Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Dominus - Or how i learned to stop worrying and embrace the Bloodsport (8/8)  (Read 7363 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rent out; we've still got to train them and all.

Hire one good quality Doctore - 75 Sesterces
Purchase 5 standard slaves - 25 Sesterces

Laelius sends an offer to Domenico regarding the use of the wargr; the huge wolves would make a fine spectacle in the pit (And are perhaps a bit too dangerous for the arena proper), and is willing to rent out the pair in exchange for roughly 40% of the profit from fights they partake in (Those things aren't cheap or easy to look after you know)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

He pays you for fighting in his arena.

In short The Arena Manager as he has done might go: you get 8 sesterces for fighting here. No surrender, fights are until death (or whatever other conditions he might decide upon)

You can then decide whether to negotiate those terms or accept them, then your gladiators will fight in the arena for that particular fight you agreed upon and then return home. Imagine it like somebody owning a football stadium and paying teams to play there if they agree to his rules. he doesnt rent the teams he doesnt own them, the team just plays there and goes home afterwards.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

@Ghazkull:
What bracket would my starting slaves fit in?  (ie subpar,  standard, useless etc) I'd like to know how disposable they are

I'll assume they are standard for the moment.

Lesbonicus Pertinax's belly preceded him into the slave market by a good few seconds. The doctore was a short distance behind, both out of respect,and to avoid being used as a leaning post when his rotund employer inevitably grew tired.

Lwabonicus ground to a halt in front of one of the larger displays. A line of downtrodden and depressed men squatted along the back wall, each chained to a post. He opened his mouth to speak, but struggled to get even a single word out around his gasps for breath. After a few seconds of awkward floundering, he gesticulated to the doctore, who stepped down the line, given a cursory examination to each man in turn.

By this point Lesbonicus, sweat pouring down his face, had recovered enough to express himself. "What do you think?"

"These aren't worth it, sir" the doctore replied. "I have a... colleague who could offer you a much better deal."

Purchase 20 subpar slaves from my private contact for 55 sesterces
Purchase 20 wooden weapons and 20 wooden boards for 40 sesterces

Later that day, Regulus receives a runner, who offers him the following:
Lesbonicus will provide both sides of a ten vs ten battle, to the last team standing (not necessarily to the death, if they keel over from exhaustion it still counts). In exchange he asks for one hundred sesterces or 80% of all profits gained from the fight. If Regulus insists on instead having his reenactment, Lesbonicus offers up to ten slaves to play barbarians at ten sesterces each. He is open to negotiation.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 01:59:06 pm by Kashyyk »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

Purchase 3 standard slaves
Train Maximus in constitution
Also Purchase 3 Leather Armor and 3 Copper Weapons, these will be equipped for my standard slaves
Expenditure: 60 (45 from Equipment, 15 from Slaves) Sesterces

Vopicus sends a request to the Arena Manager that if he is needing a imperial soldier to intimate, than he can send Maximus as one of the requested soldiers to be in opposition against the barbarians
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 05:41:44 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@ Kashyyk indeed your starting slaves are standard.

By the by each of you has his own private contacts according to his focuses. So with slave focus you have a private source where you can get cheaper and better trained slaves...just FYI. With Freemen Focus you have connections to get freemen and with criminal, criminals. Of course you can buy the shitty slaves for now from the public market if you want.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By the by each of you has his own private contacts according to his focuses. So with slave focus you have a private source where you can get cheaper and better trained slaves...just FYI. With Freemen Focus you have connections to get freemen and with criminal, criminals. Of course you can buy the shitty slaves for now from the public market if you want.

Well if that's the case, PM incoming.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So with the reenactment event, can I do battles before the main event? And if i do, can I charge 2 per seat? Or would it be better if I charged one per seat, just space the fights out by a day so I can charge re-admittance?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you can do that however you want. Less people will however arrive on these "pre-event" days

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, then we will do 2 fights on the same day, charge 2 sesterces for a seat.

