Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Roll To Heresy: A Minimalist RTD About Cults [DEFUNCT]  (Read 15949 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile

Be autopiloted back to the Grandfather, I suppose. (Sorry about the recent inactivity).

Drink of the lifeblood, in as elegantly a manner as is possible. If I do end up gulping the whole thing down again, though, that's not a huge deal.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

Hold up my goblet, Say a prayer to Ckaeyod thanking him for Granting me the strength to take victory, Drink up, then do some maintenance on my Chain sword.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile

Show the Grandfather the eyes of the abomination I gouged out of its skull, clutched in my new claws. Ask if he knows what kind of creature it was. And if maybe its eyes may hold some unique properties; because otherwise I'm likely gonna get to work on my first project soon.

Also let him know about Cassius, the spy I killed. Show him the letter I got off his body, and the gun.

In order to avoid becoming dangerously bored, Valith takes out the sliced-off face of Cassius, and idly nibbles on the edges. Not enough skin to make a painting. Not near enough. Quick job, maybe too quick. Obvious favor for Akashir, since damn near everything of value was torched in the blazing fire in the tavern. Ask if there's time to go get Cassius' body while we wait for the next mission. Of course, the promise of more carnage to come might persuade Valith to stick around for now.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile

The Grandfather. How foolish of me to forget.

Return to the Grandfather.
Be autopiloted back to the Grandfather, I suppose. (Sorry about the recent inactivity).

Drink of the lifeblood, in as elegantly a manner as is possible. If I do end up gulping the whole thing down again, though, that's not a huge deal.
Hold up my goblet, Say a prayer to Ckaeyod thanking him for Granting me the strength to take victory, Drink up, then do some maintenance on my Chain sword.
Show the Grandfather the eyes of the abomination I gouged out of its skull, clutched in my new claws. Ask if he knows what kind of creature it was. And if maybe its eyes may hold some unique properties; because otherwise I'm likely gonna get to work on my first project soon.

Also let him know about Cassius, the spy I killed. Show him the letter I got off his body, and the gun.

In order to avoid becoming dangerously bored, Valith takes out the sliced-off face of Cassius, and idly nibbles on the edges. Not enough skin to make a painting. Not near enough. Quick job, maybe too quick. Obvious favor for Akashir, since damn near everything of value was torched in the blazing fire in the tavern. Ask if there's time to go get Cassius' body while we wait for the next mission. Of course, the promise of more carnage to come might persuade Valith to stick around for now.
Quote from: Siri(Auto)
Drink.
Quote from: Morticia(Auto)
Drink.

After Erescal makes it to the table, the Cultists all collectively drink their respective cups of lifeblood.
Each of them feels a surge of power as they uncontrollably quaff the drinks down almost immediately, and begin to notice some changes soon after.

Erescal feels his mind grow in power as his repertoire of spells increases.

Azur feels a huge surge of divine energy inside his head. He visibly glows a bright crimson for a few moments before feeling as if he is more in touch somehow. Azur has gained Animal Control(Invertebrates) and Intuition. In addition, he feels a dark desire grow in the back of his mind.

John feels a warmth on his forehead as a rune burns into his skin, formed of 5 symmetrical lines that end in slight points. Somehow, he feels as though poison no longer affects him as much as it did before.

Valith feels his skin turn somewhat chilly and notices on examination of his arms that his skin is shifting colors to fit the backdrop, like a chameleon's. If stays still enough, he can make himself effectively invisible. In addition, a dark desire grows in the back of his psyche.

Siri feels her mind grow in power as her repertoire of spells increases.

Morticia feels her mind greatly increase in power as knowledge of a powerful spell comes to mind.

After they have recovered from their sudden changes, some of the Cultists simply wait and listen. John and Valith are not part of that crowd. John utters a prayer of thanks to Ckaeyod, making sure that his patron is aware of his utmost appreciation of the blessings and strength gifted to him by his godly benefactor. He then uses a sacred cloth given to all disciples of Ckaeyod to clean his blade, making sure that any blood or other residue is off and that the steel is back to gleaming. John's blade is now clean. Valith is the only one feeling particularly talkative.

The Loved Disciple Valith pulls out the eyes he tore from the skull of the homonculus to show the Grandfather and ask him if he knows what sort of creature it belonged to, and if it could be of any practical use. 'These are the eyes of a homonculus. I know this because I have been gifted with a great blessing by Sierris, I can feel life and unlife in my very bones. Homonculi are hardly alive, though, only in the sense that they possess a heart that beats in their chest and blood that flows in their veins. They are animate, but not exactly alive. While the alchemysts have found the secret to creating life, they don't know how to perform the most important step: implanting a soul. It is almost certainly impossible to do so, for it is an ability only the Gods possess. For this reason, homonculi have very little in way of personality besides one or two particular emotions that don't prevent it from serving its single purpose. When you kill these beasts, you are doing the Gods and the beasts themselves a service as they are created only to serve and then die. They aren't meant to be here, and for that I pity them." The Grandfather looks genuinely saddened at the thought of the unlife that is a homonculus's existence. "There are no particular purposes to these eyes besides perhaps a place in a piece of art to glorify The Great Mother."

Valith then goes on to tell him about the Watcher Cassius and hands him the letter and displays the gun.
"This is troubling, no doubt, young-blood. The fact a Watcher had been sent to examine the Conclave means we're already being considered by someone in power as a possible threat. The weapon is an invention of some alchemyst or other such petty creator. I am glad, however, that you have taken it as it may now serve to assist those in the right: Us."

