Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll To Heresy: A Minimalist RTD About Cults [DEFUNCT]  (Read 15963 times)

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Roll To Heresy: A Minimalist RTD About Cults [DEFUNCT]
« on: March 31, 2017, 10:33:22 pm »

The Age of Apostasy is upon us. The world has forgotten its gods and masters. Humans are a weak creature without Covenants, doomed to insignificance and meaningless lives of restraint and illusory order. You have been chosen to preach this message- to spread it far and wide, so that the meek creatures that call themselves Human are reminded of their place in the Cosmos. The Old Gods will have their spoils once more.

Spoiler: What. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Patron Gods (click to show/hide)

So that's all, for now folks. About 6 characters should do us.

Spoiler: John 'Knobody' Doe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Valith Sa'roka (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Erescal (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Azur (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Johnny Boy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sapphire (click to show/hide)

WAITLIST:

Spoiler: Porok (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 04:55:47 am by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Heresy: A Minimalist RTD About Cults [0/5]
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 10:49:06 pm »

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 11:07:15 pm »

Name: Valith Sa'roka
Patron Deity: Sierris
Injuries and Wounds: N/A
Inventory: A selection of different cloths.
Magicks: Blood Jewel.
Boons/Banes: N/A
Background: Valith Sa'roka was originally a promising and intelligent hunter-gatherer in a small, rural town known as Grandlich. He eventually won the position of Mayor, and spent a few good years managing the town in peace. In recent years, however, he has become acutely aware of his own mortality, and believes that he is destined for something more than simply shepherding a hundred-odd dirt farmers. Thanks to his innate charisma and strength of will, it did not take long for him to start a cult to the Old Gods, and sacrificing nearly all of Grandlich to Sierris, Mother of All, for the sake of defiling their local chapel by hanging up a grotesque tapestry made of almost every villager's flayed skin sewn together in a circle, their bodies connected around the perimeter to form a solid ring keeping it all in place. Valith now seeks one thing and one thing only:  Immortality, by any means and any depths and depravities necessary.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 11:10:52 pm »

Name: Valith Sa'roka
Patron Deity: Sierris
Inventory: A selection of different cloths.
Magicks: Blood Jewel.
Background: Valith Sa'roka was originally a promising and intelligent hunter-gatherer in a small, rural town known as Grandlich. He eventually won the position of Mayor, and spent a few good years managing the town in peace. In recent years, however, he has become acutely aware of his own mortality, and believes that he is destined for something more than simply shepherding a hundred-odd dirt farmers. Thanks to his innate charisma and strength of will, it did not take long for him to start a cult to the Old Gods, and sacrificing nearly all of Grandlich to Sierris, Mother of All, for the sake of defiling their local chapel by hanging up a grotesque tapestry made of almost every villager's flayed skin sewn together in a circle, their bodies connected around the perimeter to form a solid ring keeping it all in place. Valith now seeks one thing and one thing only:  Immortality, by any means and any depths and depravities necessary.

Everything here is fine sans the magick. Sierris doesn't start you with a magick, she starts you with a random (meaning selected by me) mutation.
Sorry. :-\

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Accepted.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 11:13:19 pm »

Name: Mortecia Randis
Patron Deity: Akashir
Inventory:
- Cult robes
- Primeval Scripture
- Icon of Akashir
- Rusty iron dagger
Magicks: To be given
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 11:17:02 pm »

Spoiler: I'm totally in this. (click to show/hide)
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Heresy: A Minimalist RTD About Cults [1/5]
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 11:17:31 pm »

HOLY SHIT THIS IS FILLING FAST RESERVED

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 11:25:23 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Heresy: A Minimalist RTD About Cults [1/5]
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 11:27:50 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 11:31:04 pm by Whisperling »

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Heresy: A Minimalist RTD About Cults [6/6]
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2017, 11:40:53 pm »

Aaaaaand we're full. I extended the player count to 6 because Whisperling never disappoints and I hate uneven numbers.
I'll be fixing up the Akashir followers' spells now and setting up the first turn soon.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 12:28:35 am by Mallos »

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Heresy: A Minimalist RTD About Cults [6/6] Turn 1
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2017, 12:28:54 am »

A candle lights up the darkness the 6 Apostles dwell in. The weekly midnight congregation will start soon.
Tick... tick... tick...
A grandfather clock ticks along loudly, accompanied only by the excited heartbeats of the Apostles.
DING! DONG! DING! DONG!
The loud bell informs them all that the first hour of a new day had begun- the service could begin.

"We gather on this dark dawn... to revere not only our respective Patrons, but the Old Gods as a Pantheon. The animosity we feel towards each other must be quelled if we ever wish to overthrow the decadent loyalists. Sierris' Loved shan't argue with Ckaeyod's Steelborn or Akashir's Dunewalkers, and likewise. We must unite, Brothers and Sisters, if we hope to end the Age of Apostasy." The wizened voice of the Grandfather calls from the candlelight. "Let us all drink of the Lifeblood that ties us together as the last conclave of the Three."
A brass tray with 7 iron goblets filled to the brim with a crimson liquid is placed on the roundtable the Apostles surround. The Grandfather shakily raises a goblet in a toast, waiting for the others.

Act now, Apostles.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 03:16:44 am by Mallos »

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2017, 12:52:48 am »

Valith wraps his hand around the iron goblet, inwardly seething about such a simplistic receptacle for an important rite like this, but nonetheless abides by the Grandfather's toast. He uses the moment of silence to size up the Grandfather, trying to find out exactly where he stands with the Gods; which major deity is his patron, for example. Or is he neutral/Chaos Undivided?

EDIT:  Once it is time to drink, Valith states: "Long may we yet serve and glorify Their majesty," and heartily consumes the contents of the goblet. He focuses on committing the taste of the liquid to memory, so that he might one day reproduce it if necessary.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 09:20:26 am by Xvareon »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2017, 08:15:07 am »

Siri takes her goblet in both hands and lifts it in toast with the other Apostles. Once it is time to drink, she brings the goblet to her lips, and whispers, "For you, Akashir. . . My life for you. . . Many lives for you. . . " She then drinks heartily from the goblet.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2017, 11:01:13 am »

I raise my goblet in Toast, then Drain the goblet contents dry as I drink it all.
I then say...

"We shall Slaughter our cowardly Enemies together, Rather then each other."
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2017, 12:14:57 pm »

Erescal wordlessly removes their cloth mask, revealing a grotesquely twisted and marred face. They then down the Lifeblood, unflinching and showing no signs of apprehension. Erescal then dons their cloth mask once again.

I am sure this will be a pleasing arrangement for all involved.

Saying this, Erescal crushes and disfigures the brass goblet in their hand, and surreptitiously slips the broken hunk of metal into their cloak.

To the Old Ones.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2017, 01:05:41 pm »

Mortecia taps her fingers on the table incessantly, a mound of dust marking the stops. She pauses only to grab her goblet and take a sip.

"Can we hurry this up? Some of us have some carnage to get to?"
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8