Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: horses and spiders  (Read 80733 times)

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: horses and spiders
« Reply #300 on: July 04, 2017, 03:03:33 pm »

Go outside and look at the chaos and Frederick. How bad is it?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 05, 2017, 01:28:50 am »

Too much stuff happening!  Go flit about at top speed around the city like an overstimulated puppy until I get physically tired enough so my brain can catch up.  If I'm attacked, set things on fire.
(5) you fly over rundown, smelly wood buildings, through a wilted, dusty park, above a crowded, noisy place filled with people and brightly colored cloth roofs, across a blindingly bright river, and into a quieter, but still busy place, where the habitations are made more of stone than of wood, the lanes are wider and straighter, and carriages are pulled by horses. Everywhere you go, people point and stare, scream, or run away. Finally, though, you have to settle down somewhere: this guy is getting pretty heavy, and you're wings are feeling the strain of keeping the two of you up. You cast your eyes about looking for a suitable landing place. Your stomach growls.

Gak stands idly, hands on his hips.

"Well. That was fun. Ish. Captain guy! What now? If you ain't got nothing to do I'll just go fuck about in that crowd over yonder."

If captain doesn't have anything else for me to do, venture into the crowd and do my best to incite a riot.
No. Stop. Don't do that. It might cause trouble. Wouldn't want that. No ... stop."The captain doesn't even look at you as he protests your actions in a dull monotone, while examining a knife and picking his teeth.

(2) you run after a group of people, but somehow never catch up. The last of them disappears down a trap door moments before you get to it. The door latches from beneath.

((@Ozarck, your fart-fu is weak.  Try "Flatulate".))
More like my Google-fu is weak, as that is the word I used first, and the term I searched on, to be sure it was a word. I didn't care, but finding out that it didn't appear to be, and the trivial possibility that there was no technical term, made me laugh, so I changed it.

Try not to scream and cry too piteously as I cling to the dragon for dear life.
Although at least said piteous cries might discourage the local constabulary from employing ranged weapons just yet... but I should really try to feel some exhilaration alongside the terror from this scaly rollercoaster.

(2) no, you cry a lot. You beg for someone to come help you down from these heights. Miraculously, no one shoots at you this round.

Go outside and look at the chaos and Frederick. How bad is it?
People are getting arrested, and others are fighting back. It has the makings of a good riot, but it's mostly contained at the moment. You catch sight of Frederick, flying off  sort of northward. He kinda zigs and zags a bit, and occasionally emits weird beeping sounds as he flies. He is well out of range of the current chaos before you lose sight of him, but undoubtedly, he will be the center of more before the day is out.
"there's one! Get him!" The shout draws your attention to a squad of constables, coming at you fast, billy clubs in hand. They are mere feet away, and next round will be a classic 'roll to dodge' round for you.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 05, 2017, 01:46:24 am »

Water sounds good.  Is there a fountain or a cistern or that river or even a trough around somewhere?  Go land near there, drop whoever I'm carrying and tank up.  If I don't see any water, just land on a high place and rest for a minute.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 05:05:07 am by Devastator »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 05, 2017, 02:16:29 am »

"No-fun fucks! Hiding in the sewers and whatnot, you low-level mooks or whatever the hell you people are I've forgotten already you're boring bye."

Seek out any more crowds in the area. Where'd the dragon go? People are bound to pay attention to that.

If I do happen to find a crowd of people, do my best to start a proper riot.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 06, 2017, 06:41:06 am »

Each time Thrips opened his eyes and looked around a fresh shudder of terror ran through him, prompting him to scrunch them firmly shut again and tighten his grip on the scaly limb carrying him. The tears of fear on his cheeks and chin felt freezing cold up here in the winds of the sky, but that was the least of his worries.
Again and again he imagined his small form plummeting to the ground below, impacting the ground like a bread dough slammed into the workbench of a giant baker. Except instead of grain and flour, he was made of blood and bone, and instead of a nicely-mixed bread product ready for the oven, the results of this 'kneading' would be... it didn't bear thinking about.

If Frederick lands, sit down in a hurry and try to compose myself before taking stock of our situation.
If we keep flying, just... hang on. Hang on and try to stop screaming.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 06, 2017, 01:15:32 pm »

"Kind, brave and undoubtedly, not corrupted (wink) men. I am innocent and was just passing."
I throw my hand up in the air, as if surrendering. When they don't suspect it (or when they do, because they aren't tricked) I fire out a cloud of demon dust (the napalm-like dust) at the constables.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 09, 2017, 04:35:16 am »

Water sounds good.  Is there a fountain or a cistern or that river or even a trough around somewhere?  Go land near there, drop whoever I'm carrying and tank up.  If I don't see any water, just land on a high place and rest for a minute.
You flew in a ways from the river, but you find a fountain in a courtyard.While you are drinking, the courtyard clears. When you look up, there are three being, all different sizes and shapes, but all with the same 'skin.' They seem more like hunters than like the bugs and prey that have been bouncing around in the courtyard before.

