Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll To Heresy: A Minimalist RTD About Cults [DEFUNCT]  (Read 16019 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Heresy: A Minimalist RTD About Cults [6/6] Turn 5
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2017, 11:46:17 pm »

Azur keeps searching for that den. If he encounters anyone liable to give away his position, the standard procedure of poisoning them and then using bodily fluids to paint terrifying images on the hilt of his dagger applies. Really a shame we aren't supposed to leave any identifying marks, or he'd begin work on a larger canvas.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Heresy: A Minimalist RTD About Cults [6/6] Turn 6
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2017, 01:22:01 am »

ew irl friends that's gross

Perfect.

Spread the fire. Flick around a few well-placed matches, watch the smoke rise.

Erescal looks around for a good point to start the fire at. Glancing over a few nearby buildings, he notices that most of them are at least three-fourths wood or other flammable material. With the Hermits at the top of the hierarchy, technology had been growing asymmetrically as of late. Buildings were still wood and sometimes stone blocks, but motorized transportation and other similar technology running on the principles of Hermetic science. Erescal soon has lit fires on three different wooden buildings in the local area. The fire is slowly climbing up the structures, still too small to be of great notice. He revels in the blossoming smoke coming forth from the burning oak planks... Akashir will become increasingly elated in a few turns time.

"Well, not that that's done, might as well check out the place the Elder talked about."

Head to the "The Lucky Bottle" and check to see if there are any other acolytes there.

Morticia heads to the same tavern the other Acolytes were advised to visit. Immediately entering upon arrival, she scans the inside for any other hooded figures.
Some signs of a struggle- Smallish blood spatters, shattered bottles of alcohol, et cetera decorate the bar itself and the area around it. Most of the crowd that was here before is gone now, all save for a few dozing drunks that would have normally been thrown out by now. Seeing as nobody is in the front of the tavern, Morticia decides to search elsewhere. She walks to the back of the bar through a door (which is, oddly enough, ajar) and arrives in a room full of barrels and crates. John Doe is standing over a man who appears to be the barkeep. The barkeep in question is thrashing rhythmically while bubbles of blood and drool seep from his frothing, damaged maw. Azur is also standing near the body of the barkeep with some sort of pinkish liquid dripping from the sleeves of his cult robe. I wonder what happened here...

Take both items, then high-tail it. Think about what I could do next would please Akashir.

Siri grabs the switchblade and copper piece before taking a moment to contemplate what she could do to please Akashir.
Well, there's always murder... arson... vandalism... anything destructive, really. Maybe burn down a couple buildings or two? Break into a house and mercilessly slaughter its inhabitants? Decisions, decisions.

Ok, someone else ended the idot, and Looking for a Secret door isn't working, So I'll MAKE a door.
Draw my chainblade, and since the alchemists are suppose to be in the back, Hack a hole through the wall.

John sighs, slightly annoyed by the barkeep's tenacity but relieved by the fact that he is down for good this time. He reaches into his large robe and pulls out a sword with a blade that is slightly longer than his arm. Somehow he keeps it concealed in there- probably something to do with Ckaeyod blessing his robes.
There are edged chains coiled around the blade itself horizontally and as he holds it they begin to wriggle and writhe before reaching full speed and running across the the blade while never leaving its surface. John swings it at a particularly suspicious looking wall. The sound of wood splitting can be heard as a (little more than) human-sized hole is carved into the wall. A dark passage can be seen inside. This has to be the entrance to the Alchemists' lab.

Valith takes the poor bastard into the shut-down inn, and makes sure no one is watching. Then, he utters a prayer to Sierris, grins madly, and slits the guy's throat with his dagger, making sure to muffle any scream. He then quickly takes one of his cloths, and soaks it in the blood; these make great memorial pieces, after all. Now, Valith rifles through his pockets, looking for anything useful, or something that would identify just who this guy was; it'll enhance the eulogy to be done after all this, you know. "A poor, sad spy, lost in a haze; Valith's cruel point ended his days."