1st Fight Lesbonicus team of 3 slaves vs (some kind of beast, I think. Though a trained fighter could do it if necessary.) I'm thinking 25 sesterces offered for each side, 10 to the winner

Re-enactment Let''s do 4 Imperial soldier imitators, offering 15 sesterces if they are properly outfitted, and 8 "barbarians", offering 8 sesterces each.

1st Fight: no rules about quarter, but with a hungry beast I assume it will be until the death
2nd Fight: No quarter, though last barbarian standing will allowed to surrender

Regulus accepts Vopicus's offer for Maximus
Counter offer's Lesbonicus: first fight of 3 slaves for 25, along with up to 8 barbarians for 8 each. Potential gain: 99 if you win the first fight
Everyone else: Still looking for Imperial Imitators, and a beast for the first fight.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rent out; we've still got to train them and all.

Hire one good quality Doctore - 75 Sesterces
Purchase 5 standard slaves - 25 Sesterces

Laelius sends an offer to Domenico regarding the use of the wargr; the huge wolves would make a fine spectacle in the pit (And are perhaps a bit too dangerous for the arena proper), and is willing to rent out the pair in exchange for roughly 40% of the profit from fights they partake in (Those things aren't cheap or easy to look after you know)

In response to Laelius's letter:

Dear Laelius,

As much as I admire your way with words and the ironclad discipline you instill in such fearsome beasts, I regret to inform you that as of now, I am unable to accept your exceedingly generous offer. Assuming this week's spectacle in the Bloody Pit Of Bold Battle manages to garner enough income, I'll be able to reconsider your proposal. In the meantime, be careful with those beasts, friend, you never know what could happen, and your passing would be a grievous loss to the industry.

Sincerely, Domenico Cassini, Purveyor of Punishment, Connoisseur of Carnage, Humble Lord of the Bloody Pit Of Bold Battle.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A reply to Domenico's letter

To Domenico,

While I thank you for your honesty, you do have a months worth of entertainment to consider and I know your clientele. It shouldn't be a particularly expensive show to let the wargr display their natural ruthlessness and could certainly bring in a lot more money than a few measly slaves trying to kill one another.

With regards, Laelius Severinus Gordianus; Master of the School of the Iron Beasts

((I just checked with Ghaz, turns are a month at a time))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Counter offer's Lesbonicus: first fight of 3 slaves for 25, along with up to 8 barbarians for 8 each. Potential gain: 99 if you win the first fight
Agreed. 11 subpar slaves, equipped with wooden clubs and primitive shields will be in attendance.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 03:24:41 pm by Kashyyk »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

Okay, then we will do 2 fights on the same day, charge 2 sesterces for a seat.

1st Fight Lesbonicus team of 3 slaves vs (some kind of beast, I think. Though a trained fighter could do it if necessary.) I'm thinking 25 sesterces offered for each side, 10 to the winner

Re-enactment Let''s do 4 Imperial soldier imitators, offering 15 sesterces if they are properly outfitted, and 8 "barbarians", offering 8 sesterces each.

1st Fight: no rules about quarter, but with a hungry beast I assume it will be until the death
2nd Fight: No quarter, though last barbarian standing will allowed to surrender

Regulus accepts Vopicus's offer for Maximus
Everyone else: Still looking for Imperial Imitators, and a beast for the first fight.
I can send in Maximus + 3 standard slaves with copper weapons and leather armor for the Re-Enactment as the imitators, if a beast doesn't show up than Maximus can be the replacement as a trained fighter for the first fight.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

"Well then. Best to get down to business."

Octavian purchases 5 standard slaves for 25 Sesterces. For the smoothness of the expedition!

Once that's done with, Octavian and co. set out on an expedition to the Southern Provinces, aiming to get ahold of some crocodiles(though he'll take what he can get).
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

S34nic are you gonna hire out to someone?

Otherwise i think we have all orders. If you still have orders to finish please tell me so.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9