Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Roll To Heresy: A Minimalist RTD About Cults [DEFUNCT]  (Read 15973 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Heresy: A Minimalist RTD About Cults [6/6] Turn 10
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2017, 12:05:43 am »

Make him drop me with sound wave, then kill him and sterilize my would with alcohol.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2017, 07:46:18 am »

Stick my Sword into its back where its Spine probably meets its arms, Drag it down its body.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2017, 11:46:39 am »

(( Sorry for late reply, my main computer had motherboard issues. ))

If it looks like John has the homonculus handled, Valith quickly examines the bodies of the dead or dying alchemists and takes their guns, in addition to any important-looking documents and the like they may be carrying. There won't be time to fully get the bodies out before the fire consumes the building, most likely; too bad. Sierris won't be pleased if Valith doesn't make something good out of this mess. So if there's time, he makes a point to cut out the heretical eyes of the poor bastards, pocketing them with one of his cloths.

If the homonculus is still a threat, then Valith instead reiterates his prayer to Sierris for mutating his hands into deadly claws, then approaches the abomination with a purpose. Then he proceeds to carve out its eyes and rip them from its skull. That is, if it has eyes. If not, ears will do fine. I just want some part of its face as a keeper, damn it. Let it be known that no hermetical construct is safe from inclusion in Sierris' beautiful tapestries.

Assuming I don't get the claws, then I take the gloves off one of the dead or dying alchemists (they have to have some kind of protective gear when working with acids THIS deadly, right??) and put them on, drawing my knife at the same time. Then do the same thing as above.

Rip and tear. Until it is done.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Heresy: A Minimalist RTD About Cults [6/6] Turn 11
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2017, 12:39:04 am »

... what now?

Assist Mortecia, Akashir willing.
Quote from: Mortecia
Remain inside the warehouse until further notice.

Mortecia dozes off slumped against the wall.
There isn't much to assist Mortecia with, so Erescal spends this time meditating in a trance on his Lord, Akashir.

Make him drop me with sound wave, then kill him and sterilize my would with alcohol.

Siri wriggles desperately in her mystical fetters, managing to free an arm for spellcasting. Stretching out her palm to the elderly store owner, she overcasts Soundwave. The old man takes notice of an approaching soundwave and barely manages to cover one of his ears. His torso ends up taking the brunt of the wave and he feels his heart beat irregularly in response to the intense vibrations. "S-Shit! My... heart.." Clutching his chest, the store owner collapses to the floor and breaks a few teeth on impact.

The golden rings dissipate in the same arcane glow that they appeared in. Siri is free of her bindings- moreover, the liquor store owner has been incapacitated.
Siri knows that she must make sure of his pacification, so she does it like a true Dunewalker- walking around the counter and viciously stomping the bony old man's skull into a fleshy pulp. Finally, she takes a decently priced bottle of gin off a shelf and pours it over her hip wound. The liquor really burns, so she figures it must have worked.

Stick my Sword into its back where its Spine probably meets its arms, Drag it down its body.

With the homonculus now in a relatively helpless position, John thrusts his chainblade at a higher point of the beast's spinal column.
Something unexpected happens, though- John leaves a small opening for the beast to retaliate. The homonculus pounds a quick right hook into the ground, rolling itself over with the massive wave of force. John wobbles a bit in response to the shockwave before the beast expels a glob of acidic spit from its damaged face. John, being stunned as he is, doesn't have even the slightest chance of dodging it, so the vitriolic blob splats right on his face and starts dissolving his rugged visage.

John has sustained major injuries.
(( Sorry for late reply, my main computer had motherboard issues. ))

If it looks like John has the homonculus handled, Valith quickly examines the bodies of the dead or dying alchemists and takes their guns, in addition to any important-looking documents and the like they may be carrying. There won't be time to fully get the bodies out before the fire consumes the building, most likely; too bad. Sierris won't be pleased if Valith doesn't make something good out of this mess. So if there's time, he makes a point to cut out the heretical eyes of the poor bastards, pocketing them with one of his cloths.

If the homonculus is still a threat, then Valith instead reiterates his prayer to Sierris for mutating his hands into deadly claws, then approaches the abomination with a purpose. Then he proceeds to carve out its eyes and rip them from its skull. That is, if it has eyes. If not, ears will do fine. I just want some part of its face as a keeper, damn it. Let it be known that no hermetical construct is safe from inclusion in Sierris' beautiful tapestries.

Assuming I don't get the claws, then I take the gloves off one of the dead or dying alchemists (they have to have some kind of protective gear when working with acids THIS deadly, right??) and put them on, drawing my knife at the same time. Then do the same thing as above.

Rip and tear. Until it is done.

Valith knows that with John taking the wounds he is, finishing the fight will likely be his job. Uttering a desperate prayer to Sierris for a new Gift of Flesh, he hears a disembodied and matronly voice respond. "As you wish, childe." A sudden and rather pleasant tingling sensation appears in his hands as he notices each of his fingers twisting into an individual talon.

