Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: "Simple" Dwarven Fort, It's cold here (succession fort) Grab the save!  (Read 31652 times)

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Simple" Dwarven Fort, Werebears are !!fun!! (4 player Succession)
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2017, 06:48:59 pm »

we demand forgotten beast blood.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 31, 2017, 09:09:14 am »

So, bluepheonix, have you finished your turn?

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 31, 2017, 10:27:14 am »

BuMp for more of this
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2017, 06:17:41 am »

we demand forgotten beast blood.
Sorry I can not satiate your thirst for blood, someone else will have to.

So, bluepheonix, have you finished your turn?

I have, I was only able to play till summer sadly as I was drowning in work these last few days.
I will upload it very soon, post a link and I'll write down everything I have done.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 01, 2017, 07:34:33 am »

Good job, qho's taking the next turn, because i'm up for it.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 01, 2017, 07:39:22 pm »

I've got some problems with my internet at the moment, my house mates used all the internet data and I've reached the data cap.
I will not be able to upload the file just yet. I'll try to top up the data which might take a day so I'll keep you posted.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 03, 2017, 05:10:47 pm »

For some reason the internet is still unbearably slow. If it is still like this 24 hours from now I'll go to a friends house and upload the file there.
Thanks for your patience guys.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 03, 2017, 07:57:27 pm »

For some reason the internet is still unbearably slow. If it is still like this 24 hours from now I'll go to a friends house and upload the file there.
Thanks for your patience guys.
If you can't get it online after that, try messaging me and we'll see how to handle this. MEGA is always an alternative

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 04, 2017, 07:46:54 pm »

Uploaded the new save  :D

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12948

The things I have done in my time as the overseer.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So there you go :) I don't use DFhack or therapist so you might have to change some things on the new migrants to "mook" or whatever else therapist calls them haha.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 08:33:03 pm by bluephoenix »

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 05, 2017, 11:19:44 am »

The craftshop in the library was used to make all the quires.  there has to be one on L-10 with all the other workshops.  well i'm assuming thats where you put the new one so no problem.

having up/down stairwells horizontally adjacent to other up/down stairwells is known to cause pathing hiccups (lag is bad).

The DerpyTech Bedroom System is an amazing feat of dwarven science.  It has all of the advantages of a real dorm, with none of the downsides.  DerpyTech Bedroom System: A Better Life, Underground!  That being said, i guess its about time to care about the dwarves owning masterwork engravings, and for that they need walls in their bedrooms.

How did you place the hatch on the main stairwell when there's a retracting bridge on that space?  did the bridge get broken?  That's actually very very bad. 

who turn?  what's the turn order anywayway?  what year is it?  are you my mommy?

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 05, 2017, 12:24:04 pm »

If it's OK with everyone, I'd like to take the next turn, then it can be someone else's.
I'd actually like to play a full year this time without any warebears

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 05, 2017, 07:11:59 pm »

If it's OK with everyone, I'd like to take the next turn, then it can be someone else's.
I'd actually like to play a full year this time without any warebears
Sure
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 05, 2017, 07:54:37 pm »

How did you place the hatch on the main stairwell when there's a retracting bridge on that space?  did the bridge get broken?  That's actually very very bad. 
I placed it one z level under the bridge, the same level the lever and refuse stockpile are on.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 06, 2017, 06:02:16 am »

Save has been claimed, I'll try to finish it quickly

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 06, 2017, 07:18:46 pm »

Breezing through 2 seasons, like a rebel:

2nd of limestone: There is a lot of doggo's. Like, a hundred of them. Let us feast on puppy meat tonight.
6th of limestone: Killed the last forgotten beast for the lulz. It went a bit like this:
16th of Limestone: Our... Goblin(?) ambassador for the Dwarven traders has arrived.....
I don't know how to feel about this...
22nd of Limestone: I've started work on the unfinished road that BluePheonix started (The watchtower is awesome btw) and bought some parchments for zazq to write some stuff on.
5th of Sandstone: This was just made by Miner Bebop:
16th of Sandstone: MIGRANTS!!! we got:
1 x Surgeon
1 x Shearer
1 x Trader
1 x Weaponsmith
1 x Ranger
1 x Gem cutter
1 x Strand Extractor
only 7 Dwarfs. Better then nothing I guess, total number is now 80
22nd of Sandstone: we're digging to the third cavern layer, because i'm making it my sort-of goal to tame some cool underground monsters and make a breeding colony of them. I'm planning on Jabberers but if I happen to make a cave dragon farm...
5th of Timber: Our new Ranger, Dobar, just murdered a rabbit via shooting it's left paw off. In other news, nothing's happening.
26th of timber: Dobar, has now wiped out a herd of horses. We now have plenty of meat as a result.
6th of moonstone:
Those R's are a herd of rutherers that have been trapped in that tree for years. Today, we kill them/capture them.
21st of Moonstone: I may have given our epic squad some cool nicknames. I was bored.
23rd of Moonstone: I guess my goal was finished as I now have all 6 Rutherers from the Rutherer Tree. Our Tree's bare strange fruit.
27th of Moonstone: A jabberer arrived and cut Farmer John to pieces. Thankfully our new squad got there in time to save him but a Jabberer was killed saving him  :'(
1st of Opal: A metalsmith made an artefact iron pick but it's so uninteresting it isn't worth screenshotting
6th of Opal: Just realised Farmer John is a woman. Make of that what you will. In other news the rutherers are all trained and hopefully they will be making babies for us to turn fully tame.
2nd of Obsidian: Does having Forgotten Beast Soap constitute as having won the game? Because we have 4 of them.
15th of Obsidian: Dobar murdered a wild Rutherer. On one hand it was an amazing kill, on the other, a rutherer is dead. RIP

I'll finish the last 2 seasons tomorrow, who's playing after me?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19