Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: ☢We the forgotten ones: a twilight 2000 RPG (3/6?)☢ An Atomic Anabasis.  (Read 5253 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

"Rodger, willco." Oceanus stows his radio, grimly watching the soldiers before heading as quietly as possible over to where Vogel was foraging. "We're getting called back, looks like the other side was just horrifically late instead of a bunch of idiots, and the Major wants to get going. Theres also a batch fairly close to us, may be a patrol."
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looking up from the bush she was clearing Eveline drops the branch and packs away the berries she had in hand as the Armenian speaks.

"Ve should go then?" She rises and equips her sidearm, staring at the Armenian with a tight-lipped expression.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Yep. Stay low, and if they do find us follow my lead." With that, the Armenian grips his rifle closer and starts sneaking in the rough direction of the camp.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eveline crouches down and stalks after her ally.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile

"Three trucks and possibly three dozen men in or along side them. Don't look like they know we're here yet," Paul called back. "But if they keep heading this way, then they oughta know ten, twenty minutes tops."
Max avatar size is 80x80

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Phillip looked deep in thought as he brought his binoculars down, he turned towards Paul. "Hey, I spotted one holding a 'sixteen', think they might be leftovers of a Cat III or M-O Unit?" Phillip jogs towards the M-548A1, if things go south he has feeling he'll need more then a 'sixteen', he tells Paul. "I'm gonna find my Stoner keep an eye out would ya?"

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile

"Will do," Paul replied as he monitored the oncoming convoy.
Max avatar size is 80x80

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Carl Gustav stowed in the carrier, several belts for the M2 ready, food packed into both vehicles. Anderson stood ready on the carrier's driver door step, rifle ready and looking towards where Paul and Philip went.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok here's the bad new, i've had a hard drive fail  :(
Now the good news is that is was my secondary hard drive and it's ancient an tiny.
But all the twilight 2000 files where on it!

So bare with my while i fiddle with bits and try to get thing working again.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The woodlands undergrowth and bushes gives cover as you head back towards the party

As Oceanus slowy walks away from the man his foot finds twig
-crack-
The man  wheels around fires a wild burst off from his kashncov
Oceanus and Eveline are forced in to the undergrowth as the bullets rip thru the bushes.

As you look up the man is away, off thundering thru the bushes in a wild flight.

In the distance you hear a burst of gun fire from the woods.

The passenger of the lead 3/4 ton truck waves his arm and the convoy slows to halt.
There some shouting that you can't hear and only guess at.
Phillip looks again at the ready M2 as the infantry dismounts, there's 19 of them armed with a mix of NATO and Warsaw pact weapons.
With the infantry forming a broad arc in front of the trucks, the convoy starts again now at a walking pace.

For tense minutes the convoy gets closer as there is nothing of Oceanus or Eveline.
Then both of them arrive back at the camp gasping for breath from there sprint.

With the camp hurriedly packed away the party starts it Vehicle and drives towards?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Eveline, drive jeep! I shoot!"

Oceanius leaps into the back of the LuAZ and readies their rifles grenade launcher.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jumping into the jeep's driver seat, Eveline kicks the engine into life.

"Vhere to?!" she yells awaiting direction from her allies, ready to follow.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 09:01:25 am by Cain12 »

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anderson swung inside the carrier and waved from the open door. "Cross the river!" he pointed in one direction, then started the motor.

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Phillip rummaged through the carrier intent on finding his Stoner, but paused when he heard the report of rifle. He sighed, "Guess a sixteen'll have to do." Phillip hopped from the rear of the carrier and came around the bend towards the front before climbing aboard to man the M2. "Hang on Anderson I'll hop on the Ma Deuce."

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As the jeeps engine coughs in to life the party drive deeper into the woods following a twisty farm track.
Soon it becomes clear that the cargo carrier is slowed by the tight turns in the narrow track.

Before long Phillip can hear an engine and shouts, worse still it's gaining on them.
With perhaps minutes to spare you reach the river, the Jeep is already afloat.

As the front of the cargo carrier start enters the water behind him, Oceanius starts to an uncomfortable wetness in his left boot.
Looking down he can see a steady stream of water leaking from the door down in to the jeeps.
After ten minutes of consent baling water out, the party climbs out the other river banks.
The only good news is you can't see any pursuers.
As Phillip lowers him self from the machine gun mount a heavy black rifle smack him on the back of the head.
Dazed finally collects his Stoner 63A LMG.

Now the only question which way to drive.
(You haven't really used a full 4 hour period yet so pick a direction)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5