After silently thanking the Mother of All, Valith launches himself forward and onto the collapsed beast. The moment his knees land on it's chest he swipes several times for the beast's eyes, viciously dicing up its face and pulling its eyes out of socket. Quickly severing the optic nerves with his free claw, he then scoops them up in the other before rolling off and screaming in sadistic ecstasy. The beast screams likewise, but not the satisfied sort of scream- the horrified kind that having your eyes plucked out by a psychotic cultist of a raptor-man elicits.

Although it is clearly well alive, being completely drained of its ichor has clearly knocked the homonculus into a mostly inert state.

Sierris is considerably proud.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2017, 08:12:07 am »

Hm. You are unworthy of Akashir's blessing.

Leave. Find a location that is deserted, hard to find, and sufficiently spacious in the hopes of setting up both a base of operations and a shrine in the name of decay.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2017, 08:14:20 am »

Efff... Remove the Head then Stumble off.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2017, 11:01:11 am »

Valith pockets the beast's eyes. (( I thought of having him stick them in his mouth like a squirrel collecting nuts, but the acid would probably eat through my jaw. ))

Then, help John get moving if he needs it, and let's get the hell out of this tavern. We've wasted enough time already. Akashir's flames will claim us both if we don't hurry!

Let's disappear into the back alleyways as quickly as possible; we probably won't have time to use that truck out back, and definitely no time to haul the bodies to it. Plus, a chainsaw-handed man and a dude with claws for fingers driving away from a burning building would attract far too much attention. Let's find a place where we can safely catch our breath, and then head back to the Grandfather for mission debriefing.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2017, 11:05:51 pm »

Siri takes a swig of the gin, then uses thr bottle to make sure the owner is dead after dragging him to a hiding spot in the back of the store. After thst, she takes the money from the cash register, along with a few bottles of high quality liquer before heading out of the store.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Heresy: A Minimalist RTD About Cults [6/6] Turn 12
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2017, 10:11:48 pm »

Hm. You are unworthy of Akashir's blessing.

Leave. Find a location that is deserted, hard to find, and sufficiently spacious in the hopes of setting up both a base of operations and a shrine in the name of decay.

Erescal has had it. Morticia clearly has no ambition and no desire to destroy. He wonders how she was even initiated, much less as a Dunewalker.
After roughly 15 minutes of searching, Erescal has gotten lost within the labyrinthine back alleys of Akkerad. He does, however, notice an odd gurgling sound coming from behind a garbage container. A viscous green blob of some strange and foul-smelling liquid slides out of the trash, bubbling all the while sliding towards him. This creature is a Waste-Thing, a byproduct of improperly disposed alchemical reagents. Although it moves very slowly and only comes up to his knees, it would be dangerous to allow it to close the gap between them.  Since this beast is considered a blight upon the gods, killing it should yield a decent amount of favor.

Efff... Remove the Head then Stumble off.

John knows that this fight has gone on far too long, and the structure of the Den won't hold out for much longer. He tries his best to slash the beast's head off, but the pain from the horrible solvent dissolving his face is too much and his eyesight has been negatively impacted. As a matter of fact, it has been impacted enough for him to slip and fall to his knees as he struggles to focus his eyes. There isn't much of a need to kill it anyway- the collapsing building should do that just fine.

Valith pockets the beast's eyes. (( I thought of having him stick them in his mouth like a squirrel collecting nuts, but the acid would probably eat through my jaw. ))

Then, help John get moving if he needs it, and let's get the hell out of this tavern. We've wasted enough time already. Akashir's flames will claim us both if we don't hurry!

Let's disappear into the back alleyways as quickly as possible; we probably won't have time to use that truck out back, and definitely no time to haul the bodies to it. Plus, a chainsaw-handed man and a dude with claws for fingers driving away from a burning building would attract far too much attention. Let's find a place where we can safely catch our breath, and then head back to the Grandfather for mission debriefing.

After pocketing his trophies, Valith grabs the fallen John and lifts him off the ground. He helps him to walk rather fast out of the failing structure just as the main supports fall and the roof collapses. Fleeing as fast as they are capable, Valith finds a rather dilapidated fuel station for vehicles with Alchemyst engines. It looks like it hasn't been used in years, so the two enter and hide behind an empty shelf where convenience goods of some kind once were found. All in all, this could have ended much worse.

Siri takes a swig of the gin, then uses thr bottle to make sure the owner is dead after dragging him to a hiding spot in the back of the store. After thst, she takes the money from the cash register, along with a few bottles of high quality liquer before heading out of the store.

After quaffing some of the gin, Siri drags the owner to the rearmost part of the store before slamming the bottle over his head. The bottle shatters and a distinct cracking sound can be heard. He's definitely dead now, or at the least comatose. She then pillages the register, finding five ten-knidler bills. The last thing she pilfers before heading out is four bottles of a rather fine whiskey branded as "Kniden Top-Shelf Whiskey". She steps out to find that the sky is beginning to show a slight brightness- it must be close to dawn. In the distance, Siri can hear the klaxons of Peacemaker automobiles. Response time is rather delayed for a low-priority area like the slums.

Mission 1 Complete. Return to the Grandfather at the Conclave to turn-in.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2017, 07:46:34 am »

Re... turn to the... grand father...
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2017, 08:54:49 am »

What a foul creature.