After pocketing the bloody cloth, Valith gets to work. Knowing that he and his fellow apostles still have a job to do, he forgoes a full job -- at least for now. Instead, he settles for slicing the skin of his face off from neck to forehead. This will make a perfect centerpiece when affixed to a wooden mask or mannequin; hell, he might one day start his own shop that deals in deluxe skins! I can only imagine what he'll be able to do with this once he has the proper time.

Alright, better get moving. I wrap another of my cloths around his ruined face, then set him facing away from the door, lying on the floorboards. If I can find any alcohol nearby, I sprinkle some over the body, to give the impression to casual observers that he simply passed out. Hell, that could come in handy later, so if there is alcohol, let's take it and pocket it along with the face-skin!

Now let's get the hell outta here. Of course, that probably took my whole action, but meh.

Valith drags the unconscious Watcher into the worn-down inn, certain nobody else is seeing him. There in the dark lobby he mutters a prayer to Sierris before slitting the Watcher's throat. Soaking one of his cloths in the blood and grinning madly, he pockets the reddened silk and begins searching for anything useful on the spy's person.

In the pockets of his coat, Valith finds an envelope with a broken wax seal. It looks familiar, but he can't quite put a finger on who's seal it is. Pulling out the letter in question, he scans over it for information on who he was or who employed him. The letter is rather brief and concise.

In addition to this, he finds a pistol of sorts fully-loaded with 8 rounds and a spyglass. The spy (Apparently named Cassius) was well-prepared, but in the end his firearm did nothing to save him.
Valith stashes both the letter and the firearm within the inside of his pocketed cultist robe. The Adored Valith also cleanly slices off the face of Cassius, storing it away for future use in some grotesque beautiful display of art. He covers Cassius' face and sets him face-down so that he draws less attention before stepping back out into the cold night air, sighing with satisfaction.

Sierris eagerly awaits the creation of Valith's next piece.

Azur keeps searching for that den. If he encounters anyone liable to give away his position, the standard procedure of poisoning them and then using bodily fluids to paint terrifying images on the hilt of his dagger applies. Really a shame we aren't supposed to leave any identifying marks, or he'd begin work on a larger canvas.

Azur was prepared to do some searching, but his Steelborn friend appears to have found the entrance through less graceful means. It's to be expected from those like the brutish thugs of Ckaeyod to do such tactless things. Azur needs to decide if he is ready yet, or if he wants John to go in first.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2017, 05:06:44 pm »

I utter a Short prayer to Ckaeyod for Defense against any magic the alchemists may use and head in to hack them apart.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2017, 06:12:04 pm »

"Well, might as well kill two birds with one stone."

Check around for a pack of matches then start cracking open the barrels of alcohol.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2017, 12:05:42 am »

Hmm. A sanctioned spy... firearms, a definitively alchemical weapon variety... yep, by Sierris, the Grandfather was right. Looks like the guards can afford their own secret police, in a way.

Valith heads towards the tavern. Enough time has been spent here. Time to actually do our job. It's a shame there wasn't enough time to take Cassius' clothes, too; these robes could qualify as an "identifying mark" once the action begins and people start connecting the dots with who's a terrorist and who's a townie. But if anyone's getting lynched tonight, it's the alchemists.

Now, action plan. The second the tavern comes into solid view, Valith begins looking around for a pull-behind cart or something similar. They must have one to haul the barrels of alcohol with. I want one to hold the bodies in so we don't have to leave so much valuable art material behind when we're done with this job. Just make a note of it and where it is for now; we'll worry about unloading it (if full) and getting it ready later, preferably once I have some extra muscle to help pull.

I~de~a! We could make it look like we're a hospital crew of sorts if we load the bodies right, strap them down, use a spell to make the bodies utter convincing groans of pain, then loudly shout for people to clear the way as we run. It would certainly explain why we're covered in blood, too. But for any of that to work we'll need to move fast here before the cops show up.

