Play this game in hard mode?

I want hard mode ON!
- 5 (71.4%)
I want hard mode OFF!
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: March 31, 2017, 10:37:14 am

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Breakfast Wars: Tactical Forum Operations - 7/7  (Read 3709 times)

DoopUltimate007

• Bay Watcher
  • The Spirit of Seven.
    • View Profile
    • My totally-feminist tumblr.
Breakfast Wars: Tactical Forum Operations - 7/7
« on: March 28, 2017, 10:35:45 am »

BREAKFAST WARS
- Tactical Forum Operations -

Yolklan forces have arrived on Hegemony soil. The Hegemony has been a non-participant in the war, but has kept their military readiness at 3, just in case it came to their borders. Since it has, the armed forces have been mobilized and have met the enemy in the jungles. It is there that you will make your stand.

You are a soldier in the Green Hegemony's Volunteer Force. You have your reasons for volunteering, as do the men and women next to you, but you all agree that your main objective is to defend your country. Your wish has been granted. You've finished Initial Training, you've completed Secondary Focus Training, and now you're being deployed to the front lines. You've been given the foundation upon which to build a mind and body that can win a war. The rest is up to you. Don't let your country down!

Spoiler: TL; DR (click to show/hide)

R U L E S . . .
1) If you can, vote in the poll that asks if you want hard mode on or off. Obviously, the most votes determines the difficulty!

2) Everyone starts as an E-1. If you want goodies you gotta rank up!

3) Life gets heavy, people lose interest, computers die. Things happen. If you must abscond, please do inform me either by private message or thread post.

4) I warn you now that I might miss a post. If I do that, remind me. I don't claim to be perfect.

5) I think I'll limit players to seven. That's a number I can handle. Fret not! There is a waitlist!

6) More/less rules as necessary. I don't like having rules but they're necessary. Sigh.

H O W  T O  J O I N . . .
1) Make a character sheet.

2) Choose how you want to enter the AO (by parachute, by helicopter, or by ground convoy).

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 09:23:09 am by Remain Calm »

DoopUltimate007

• Bay Watcher
  • The Spirit of Seven.
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Forum Operations [Experimental] - 0/7
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 10:36:13 am »

Reserved for things. Everyone is cleared to post their sheets.

- DEPARTMENT of DEFENSE -
> WARNING! <
The following information is considered 'classified' by the Hegemony Department of Defense. You are about to access a classified holding of information. Reading this information carries with it a penatly of a court tribunal (even for civilians) and up to 25 years in prison. If you have discovered this information in error, please contact 343-55-6718. If a Volunteer, please report to your XO, OD, or other appropriate commissioned officer of the Volunteer Services.

- A C T I V E  D U T Y-
Lorknis - E-1 Brock Coli
Roboson - E-1 Gus Aspara
AbstractTraitorHero - E-1 Olivia McMullen
S34N1C - E-1 Bel P. Epper
Slick - > RANK CLASSIFIED < Pop I.
Playergamer - E-1 Age Cabb
Shadowclaw777 - E-1 "Lett" Tuce

- R E S E R V E S -

- K . I . A . -
"For those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for king and country, a green star is given. The green star is a post-humous award for the finest Volunteers the Hegemony has had in its ranks. Were it not for these heroes, our great nation would no longer be ours. We salute the fallen."
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 11:05:56 pm by Remain Calm »

Lorknis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Forum Operations [Experimental] - 0/7
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 10:46:09 am »

NAME: Brock Colli
PERSONALITY: Brock is a jokester, often making poorly timed puns to lift the mood of his fellow soldiers.

Edit 1: Forgot to mention how we enter the AO. In this case, I suggest we go in by helicopter.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 10:57:06 am by Lorknis »

DoopUltimate007

• Bay Watcher
  • The Spirit of Seven.
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Forum Operations [Experimental] - 1/7
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 10:59:09 am »

PERSONALITY: Brock is a jokester, often making poorly timed puns to lift the mood of his fellow soldiers.

Edit 1: Forgot to mention how we enter the AO. In this case, I suggest we go in by helicopter.
Profile is good to go. The AO deployment choice is per player, not per game. So, Mr. Coli is going in by heli, but another player will go in by their preference. You feel? Also, don't forget the poll for choice of difficulty!