As Valith listens, he begins to nibble on Cassius' peeled off face. Something about the skin tastes delicious, and he barely notices as he bites off a small chunk of the skin and swallows it uncontrollably. Valith does manage to calm himself down and avoid eating the rest, as he needs some of it to keep as an art supply. The Grandfather seems unfazed by this, oddly enough. "Is there time for me to retrieve Cassius' body, Grandfather? I could use the extra art supplies." The Grandfather nods. "There is time enough while I consider our next best course of action, and we probably shouldn't let the body of a Watcher sit out in the open anyway. I recommend that the other Acolytes retire to their chambers for the next few hours. I will stay awake and wait for you to return, Valith. I only ask that you make sure there is no one watching you before attempting to re-enter the Conclave."

((Whew. That took a while guys, sorry. I've been kind of down lately.))
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile

Inquire about further instructions.
I have no time for your petty politics, Grandfather. What is your will, so it may be done?
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile

See about collecting any nearby bugs and putting them somewhere secure for safekeeping. Go to sleep afterwards. There's no sense in being worn out going into the next task.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Kept you waiting huh? (click to show/hide)
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Kept you waiting huh? (click to show/hide)

Accepted.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Sapphire (click to show/hide)

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Sapphire (click to show/hide)

Also accepted because I feel as though a 7th player isn't too much, and difficulty is going to scale.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile

I think I'm going to dropout of this game.  I've unfortunately lost interest and with my computer broken, it's been a pain posting on the fourms. Sorry.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I'm going to dropout of this game.  I've unfortunately lost interest and with my computer broken, it's been a pain posting on the fourms. Sorry.

Sorry to hear about that. Enjoyed your character while you were here.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile

GET FUCKED MORTECIA HA Sorry to see you go
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile

Valith nods, then leaves to focus on finding a wheelbarrow, or a push-cart, and also a hood for his head. A crow-beaked plague mask would be absolutely ideal, but I'm not sure those are available. If we can't find one, keep looking; I need it to make this trip at all convincing and convenient, to pass off Cassius as a plague victim or something along those lines.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Heresy: A Minimalist RTD About Cults [6/6] Turn 15
« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2017, 12:52:30 am »

Valith nods, then leaves to focus on finding a wheelbarrow, or a push-cart, and also a hood for his head. A crow-beaked plague mask would be absolutely ideal, but I'm not sure those are available. If we can't find one, keep looking; I need it to make this trip at all convincing and convenient, to pass off Cassius as a plague victim or something along those lines.

Valith nods in the Grandfather's general direction. Obeying his orders, he slowly walks out of the Conclave through the door, shutting the door behind him and hearing it lock immediately. The sun just rose, so he's out in the open. From what he can see, there still aren't many people out on this cloudy day- probably a wise decision on their part, as criminals typically lie in wait for unsuspecting targets in this area of the city.  Valith does notice a mangy beggar or two, one of them lacking a leg and the other having a blood-crusted cloth tied around his eyes. Neither of them pay him much attention, though, seeing as one lacks eyes and the other is shit-faced drunk off hobo wine or other such swill. Valith sets off in search for a push-cart or wheelbarrow and something to cover his head.

The acolyte Valith discovers a tipped-over wheelbarrow. It must have stored food of some sort before, because it is loaded with untied and empty bags and sits next to a blood trail on the ground. Some poor farmer must have taken the wrong turn and ended up in the slums instead of the market. Valith, in a moment of ingenuity, picks up one of the cloth sacks and uses his claws to cut eye-holes in it before donning it like a hood. Nobody could see his face now, but he does look a a tad conspicuous.

After an uneventful power-walk to the building at which he left Cassius' faceless corpse, Valith sets the wheelbarrow against a wall and climbs the building. As he reaches the rooftop, a horrible realization hits him as he finds no corpse. Cassius' body is gone. Valith pauses in confusion. He knows he killed Cassius, he watched him die and sliced his face off as a trophy. But no amount of staring at the pool of blood is bringing the body back, and Valith knows he has to get back to the Conclave and tell the Grandfather.

Against his better judgement, Valith runs full speed back to the Conclave and knocks on the door. The Grandfather unlocks the door and lets him in and is immediately confused. "Where is Cassius' body, Valith?" Valith explains what he has just experienced, and the Grandfather looks increasingly worried. "This means someone else took his body, and I can be almost certain that it was another Watcher. He must have had a partner nearby. "

The Grandfather sits at the round-table. "I suppose it is good that I called on two associates to welcome them into our fold, because this Conclave's next task is to find whoever took Cassius' body and kill them, as well as any witnesses nearby." As the Grandfather says this, two cloaked figures emerge from the shadows behind him. "The healer, Sapphire. And the drifter, Jonathan."

"You have your task, Acolytes. You must move out the moment the sun sets. Watchers usually gather near the bazaar in the Trade District. Look for individuals in groups that use odd hand-gestures when speaking, and follow them discreetly to their base of operations. From there, you kill everyone inside. No survivors. Gods bless, Acolytes."

See about collecting any nearby bugs and putting them somewhere secure for safekeeping. Go to sleep afterwards. There's no sense in being worn out going into the next task.

After listening to the Grandfather, Azur searches the dark and dirty parts of the convent for insects or other invertebrates. He discovers a cluster of of centipedes of sort. Before he can scoop them up, though, they begin to scurry towards his open palm like they already know what he's trying to do. Coiling around his arm, they chatter and click excitedly. He then marches off to the quarters along with the others, who collectively sleep go to sleep.

Hours later, the Grandfather wakes them all up and reminds them of their task.

"Once more, be careful. We can't afford exposure at this strength, there are too many heretics. Godspeed."
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 12:59:18 am by Mallos »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8