Whether he spots a cart or no, Valith enters the tavern after his fellow apostles, battle-ready to support as needed, and follows them to go wreck the alchemists' lab! Oh, and Sierris, if you're listening:  Any chance I could get a mutation to turn my fingers into deadly claws?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 12:07:41 am by Xvareon »

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2017, 12:44:10 am »

Fire... immolation... yes. All that shall remain are ashes...

Head over to the alchemist's den, relishing the knowledge that I have already spread entropy. See what the other acolytes are up to.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2017, 09:21:01 am »

Step 1: find house
Step 2: break into house
Step 3: brutally murder inhabitants
Step 4:  L O O T
Step 5: gtfo
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2017, 12:33:54 am »

((Shoot, sorry for the delay.))

Yeah, let's stay in the shadows behind my Steelborn meatshield friend. Stay stealthy, though, and try to use him as a distraction to that effect. Sting anyone who looks to be slipping past the radar. When I get a chance, use my dagger to slit the throat of everyone I've poisoned. Nice source of blood, and it gives an apparent cause of death other than neurotoxin.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Heresy: A Minimalist RTD About Cults [6/6] Turn 7
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2017, 02:19:54 pm »

((Sorry for the delayed update- I've been ill.))

I utter a Short prayer to Ckaeyod for Defense against any magic the alchemists may use and head in to hack them apart.

Despite his prayer, John feels no different. Perhaps Ckaeyod thinks he should do it on his own?
Steeling himself, he then rushes into the passage. After a few seconds of jogging through he arrives at a large and open chamber. There are torches in sconces that have multiple flames and there are tables with bizarre equipment on them. Three men dressed in grey are working at their respective tables.
One looks up from mixing some sort of dust with a luminescent blue liquid to see John intruding. A panicked expression immediately forms upon his face as he reaches into his grey coat- but John reacts first, leaping forward with almost superhuman agility and lodging his chain-blade in the alchemist's shoulder. The chains 'rev' at the taste of blood and saw his arm inhalf. John finishes him off with a quick slash to the neck that sends his severed head off in an arc. The other two alchemists run for a door of some kind near the back of the chamber and disappear into it. Ckaeyod thoroughly appreciates the slaying of a heretic.

"Well, might as well kill two birds with one stone."

Check around for a pack of matches then start cracking open the barrels of alcohol.

After searching the supply room for a moment or two, Mortecia comes across a matchbox. It has only two matches left inside, but it should do.
She then pops the barrels of alcohol open and topples them. The alcohol pools in several parts of the room. This will be a great glory in the eyes of Akashir- she will surely be granted some form of gift for this.

Hmm. A sanctioned spy... firearms, a definitively alchemical weapon variety... yep, by Sierris, the Grandfather was right. Looks like the guards can afford their own secret police, in a way.

Valith heads towards the tavern. Enough time has been spent here. Time to actually do our job. It's a shame there wasn't enough time to take Cassius' clothes, too; these robes could qualify as an "identifying mark" once the action begins and people start connecting the dots with who's a terrorist and who's a townie. But if anyone's getting lynched tonight, it's the alchemists.

Now, action plan. The second the tavern comes into solid view, Valith begins looking around for a pull-behind cart or something similar. They must have one to haul the barrels of alcohol with. I want one to hold the bodies in so we don't have to leave so much valuable art material behind when we're done with this job. Just make a note of it and where it is for now; we'll worry about unloading it (if full) and getting it ready later, preferably once I have some extra muscle to help pull.

I~de~a! We could make it look like we're a hospital crew of sorts if we load the bodies right, strap them down, use a spell to make the bodies utter convincing groans of pain, then loudly shout for people to clear the way as we run. It would certainly explain why we're covered in blood, too. But for any of that to work we'll need to move fast here before the cops show up.

Whether he spots a cart or no, Valith enters the tavern after his fellow apostles, battle-ready to support as needed, and follows them to go wreck the alchemists' lab! Oh, and Sierris, if you're listening:  Any chance I could get a mutation to turn my fingers into deadly claws?