Lorknis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 11:02:15 am »

Profile is good to go. The AO deployment choice is per player, not per game. So, Mr. Coli is going in by heli, but another player will go in by their preference. You feel? Also, don't forget the poll for choice of difficulty!
Yeah, I feel you brah. Now it's time to sit and wait for more people to come and make vegetable joke names. Though I am curious, what does hard mode entail?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 11:08:41 am »

NAME: Gus Aspara
Personality: Gus is a straight and narrow kind of vegitable person. He could be grilled, baked, or boiled, and would never give up on his country. A true vegetable and natural born leader.

DoopUltimate007

• Bay Watcher
  • The Spirit of Seven.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 11:09:04 am »

Yeah, I feel you brah. Now it's time to sit and wait for more people to come and make vegetable joke names. Though I am curious, what does hard mode entail?
Indeed. If there aren't enough sign ups but you still want to play, I have no problem doing so.

Hard mode. I have no problem telling you if you reaaaallly wanna know, but I was intending to keep it hidden unless multiple people inquire. You know, the whole "surprise" and "mystery" angle? You know what? Fuck it. I'll tell you a bit.

Hard mode increases enemy difficulty/sophisticates their behaviour, and adds functions such as HP, SP, an inventory, and things like that. The still-to-be-built nightmare mode has a sanity/mental stress meter, which can lead to actual trauma-related/high-stress mental conditions. There is more to hard mode than what I told you, but that's pulling the curtain back 100%.

TL; DR: You'll hate me if you play in hard mode.

Lorknis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 11:14:38 am »

Neat, hard mode (and nightmare mode) sounds like it'll be fun. And even if it's just Colli and Gus, I'd like to give this a go.

DoopUltimate007

• Bay Watcher
  • The Spirit of Seven.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 11:23:32 am »

You'll get your wish from the looks of things. 1-0 in favour of hard mode enabled. This'll be nice for any future iternations.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 11:23:52 am »

NAME:Olivia Mcmullen
PERSONALITY:A jokester at heart olivia despite this can be pretty serious and straight to the point known for their dark sense of humor and pessimistic attitude their calm rationale and wisecracking.
Helicopter.
Appearence:Tired as hell some fine ass looking broclili.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 01:01:51 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

DoopUltimate007

• Bay Watcher
  • The Spirit of Seven.
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Forum Operations [Experimental] - 2/7
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 12:00:00 pm »

Heads up. I'm thinking of starting now and letting the sign-ups come in as the game goes on. If you're both interested.

Lorknis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 12:05:15 pm »

Heads up. I'm thinking of starting now and letting the sign-ups come in as the game goes on. If you're both interested.
That sounds alright with me. Time to engage in some vegetable/egg war crimes. The Geneva Convention won't save those Eggs when I boil em.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2017, 12:25:45 pm »

Fine with me.

DoopUltimate007

• Bay Watcher
  • The Spirit of Seven.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2017, 01:06:05 pm »

> WARNING: You have chosen hard mode. This difficulty setting is recommended for players with a significant tactical mind, and enjoy mechanical gameplay systems. You may not change the difficulty once the game has commenced.

- Brock Colli -
Your squad is infiltrating the zone by bird. It lands without incident and you all hop out as it lightly hovers in the air. Once you're all off, it turns around and heads back to base. A quick check shows everyone being present. Because you went in by heli, you're not in the thickest part of the jungle. In fact, the grass is just tall enough to hide in, but short enough for movement that doesnt make you feel encumbered. There isn't a sign of enemy presence yet, but you know they're scouting the jungles, looking for Hegemony soldiers.

An E-1 like yourself is the first to speak. "Hey Coli. You see yolks or what?"

- Gus Aspara -
Luckily, your parachute was packed correctly. You manage to land with a small fireteam in some heavy bush. Wasting no time, you and your fellow Volunteers take cover behind trees, and in tall grass. It's the bamboo-like shoots that will obscure your profiles. Intelligence said there would be little enemy resistance in the dense parts of the jungle, however, in war, it helps to be on your toes. Your fireteam is silent. They scout the woodline religiously for the slightest hint of a Yolk.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 07:54:13 pm by Remain Calm »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2017, 01:28:32 pm »

Check my weaponry to see what I brought with me. "Oh shit. Did I pack my weapon?!"
Pages: [1] 2 3