Keep my distance and dispose of the beast, preferably dissolving it into nothingness.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2017, 09:16:38 am »

Return to the grandfather while avoiding thr authorities

Glory to United Forenia!

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2017, 08:14:47 pm »

Valith clucks his tongue thoughtfully. Well. Their job's done, the lab's burned down and the cultists are dead. He got brand new claws out of it -- thank you O Unholy Mother, Sierris -- and he did get a new face-skin and eyes out of the deal. Would have been great to get the bodies, too, but there is still Cassius' corpse back at the abandoned tavern to work on. With a satisfied grunt, the disciple of Sierris decides that yeah, it all went fairly well in the end.

Weapon check. How many bullets do I have left in both of my guns? Make sure the guns are kept as concealed as possible in my robe, but still accessible in a pinch.

Quick perimeter sweep. Find out where we are and make sure the area's safe for John and Valith to hike it back to the Grandfather. Then, let's do just that. Hup-to, legs, you gotta earn your velociraptor muscle upgrades!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Valith clucks his tongue thoughtfully. Well. Their job's done, the lab's burned down and the cultists are dead. He got brand new claws out of it -- thank you O Unholy Mother, Sierris -- and he did get a new face-skin and eyes out of the deal. Would have been great to get the bodies, too, but there is still Cassius' corpse back at the abandoned tavern to work on. With a satisfied grunt, the disciple of Sierris decides that yeah, it all went fairly well in the end.

Weapon check. How many bullets do I have left in both of my guns? Make sure the guns are kept as concealed as possible in my robe, but still accessible in a pinch.

Quick perimeter sweep. Find out where we are and make sure the area's safe for John and Valith to hike it back to the Grandfather. Then, let's do just that. Hup-to, legs, you gotta earn your velociraptor muscle upgrades!
Re... turn to the... grand father...

Valith clucks his tongue thoughtfully, then quickly opens the 8-shot cylinders of both of his guns to check how much ammo he has left. Both of the revolvers have 5 shots left in them each. He then tucks them both back into his cultist vestments before peeking out from behind the shelf and scanning the area around them over. There's nothing much left in here, and the empty windows are boarded up in a futile effort to keep scroungers and squatters out. The sun is starting to rise outside, tinting the sky a rather tranquil shade of dark blue. He and John then leave the station seeing as there are no dangers within sight, and begin to leg it back to the Conclave together. After a considerable amount of time, the two of them can see the (thought to be) abandoned building that serves as the Cult's meeting place. With no bystanders in sight, Valith rhythmically knocks upon the door and soon hears the latch unlock and the Grandfather's smiling face greets them when the door is open. "Come inside, Acolytes. Tell me of your success."

Back at the round-table, John and Valith sit down and are told to wait for the others to return first by the Grandfather. Abiding by his instruction, they sit and wait quietly. "I can't help but notice your wounds, John. What blighted monster did this to you?" He asks rhetorically, while bowing his head slightly. The Grandfather lays his hands upon John's head while uttering a prayer to the Old Gods. A sharp tingling sensation akin to electricity being discharged runs through his body somewhat painfully before his burns rapidly close and scab over, leaving him to feel drained. "It's not within my power to undo the damage to your sight, but the rest of your wounds will finish healing in a day or so." The Grandfather then quietly leaves the room to wait at the entrance for the others.

What a foul creature.

Keep my distance and dispose of the beast, preferably dissolving it into nothingness.

"What a foul creature." Erescal hisses at the sight of the waste-thing. Invoking the powers given to him by Akashir, his hands glow an intense and bright purple before he releases a burst of destructive energy at the abomination before him. Impressively enough, he channeled enough energy to create what can only be described as a micro-blackhole for a millisecond at most. That's plenty of time for the waste-thing to be swallowed by the void he created, though, as well as a sizable chunk of cobblestone. Nothing of the creature or the ground just beneath it remains. Akashir is very impressed.

Return to the grandfather while avoiding the authorities
Quote from: Morticia (Automatic)
Return to the Conclave.
Quote from: Azur (Idle)
Return to the Conclave.

After the sirens finish passing by and are fading off into the distance, Siri slowly exits the liquor store. She then makes her way toward the Conclave. About a half an hour later, she arrives and follows the standard procedure of scanning for witnesses and then knocking rhythmically on the door. "Welcome home." The Grandfather says, walking her to the round-table and telling her to wait for the others. 
Morticia and Azur arrive soon after, doing the same as the others and seating herself at the table.

With everyone gathered at the round-table, the Grandfather brings out another silver platter with 6 goblets on it, each filled with the same substance as before- Lifeblood. "With our collective success, the Arbiters should lose faith in the Alchemyst subordinates. If the Gods will it, their numbers should dwindle." The Grandfather raises his goblet. "With this in mind, may we celebrate by partaking in the Lifeblood gifted to us by the Old Ones themselves, and accept the Gifts they have in store." The Grandfather then takes a deep sip from his cup. The others should, as well, and wait for the results.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Grandfather. How foolish of me to forget.

Return to the Grandfather.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8