After searching for a cart of some form, Valith is surprised to find that they actually use a vehicle that is, no doubt, powered by some form of Hermetic science.
This'll work though, and his God won't be angry at him for making use with what he has to- especially if it leads to art.
Entering the tavern, he finds the same scene his comrades before him had. Drunken stragglers asleep and snoring at the bar, broken glass surrounding the area along with some blood spatters here and there. Nobody he recognizes is in the front, though. He'll have to go further. Sierris takes his request into consideration.

Fire... immolation... yes. All that shall remain are ashes...

Head over to the alchemist's den, relishing the knowledge that I have already spread entropy. See what the other acolytes are up to.

Erescal heads to the tavern, fire beginning to spread between the old buildings in flames. As he enters the aforementioned tavern he notes the relative quiet in the main area of the tavern. The only sounds he can hear for a few seconds are snoring drunks. He also notices Valith is here. Erescal and Valith soon hear something out of the ordinary from what sounds like the back of the bar- agonized screaming.

Step 1: find house
Step 2: break into house
Step 3: brutally murder inhabitants
Step 4:  L O O T
Step 5: gtfo

Siri searches the slums for a house to break into. A particularly clean one stands out- judging by its external condition it should yield a decent amount of valuables if pillaged. Siri smashes in a window and climbs through only to find herself in (what looks like) the living room of an aristocrat. An elderly man clad in silken red nightclothes is sitting by the crackling fireplace. "Who is it that wants me dead this time?" He turns to face Siri, weapon in hand. Uh-oh.

((Shoot, sorry for the delay.))

Yeah, let's stay in the shadows behind my Steelborn meatshield friend. Stay stealthy, though, and try to use him as a distraction to that effect. Sting anyone who looks to be slipping past the radar. When I get a chance, use my dagger to slit the throat of everyone I've poisoned. Nice source of blood, and it gives an apparent cause of death other than neurotoxin.

Azur would have gone with this plan were it not for the fact that his Steelborn bullet sponge ally ran recklessly into the breach too fast for him to enact it.
Nonetheless, Azur follows after and meets up with him just as he finishes slicing an alchemist's head off. He notices that two people had just fled to a door in the back as well, and decides to play 'clean-up crew'. Opening the door, he gazes inside to find that the branched-off room in the secret conclave is filled to the brim with crates and jars of odd substances and equipment. The two alchemists must be hiding in here somewhere...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 02:22:27 pm by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2017, 02:35:31 pm »

I Run in and Start Tearing apart the place looking for the Alchemists,  If I fail to Find 'em I grab my companion, Toss him out, Light my Firebomb, and Toss it in, Who knows How Explosive that stuff Could be?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 02:38:08 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2017, 02:44:49 pm »

Murder the drunks. There can be no witnesses. If the tavern happens to burn down, get out. Also, ask Akashir if he can give me the power to inflict severe necrosis on living creatures.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2017, 07:59:54 pm »

"Oh I'm gonna get some good shit for this!"

Set the alcohol alight.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2017, 08:51:53 pm »

"Akashir has come for you!"

Feint to the right, then attack his left side. Use my powers if I can.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2017, 12:40:54 am »

Yeeeaaah, Azur keeps a safe distance between himself and anything that seems liable to catch fire. If it's safe to go in after the firebombing, take a look around and ensure that there aren't any survivors.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2017, 07:50:57 pm »

Welp... too late to do anything to clean up this scene for any onlookers outside, on account of the huge, gaping hole in the wall. Shaking his head, Valith proceeds through said hole after his companions, gun drawn and ready. I judiciously fire a shot point-blank into the chest of any dead hermetics I find -- bullets in their bodies could give the impression that there was some internal strife and someone got trigger-happy, after all. Also see if I can loot any more of these weapons off the corpses.

Aside from that, Valith moves to cover his allies and help them root out the remaining hermetics, and also keeps a lookout for a back door which may lead to the outside. They may try to escape through there, and we CANNOT have that, no sir.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8