Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Bay12Games Discord Channel  (Read 11688 times)

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12Games Discord Channel
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2017, 11:56:41 am »

If you two are going to cause drama, would you mind causing it somewhere else?
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Sbcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [MALFUNCTIONING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2017, 03:36:46 pm »

The Bay12 Discord was made to spite the Unofficial Dwarf Fortress Discord, because he was making unsavory jokes towards a mod. He than trolled the discord, and caused unnecessary drama.
To the beer!

Shub-Nullgurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2017, 03:47:39 pm »

If you two are going to cause drama, would you mind causing it somewhere else?

I've already said that I'd rather not cause drama.

The Bay12 Discord was made to spite the Unofficial Dwarf Fortress Discord, because he was making unsavory jokes towards a mod. He than trolled the discord, and caused unnecessary drama.

This isn't true. We both established this wasn't true last night, AGIR.

Anyway, both this gentlemen and lonjil from before are moderators on the older DF Discord. I think that should tell you all you need to know about why we need a new one.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2017, 03:59:18 pm »

Shub, You truely are trying to cause drama. I kindly request this be locked. (Namely, to prevent more drama)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2017, 04:01:05 pm »

Shub, You truely are trying to cause drama. I kindly request this be locked. (Namely, to prevent more drama)

Ohh you silly, this thread is fine. No one who wants to be here is causing any drama.

Shub-Nullgurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2017, 04:03:11 pm »

I'm asking all moderators of the older Discord chat to stay out of this thread instead of trying to cause trouble.

Moony is another moderator of the older Discord chat.

As you can see, the goal is to stir up trouble to get this thread locked.

SurrealRose

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2017, 07:29:30 pm »

Sign, This is going to be my only reply to this thread because I do not want to argue, I am gonna make a post and go back to doing what this account was made for, (talking in the DF threads of course). Shub, while agir was here to cause drama which I am unsure about, you are the one who tried to ignite it, and people reading this thread should be aware of this fact. Lonjil was here only to explain to the user what discord you were talking about, but you decided you wanted drama as in: "For someone who put in a rule to stop me posting about the new Discord on the old one, you don't seem to be willing to follow it. :^)" There was nothing related to that rule but you decided to call it out, for what? I don't know.  The main reason that rule is in is to avoid spam, we don't want a user spamming links to another discord. I apologise for the inconvenience, and as I said above. This is my last post in this thread. I don't want drama nor do I want this thread locked. I hope you have a good day, see you.

Shub-Nullgurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2017, 12:42:09 am »

Unfortunately we had to ban our first member today, since he was saying that "this chat is boring" and kept spamming gifs of an animal being tortured after being warned not to.

He is, however, still in the older Discord chat.

Sign, This is going to be my only reply to this thread because I do not want to argue, I am gonna make a post and go back to doing what this account was made for, (talking in the DF threads of course). Shub, while agir was here to cause drama which I am unsure about, you are the one who tried to ignite it, and people reading this thread should be aware of this fact. Lonjil was here only to explain to the user what discord you were talking about, but you decided you wanted drama as in: "For someone who put in a rule to stop me posting about the new Discord on the old one, you don't seem to be willing to follow it. :^)" There was nothing related to that rule but you decided to call it out, for what? I don't know.  The main reason that rule is in is to avoid spam, we don't want a user spamming links to another discord. I apologise for the inconvenience, and as I said above. This is my last post in this thread. I don't want drama nor do I want this thread locked. I hope you have a good day, see you.

I have to ask, you don't see the hypocrisy in deleting any links I make to the new Discord (not spamming, just once a day, you even deleted conversations in which I mentioned there is another Discord) and then advertising your old one in here? This is completing ignoring the fact that you outright told me to make a new Discord if I didn't like the moderation. You put a new rule in place after discovering that, in fact, quite a lot of people didn't like the moderation and were happily leaving.

It's a real summary of the new moderation style in the old Discord that you give one public reason for doing something but the reality (and end result) of it is completely different.

Anyway, here is the new owner of the old Discord who created their forum account yesterday literally to respond to this thread specifically after I requested they do not do it. I hope you all can understand why people are moving to a new server.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 01:01:49 am by Shub-Nullgurath »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2017, 02:15:29 am »

Can we maybe all just consider...Not fighting?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shub-Nullgurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2017, 05:00:49 am »

Can we maybe all just consider...Not fighting?

The weird thing is that we actually talked with the old Discord moderators a night or two and thought we got everything smoothed out, including an acknowledgement that there are different styles for different people and that people who weren't happy with the moderation could quite easily come to our server, their's or even both.

Then the next morning Sbcc (AGIR) posts in here with a complete 180 of what we all agreed on. I'm genuinely at a loss.

Shub-Nullgurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2017, 07:30:40 am »

We've reorganised the channels to be more similar to the forum structure, added in an RPG game to a channel (which you can toggle to view / not view at will) and added race ranks which people can assign to themselves.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2017, 01:41:01 pm »

I can't police off-site drama.  If you guys are going to have two Discords fighting each other, I'm leaning toward disallowing all Discord discussion on the forum.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

lonjil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2017, 02:28:17 pm »

I can't police off-site drama.  If you guys are going to have two Discords fighting each other, I'm leaning toward disallowing all Discord discussion on the forum.
Don't worry, we (other discord mods) are staying out of this thread.

Shub-Nullgurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2017, 03:57:49 pm »

Trust me, I understand you.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2017, 03:59:39 pm »

UGH! due to... well.. people jumping on this Discord channel to harass it... they had to change their policy and now I can't join again.

Now I have to consider whether or not I'll use my private account
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4