Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: horses and spiders  (Read 80734 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: horses and spiders
« Reply #331 on: July 15, 2017, 02:24:51 pm »

Valyrie glances at her other companions. There's a golem, which she can't do anything with, since it's a golem, and there's some kind of shielding mage guy, who probably won't be killing anything since he's another buffer. So the cat is literally her only shot here. She has to get its help or she's dead.
"Well since I'm not a whatever the fuck that is, I'm going to just follow you anyway at least until you identify me correctly!"
Yell at Dar, actively sabotaging his attempts at stealth until he quits being such an asshole.

Need to re-evaluate.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 04:52:37 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 15, 2017, 02:55:11 pm »

Ahem. There's also the swarm of birds over here.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 15, 2017, 03:25:57 pm »

Yell at Dar, actively sabotaging his attempts at stealth until he quits being such an asshole.
((The only thing the cat did to you was say no.))

((Plus you're blaming someone for not identifying correctly the silhouette only, smell-less, non-living, incorporeal shadow creature with no details given about abilities, capabilities, or necessities.))

((Plus, you're the one who decided only the metal cat would do.))

((Maybe you should tell someone why you need their assistance, if you want them to help you.  If you need someone's help or you're dead, tell them that in character.  Literally the only way someone could know that you need to posess someone else is if they were capable of reading your mind.))
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 04:06:59 pm by Devastator »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 15, 2017, 04:08:01 pm »

-bullshit I didn't bother reading beyond checking who it's addressed to-
I'm sorry, did I give you permission to talk to me?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 15, 2017, 04:10:38 pm »

Ahem. There's also the swarm of birds over here.
oh, shoot. 1 sec, editing my action.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 15, 2017, 04:12:07 pm »

Welp. I agree with what he said, so I guess you can decide to ignore everything I say too!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 15, 2017, 04:43:19 pm »

Welp. I agree with what he said, so I guess you can decide to ignore everything I say too!
((I dismiss Dev out of hand because his hostility and bias has been blatant for a very long time. As a result I don't have any respect for his opinions on anything pertaining to myself. however, I guess if you're echoing it, then I'll bother reading and addressing it.

Statement 1 is only true through technicality. the problem isn't him saying no, it's that he's actively making her unable to talk to him.

Statement 2 is just Dev being butthurt Dev, and isn't worth responding too.

Statement 3 is wrong, and the logic is listed in the post Dev quoted.

Statement 4 - She hasn't said anything because Dar literally is running away from her when she tries, and Dar most certainly can outrun her. she would if she could.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 15, 2017, 05:05:38 pm »

Hmm. Oh well, thank you for responding.

I don't think that someone running away from you is something that technically prevents you from talking to them in RTD. Talking is a kinda screwy free action, and your action is to yell at him, so just make that yelling informative.

Also Dev has seemingly failed to say so in his post, but from what I hear PC's aren't your only option here. Apparently your power does extend to NPCs and unintelligent creatures, which are presumably present.

But I think your edit will make this discussion irrelevant as the inciting event gets retconned out of existence, so maybe we're best off editing out this whole discussion.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 15, 2017, 05:07:24 pm »

((Anyways, now that Dev's latest... post is a nicely neutral and factual word. has been responded to. Egan, Valyrie actually physically can't help your character right now. I mean, she could benefit from your character, but your character literally wouldn't get anything in return. It wouldn't cost her anything I suppose, but I'd like to help the team if possible. That's all OOC knowledge however, and considering Dar's reaction, trying to persuade the person who became a murder of crows makes sense from an IC perspective, so gimmie a few hours to chill and I'll write up Val's next move.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 15, 2017, 05:11:16 pm »

((A repeat of this situation could be evaded by giving us more info on your character though. Right now all we know from the rp she's gotten is: An evil-ish looking being with a need to consume living things. Not exactly something that inspires cameraderie and/or confidence.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 15, 2017, 05:13:07 pm »

((Would your powers not help me in a humanoid form blasting magic projectiles? If it wouldn't work with that it seems pretty niche.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 15, 2017, 05:24:01 pm »

((A repeat of this situation could be evaded by giving us more info on your character though. Right now all we know from the rp she's gotten is: An evil-ish looking being with a need to consume living things. Not exactly something that inspires cameraderie and/or confidence.))
((OOC / IC knowledge separation is a thing. If you want to know about her how about you ask her. I'm sorry that I wasn't up to RPing pre-mission, I had some RL issues going on. I'm aware that would have been a better time for it.))
((Would your powers not help me in a humanoid form blasting magic projectiles? If it wouldn't work with that it seems pretty niche.))
((... I would prefer to have Valyrie answer this rather than me do it, because the answer is a mixed a "yes and no" kind of thing, and it's a lot easier to keep IC and OOC knowledge separate if there isn't any OOC knowledge to keep separate.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 15, 2017, 05:30:23 pm »

((I understand wanting to rp your character, but are you going to add that info to your character sheet once you've rp'ed it? Because right now it doesn't tell us anything but your stats, and the sheets are a handy thing to look at if you forget what someone's character looks like/does. Nobody else seems to keep general info like that hidden from their sheets, so I'm wondering why you do.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 15, 2017, 06:54:21 pm »

I'm sorry, did I give you permission to talk to me?

Can I get an apology for this?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 07:01:38 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44