Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Roll To Heresy: A Minimalist RTD About Cults [DEFUNCT]  (Read 15996 times)

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Heresy: A Minimalist RTD About Cults [6/6] Turn 8
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2017, 01:15:06 am »

I Run in and Start Tearing apart the place looking for the Alchemists,  If I fail to Find 'em I grab my companion, Toss him out, Light my Firebomb, and Toss it in, Who knows How Explosive that stuff Could be?

John runs into the deeper storage, rummaging through various containers and checking behind various obstructions for the fleeing alchemists. Eventually John finds both of them standing over some sort of hastily-drawn sigil. A handful of yellow dust, a bowl of silver fluid and roughly a pound of viscera are arranged within the circle. One of the alchemists mutters a few words and sets the circle alight- the resulting reaction creates a blast of concussive force and a burst of light that dazes everyone in the storage room. When the smoke settles, a muscular humanoid about 7 feet tall with reddish skin stands where the circle once was. The two alchemists pull their hands off their ears and draw their firearms and dash behind some crates for cover.

This bizarre life-form dashes right for John, swinging a hammer-like haymaker aimed right for his face. In spite of the freight-train worth of force behind the blow, John catches it one-handedly. Ckaeyod must be lending him temporary strength. The Steelborn retaliates with a slice of his chainblade, but the homunculus catches the blade. The chains rev excitedly at contact with skin and chew open its palm. Nonetheless, the damage is entirely superficial.

Murder the drunks. There can be no witnesses. If the tavern happens to burn down, get out. Also, ask Akashir if he can give me the power to inflict severe necrosis on living creatures.

Erescal quickly slits the throats of every last drunk at the bar- 4 kills in Akashir's name. The fire he spread burnt for 3 turns before being extinguished by a third party. Nonetheless, it was still a glory to Akashir. The murders of the drunks bring him up to a rather favored status- his request for a Necrotic Touch magick is granted without hesitation. Erescal's palms glow a sickly green for a moment before reverting to normal.

"Oh I'm gonna get some good shit for this!"

Set the alcohol alight.

Mortecia lights the two matches before flicking them into the pools of alcohol. The entire tavern storage is up in flames!
Mortecia flees out the front door, knowing the fire will spread very quickly.

Erescal smells the fire and vacates the building shortly after Mortecia.

"Akashir has come for you!"

Feint to the right, then attack his left side. Use my powers if I can.

Siri makes a somewhat clumsy feint to the right after yelling her battlecry. The wizened man falls for it, though, and actually drops his gun when attempting to dodge to the left.
He actually ends up aligning himself just right- Siri's dagger lodges in his guts and he gasps in pained shock. As a coup-de-grace, Siri places her free hand on his throat and uses Siphon Moisture. His skin shrivels tighter and peels off in many places while Siri feels the revitalizing tickle of drained hydration flood through her body. The defeated old man falls to the ground, mouth agape in horror. While his gushing wound darkens his already crimson robe, he reaches for his pistol and fires a last hurrah right for Siri. The shot almost misses but still ends up grazing her hip. Finally succumbing to shock, the aristocrat drops his sidearm with a clatter.

Yeeeaaah, Azur keeps a safe distance between himself and anything that seems liable to catch fire. If it's safe to go in after the firebombing, take a look around and ensure that there aren't any survivors.

Azur hears (and sees, to a degree) the commotion inside the lab's storage. Firebombing did not occur, so it is by his definition 'safe' to enter.
Azur tries to dive behind a barrel containing some form of white powder when he notices one of the alchemists taking aim at him, but slips on a little puddle of luminescent green liquid and falls right on his ass. The alchemist who fired the shot in question suffers a major weapon malfunction- his revolving pistol detonates and takes off his left hand while also setting a crate full of some flammable colloid nearby off and coating him in the fiery gel. One alchemist down.

Welp... too late to do anything to clean up this scene for any onlookers outside, on account of the huge, gaping hole in the wall. Shaking his head, Valith proceeds through said hole after his companions, gun drawn and ready. I judiciously fire a shot point-blank into the chest of any dead hermetics I find -- bullets in their bodies could give the impression that there was some internal strife and someone got trigger-happy, after all. Also see if I can loot any more of these weapons off the corpses.

Aside from that, Valith moves to cover his allies and help them root out the remaining hermetics, and also keeps a lookout for a back door which may lead to the outside. They may try to escape through there, and we CANNOT have that, no sir.

