okay. If we don't like the trade then we can still get plenty from towns, cities, hamlets, burgs, farmsteads, foresthomes, goblin towers, siege camps...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2017, 02:14:53 pm »

You ask the entity who it is and what kind of power it could give you.
"Hrm. I am Dubinkor. The villagers referred to me as 'an evil spirit', but I'm more of a fallen god."
"You see, I was banished for 'purifying' certain mortals. The other gods rose up against me and took my power from me. I need their souls to get to my fallen throne once more. Just one hundred fifty or so would be enough to get me started."
"As for the power, I have several things I can bestow upon you."

Sharp tentacles Dubinkor will augment your tentacles with deadly serrated spikes. This will make them frighteningly sharp but reduce your ability to grasp with them.
Augmented Muscles Dubinkor will augment your leg muscles to allow you to leap incredibly high, such as over a 50ft wall. Be aware of fall damage!
Camoflauge skin Dubinkor will augment your flesh to camoflauge when commanded. A large creature like you will be able to use this cleverly in caves, but it won't work very well in open areas.
Ghost Decoy Dubinkor will augment your mind, allowing you to project a ghostly decoy of yourself. To the untrained eye, it will appaer to be you. However, it will require your utmost concentration in order to not dissipate. The decoy also has some physical abilities aswell. It is unable to pass through walls but it can float.
Poison Dart Dubinkor will augment your throat, allowing you to shoot an acidic armor-melting dart. Good for hitting an important target.
Poison Tentacles Dubinkor will augment your tentacles with a venom sac at the tip, allowing you to sting a foe and inject a lethal poison.
Commanding Speech Dubinkor will augment your throat with proper vocal chords, allowing you to command your minions specifically or terrify men into submission. This lets you speak and understand any civilized language.

Actually, I don't want anything, I think I'll keep the souls for myself.

Enroute to forest

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2017, 02:45:11 pm »

commanding speech seems nice, but we don't need to speak to command our minions. Insight into the enemy on the other hand is important, and makes this worthwhile.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2017, 03:12:07 pm »

I say take the deal for our current souls. Thingy claims to want revenge, I can relate. But pay REALLY close attention to the upgrade. There are probably hidden strings attached that need pulling out and we may be able to do this ourselves if we can figure out how it is done.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5