Each time Thrips opened his eyes and looked around a fresh shudder of terror ran through him, prompting him to scrunch them firmly shut again and tighten his grip on the scaly limb carrying him. The tears of fear on his cheeks and chin felt freezing cold up here in the winds of the sky, but that was the least of his worries.
Again and again he imagined his small form plummeting to the ground below, impacting the ground like a bread dough slammed into the workbench of a giant baker. Except instead of grain and flour, he was made of blood and bone, and instead of a nicely-mixed bread product ready for the oven, the results of this 'kneading' would be... it didn't bear thinking about.

If Frederick lands, sit down in a hurry and try to compose myself before taking stock of our situation.
If we keep flying, just... hang on. Hang on and try to stop screaming.
(1) you get dropped into a fountain, screaming the whole while. You sit there gibbering for a while, soaked and terrified.

"No-fun fucks! Hiding in the sewers and whatnot, you low-level mooks or whatever the hell you people are I've forgotten already you're boring bye."

Seek out any more crowds in the area. Where'd the dragon go? People are bound to pay attention to that.

If I do happen to find a crowd of people, do my best to start a proper riot.

(4) you scurry as fast as your little metal legs can carry you, yelling the most evocative of battle chants: "WHERE ARE MY PANTS!"
You run right out into a more argumentative area and begin stabbing indiscriminately. This has the intended effect of causing chaos.

"Kind, brave and undoubtedly, not corrupted (wink) men. I am innocent and was just passing."
I throw my hand up in the air, as if surrendering. When they don't suspect it (or when they do, because they aren't tricked) I fire out a cloud of demon dust (the napalm-like dust) at the constables.

(2)your dodge fails, and you get a good smack upside the head. (3) you stagger backward dizzily and offended. (6) and, with your last conscious breath, you expel a cloud of the demon dust. Screams of agony follow you into the darkness, where strange tinny, echoing chittering greets you.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 09, 2017, 05:06:54 am »

Are the hunters flying?  Or are they on the ground?

This isn't my territory anyway.  Just take off again, find something to munch on, and bring some food back to wherever I last slept.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 07:08:08 am by Devastator »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 09, 2017, 06:47:02 pm »

Sneak away to a different part of the crowd and repeat!
Sig! Onol

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 10, 2017, 02:30:23 pm »

Try to wake up (I know you can't actually try that) and see where I am.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 10, 2017, 09:22:00 pm »

Are the hunters flying?  Or are they on the ground?

This isn't my territory anyway.  Just take off again, find something to munch on, and bring some food back to wherever I last slept.
They are on the ground. You launch and fly off. As you fly out of the courtyard, you feel a sudden, sharp pain in your left leg, as of something biting you. You roar in surprise and pain.

Sneak away to a different part of the crowd and repeat!
(3) you get a little further in, and stab again. There is some pushback though, and you are trampled a bit. You're really starting to feel the metal fatigue as the battle goes on.

Try to wake up (I know you can't actually try that) and see where I am.
(6) you come fully awake. You are laying flat, head turned sideways, staring into wide, terrified eyes. The being before you is covered in red welt, which are ringed by a strange blackness. Your body is perfectly immobile.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 10, 2017, 11:11:36 pm »

Start throwing things and setting shit on fire! How's the riot-in-being coming along?
Sig! Onol

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 10, 2017, 11:26:13 pm »

Take a quick look back to make sure there's nothing hanging on.  Then fly at low altitude, looking for a place to hole up and examine the wound.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 06:01:17 am by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 11, 2017, 01:37:54 am »

Dar'yajira, currently in metal form, looks around at his surroundings.  Is the path to the caravan obvious?  If so, he'll immediately start heading towards it, ignoring his "allies".  If it's near enough to see, he'll sneak closer and examine how many people and soldiers there are.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 11, 2017, 09:05:44 pm »

Can I see these 'hunters'? If so, do they appear to have seen me? If I've been spotted, splash about wildly, gasping for breath and generally playing the part of the average, half-drowned dragon attack-survivor whilst attempting to extricate myself from the fountain.

If I don't think they've seen me, crouch down in the fountain and hide as best as I am able until they (hopefully) leave.
Of course, if I don't even know they're there I will most likely just... thrash about gasping for breath and attempting to extricate myself from the water, no performance necessary.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44