Valith the Handsome sprints into the passage and emerges in the lab's primary chamber. While he does come across the rather gory remains of a bisected Hermetic, there isn't much of a chest cavity left to plant a bullet into. The particular alchemist was equipped with a near identical model of pistol that Valith already possesses. He must have been too frightened by the Steelborn's berserk rush to think of drawing it. Valith liberates the corpse of its firearm and now wields akimbo revolvers.

Valith then remembers what he came here for- the Hermetics. Dashing into the storage after Azur and John, he finds himself sharing the room with an armed alchemist taking cover behind a huge wooden crate and some sort of artificial life-form created by the alchemists that is locked in combat with John.
While the remaining alchemist cowers behind his crate, Valith decides to assist John by taking a shot or two at the homunculus. His first shot misses wildly, but the second connects with the beast's head and blows its jaw clean off. Yellow ichor drips from the wound onto the floor below, bubbling like boiling water and rotting the wooden boards.

The homonculus' throat momentarily contracts as if it is trying to spit something up, but nothing ever exits its newly carved facial orifice.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2017, 09:01:30 am »

Assist the other apostles in their endeavors, whatever said endeavors may be.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2017, 11:12:46 am »

Must... USE... ADDITIONAL FORCE!!!
SWING HARDER, STAB FASTER, I WON'T BE BEATEN BY THIS MINDLESS MOUND OF FLESH.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2017, 12:25:31 pm »

Valith takes cover as best he can against the other alchemists, then shouts at John to let him get a clear shot. I blast the homunculus with both guns gangsta-style. Die, abomination of alchemy!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2017, 06:34:09 pm »

Stand by the entrance of the bar and see who makes it out.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2017, 12:07:33 pm »

"GAH! Son of a bitch!"
Siri curses the old man out of anger and pain. She quickly takes a look around for something she could use as a makeshift bandage(or general loot), then quickly exits the building.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Heresy: A Minimalist RTD About Cults [6/6] Turn 9
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2017, 05:30:10 pm »

Assist the other apostles in their endeavors, whatever said endeavors may be.
Stand by the entrance of the bar and see who makes it out.

Erescal and Mortecia await near the entrance, watching for any survivors that may emerge from the door. Something tells them that this is not the only entrance to the bar, nor is it the only path to the Alchemist Den.
In addition, Mortecia feels Akashir's presence for a moment. She feels knowledge of a new minor magick implanted into her mind.
Mortecia gained knowledge of "Fire Darts" magick.

Must... USE... ADDITIONAL FORCE!!!
SWING HARDER, STAB FASTER, I WON'T BE BEATEN BY THIS MINDLESS MOUND OF FLESH.
Valith takes cover as best he can against the other alchemists, then shouts at John to let him get a clear shot. I blast the homunculus with both guns gangsta-style. Die, abomination of alchemy!
Quote from: Whisperling
Take care of the remaining alchemist.

Gritting his teeth in determination, John puts even more force into his blade. While the chainblade rips further into the homonculus' hand, John loses his footing on a sickly yellow pool of ichor forming beneath his feet. The homonculus stumbles backward after the sudden release of pressure, landing on a few nearby crates and crushing them under its weight. John notices that his left arm is being slowly dissolved while it stays in contact with the pool of yellow ichor, and his robes are in the same predicament.

At the exact moment John falls out of the line of fire, Valith fires two shots at once at the falling homonculus. One misses, but the second shot connects and grazes some sort of artery on the beast's left leg. The same acidic ichor spouts from the wound, which further damages the wooden floorboards.

Azur rushes as cautiously as possible in the direction of the remaining alchemist. Despite his caution and sticking behind cover, the alchemist gets a lucky shot at his right forearm and blows a hole clean through it. Azur drops to the ground out of shock, shielding himself from further fire with a stack of crates. This wound is bleeding quickly, and needs to be dressed as soon as possible.

"GAH! Son of a bitch!"
Siri curses the old man out of anger and pain. She quickly takes a look around for something she could use as a makeshift bandage(or general loot), then quickly exits the building.

Siri rips off a piece of the old man's robes and ties it around the wound on her hip- it should stop the bleeding relatively soon. That pistol of his would make for a nice weapon, so she pockets it. Further searches reveal a small bag of gold coins stashed behind a bookcase in the den. Finally, Siri darts from the building back into the chilly autumn night. Akashir is pleased with her generally chaotic actions. Siri learns a new minor magick: "Sound Wave"

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2017, 07:29:22 pm »

Blood made of some kind of acid that dissolves organic matter... interesting. It would be very useful for Valith's art if it could be properly studied. But first, we've got a job to do.

Acid. Acid. Bases neutralize acid. Too bad there's not a...

Wait a second.

Valith fires one more shot at the homonculus, then scans the room for a fire extinguisher. If they've got the tech for guns and vehicles, they might just have one of these to help in case of a probable laboratory accident, right? And they're in the middle of a tavern. Fire would be a big risk. The key ingredient in fire extinguishers is sodium bicarbonate -- baking soda. A base that reacts violently with acid. Let's make him blow up like a big, uncontained vinegar volcano!

If he finds one, he chucks it at the abomination, then fires a shot to pierce the pressurized canister right next to him, spraying him (and the room) with anti-acid powder.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 10:41:45 pm by Xvareon »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2017, 11:26:27 pm »

Siri goes to the nearest liquor store and kills everyone inside. Then she takes some alcohol to sterilize her hip wound
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2017, 11:36:16 pm »

Erescal adjusts his mask and says nothing to the other acolyte. He talks little to anyone but himself - and it is for the best. The other acolytes aren't to be trusted, especially those who work with Ckaeyod and Sierris. Erescal does the work of Akashir alone.

Follow Mortecia. Kill aggressors.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2017, 12:56:27 am »

I Yell...
"Ah fuck it... EVERYONE OUT, I'M GONNA MAKE THIS PLACE GO UP IN FLAMES BECAUSE BIGBOY DECIDED TO MELT MY ROBES."
Then I Quite Simply light my 'Toth and Toss it on the ground while I continue to battle the Giant... Perhaps if I Removed its Legs... anyway I WILL not give in to Anything, Not pain, Not weakness, Not Fire, Perhaps anger, but his Liquid may be damaging my Weapon - and thats unforgivable.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2017, 05:56:46 pm »

"Welp, thing it times to find a place to settle down for a while."

Move a couple blocks away and look for a abandoned warehouse or house to squat in.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 11:07:43 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2017, 11:01:52 pm »

Tear a strip of cloth off of my shirt and use it to wrap the wound. Then, wait for a moment in which the alchemist is distracted so that I can rush at him and shoot him full of neurotoxin. If I'm successful in that, it's probably time to get out.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Heresy: A Minimalist RTD About Cults [6/6] Turn 10
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2017, 06:27:07 pm »

Blood made of some kind of acid that dissolves organic matter... interesting. It would be very useful for Valith's art if it could be properly studied. But first, we've got a job to do.

Acid. Acid. Bases neutralize acid. Too bad there's not a...

Wait a second.

Valith fires one more shot at the homonculus, then scans the room for a fire extinguisher. If they've got the tech for guns and vehicles, they might just have one of these to help in case of a probable laboratory accident, right? And they're in the middle of a tavern. Fire would be a big risk. The key ingredient in fire extinguishers is sodium bicarbonate -- baking soda. A base that reacts violently with acid. Let's make him blow up like a big, uncontained vinegar volcano!

If he finds one, he chucks it at the abomination, then fires a shot to pierce the pressurized canister right next to him, spraying him (and the room) with anti-acid powder.

((NOTE:This post in particular brings up the question of "How is this universe's technology anyway?" to which I must direct you to the following page.))

Valith fires yet another snap-shot at the homonculus. This time, it hits the beast in the left eye, blowing part of its skull away and provoking a blood-curdling scream of rage. Despite the copious amounts of yellow acidic blood and exposed brain matter, it still manages to straighten itself after a moment of delay. Valith quickly scans the room for some form of extinguisher. He discovers a glass container of a neon green fluid with a label on the front that says "FIRE-KILLER SERUM. USE FOR CHEMICAL FIRES CAUSED BY UNSTABLE REAGENTS AND OTHER FLAMMABLE SUBSTANCES." in bold print.

After tossing the bottle, he attempts to shoot it open at the peak of its arc toward the homonculus, but misses completely. The bottle instead smacks the beast straight in the face and blows apart. The green sludge coats its face and bubbles slightly in a mild chemical reaction. The yellow fluid dripping off its face continues to eat through the floorboards, so obviously the fluid inside was not a base. It has, however, pissed off the homonculus. The reddish behemoth barrels straight for Valith! Valith manages to throw himself out of the way at the last moment, but the homonculus stops himself short of hitting the wall despite the massive inertia its muscular body has generated.

Siri goes to the nearest liquor store and kills everyone inside. Then she takes some alcohol to sterilize her hip wound

Meanwhile, in Murderville...

Across the town, Siri realizes the dilemma an open hip wound could present. She also realizes that doctors are expensive and would bring about questions. Moreover, they may even be in league with the Hermetics! Figuring it's best to stick to the old-fashioned way, Siri searches for the nearest liquor store (not hard to find in such a run-down part of town) and enters immediately. Yelling an invocation to Akashir, she casts Wither on the seedy looking old man behind the checkout desk. For some reason, she finds that her spell has fizzled, and the old man has produced a small tome from his jacket! Just her luck, he's a mage of some kind! "Yeh don't run a shoppe en such a shethole wiffout learnin' a fooh tricks ta defend yir self. Magick er guns, swords er bows, it dunt matter ta me."

He makes a quick circling gesture before closing his fist as a ring of yellow light coils around Siri's shoulders and torso, binding her limbs to her side and making it hard to breathe. "Ye jist set ther fir a moment 'n' I mite nat kill ye."

Erescal adjusts his mask and says nothing to the other acolyte. He talks little to anyone but himself - and it is for the best. The other acolytes aren't to be trusted, especially those who work with Ckaeyod and Sierris. Erescal does the work of Akashir alone.

Follow Mortecia. Kill aggressors.
"Welp, thing it times to find a place to settle down for a while."

Move a couple blocks away and look for a abandoned warehouse or house to squat in.

Mortecia and Erescal set out for some place to squat in while waiting for the chaos to blow over. They both come across an abandoned corner store and climb in through a broken window in the front. Cobwebs line the room's corners and coat various cabinets behind the front counter. There appears to be a door leading to the back room, which they both take as it would be easier to hide back there. It is not a very large back room, but it is discreet and has only one opening- that being the door they entered in. Sitting down in the corner, they both stop to think about the events of tonight thus far.

Should be pretty safe here.

I Yell...
"Ah fuck it... EVERYONE OUT, I'M GONNA MAKE THIS PLACE GO UP IN FLAMES BECAUSE BIGBOY DECIDED TO MELT MY ROBES."
Then I Quite Simply light my 'Toth and Toss it on the ground while I continue to battle the Giant... Perhaps if I Removed its Legs... anyway I WILL not give in to Anything, Not pain, Not weakness, Not Fire, Perhaps anger, but his Liquid may be damaging my Weapon - and thats unforgivable.

Lighting his molotov and throwing it right on the hardwood floor nearby, John pulls himself up and brandishes his chainblade. The gigantic homonculus takes a vicious cut right to the spine, the chains excitedly whipping themselves into its flesh and eliciting another blood-freezing scream. The beast falls onto its stomach, unable to move from the waist down due to its severed spinal column. While John hasn't removed its legs, he may as well have.

Tear a strip of cloth off of my shirt and use it to wrap the wound. Then, wait for a moment in which the alchemist is distracted so that I can rush at him and shoot him full of neurotoxin. If I'm successful in that, it's probably time to get out.

Azur takes it upon himself to clean up the last of the alchemists. After he wraps his wound with a scrap of cloth, he rushes the alchemist with the intent of pumping his body full of deadly neurotoxin. The alchemist attempts to shoot him, but is too fearful to keep his aim steady and misses Azur by a mile. Azur, however, does a much better job of attacking and thrusts his left stinger viciously towards the alchemist's throat. The alchemist manages to shield himself from a stinger to the throat by raising his right arm, but is still pumped full of neurotoxin. It must have hit the artery, too, because he's already seeing double and having trouble keeping his eyes open. As his extremities go numb, the alchemist drops his emptied pistol and passes out in convulsions.

Azur makes it a priority to book it out of here. As he exits out of the lab storage and sprints down the passageway back to the bar, he can smell burning wood. The bar's store room is completely in flames. There is, however, an alternate door into the alleyway, which he makes use of so as to not expose himself to the flames for too long. Running as fast as he can and not looking back, Azur can tell by the heat that the entire place is in flames. His feet make thumping noises on the cobblestones while he escapes- seems like he's made it out alive. 

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Heresy: A Minimalist RTD About Cults [6/6] Turn 10
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2017, 10:11:49 pm »

... what now?

Assist Mortecia, Akashir willing.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8