Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: horses and spiders  (Read 80673 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: horses and spiders
« Reply #270 on: June 13, 2017, 04:45:45 pm »

First time I've gotten a chance to get on here during the trip. I've been dealing with a blown head gasket. Maybe. Three days and counting, and the car isn't even home yet, let alone to a mechanic. So I don't even know if the car is salvageable, and if it is, will it be repaired before I need to be back home. Hang tight you guys. Wish me luck.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 13, 2017, 05:56:58 pm »

Well damn. Best of luck.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 13, 2017, 06:14:28 pm »

Ouch.  Head gaskets are a pain.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 13, 2017, 06:49:31 pm »

Only when they break :/

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 26, 2017, 07:21:40 pm »

Dig my talons into the floor to get a comfortable grip.  This could take a while.  Also, how high is the ceiling here?  High enough to fly indoors?  Pounce?  Stand?  Or just crawl?

If someone inevitably puts the dragon in the fight cage, just eat whatever comes out.

The ceiling is high enough for you to fly. It is about ... mmm .. five or six times your own height. (2) no one seems prepared to put an animal up against a draconoid such as yourself at the moment.

Gak draws a finger across his throat, smiling as he does so.

He's big, I'm small. Get in close where he can't do much and cut one of his femoral arteries. Then have some fun with him until he bleeds out.
(2) v. (3) the guy leaps aside as you come in swinging. He keeps a reasonable distance between you, but is unable to pick up his preferred weapon, having been distracted with the codpiece.

Thrips scuffs to a halt, blinking a bit, then squinting as he did his best to follow the youth's quick speech.
"A game? What kind a' game?" He asked, cautiously, after a moment's consideration and with a brief glance in the captain's direction as he started to speak. That did indeed sound interesting. Thrips liked games, he was pretty sure, although he'd never had much time for playing them during his rather stressful and unpleasant life-so-far.

Stop and ask just what manner of game this fellow is talking about. Games are fun, right?
"It's called 'find the lady' easey peasey. They show you the lady, then they hide her in the cards. then you point out which is her. And then you win big. Now, you in for five? how bout it?" The kid smiles up at you. His encouragement feels heartwarming. Finally, someone sees your true potential.

Still follow the captain. He needs help if something happens.
The captain stops suddenly, but casually, and nudges you on the leg with his hand hidden between himself and you. Southwest corner of the room. up on the balcony. wearing the brown and tan outfit. Black hair, scar on his left side. That's our target. Almost as soon as he finishes saying this, a murmur starts up on the east side of the room. people are shifting, and runners are making their way through the crowd. Heads are swivelling eastward.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 26, 2017, 08:47:23 pm »

Good, got enough room here to turn around.  Time for some self-grooming.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 09:04:08 pm by Devastator »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 27, 2017, 01:26:37 am »

"Ooh, er, a'right," Thrips mumbles, looking down as he rummages through the still-unfamiliar pockets of his stolen coat.
When he straightens back up, a fistful of coins clutched in one hand, he actually looks rather enthusiastic- apart from a quick, uncertain glance in the Captain's direction, of course. "Well, right, take me to 'em then!"

Fish five of the smallest-denomination coins from the clump in my pocket, then accompany the lad to the game-runners he's apparently spruiking for and prepare to participate in some gambling. As long as the Captain doesn't appear to be expecting anything from me, I suppose- try to slink away without him noticing. He seems distracted, anyway.      
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 27, 2017, 05:17:25 pm »

Attack the feet to stop his movement! Then he'll be helpless!
Sig! Onol

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 28, 2017, 07:20:03 pm »

Good, got enough room here to turn around.  Time for some self-grooming.
(2) you turn around, and knock three sapients off their feet. This causes shouting in your direction. You gnaw thoughtfully on the base of your tail.

"Ooh, er, a'right," Thrips mumbles, looking down as he rummages through the still-unfamiliar pockets of his stolen coat.
When he straightens back up, a fistful of coins clutched in one hand, he actually looks rather enthusiastic- apart from a quick, uncertain glance in the Captain's direction, of course. "Well, right, take me to 'em then!"

Fish five of the smallest-denomination coins from the clump in my pocket, then accompany the lad to the game-runners he's apparently spruiking for and prepare to participate in some gambling. As long as the Captain doesn't appear to be expecting anything from me, I suppose- try to slink away without him noticing. He seems distracted, anyway.      
You play a round of "find the lady" and win. Easy peasey, just like the guy said. you now have 5 more small coins. "Go again, mate! looking good! Raise the bet, neh?"

Attack the feet to stop his movement! Then he'll be helpless!
(6) v (1) you cut off the man's toes on one foot. he roars and begins hopping, only to fall on his ass, holding one foot.

(6) a loud bell rings out, followed by a shout: "Scatter! the authorities are coming"
this causes pandemonium, knocking the bet table over onto Thrips, sending people crashing into Frederick, and in general creating an uproar. About hte only people not affected are in the cage match.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 28, 2017, 08:19:49 pm »

Get these people off me.  Roar.  Get airborne if people keep crowding me.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 08:23:41 pm by Devastator »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 29, 2017, 01:03:41 am »

"YEEEEAH! EAT IT, BITCH!"

Gak chuckles. "Quite literally, as a matter of fact."

Force feed the guy's toes to him!
Sig! Onol

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 29, 2017, 02:18:09 pm »

"What should we do captain, my captain?"
I follow the commander.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 29, 2017, 03:06:53 pm »

You could attack the target, (or block his escape or something.) you're not an animal that needs direction.  ;-p

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 29, 2017, 06:21:29 pm »

"Ha! I guess maybe ah'm good at thi-- aaahh!"
Thrips can't help but let out a short yelp of fright as the room erupts into chaos and he is bowled over. Quickly though, he shuts up and focuses on wriggling out from under the table, trying to free himself from this entanglement so as to better scramble to safety.   

Fight down panic and un-pin myself, then crouch down and use the table for cover as I take stock of the situation and the locations of my teammates. Remember to cling onto my coinage, too! Stuff it safely back into my coat pocket if I've a moment to do so. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 29, 2017, 08:54:27 pm »

Get these people off me.  Roar.  Get airborne if people keep crowding me.
(5) you lash out and send a dozen sapients flying in all directions, roaring and snarling. A circle of emptiness appears around you and is not intruded on again. You did your claws in and spread your wings, ready to launch at a moment's notice.

"YEEEEAH! EAT IT, BITCH!"

Gak chuckles. "Quite literally, as a matter of fact."

Force feed the guy's toes to him!
(2) v (5) you grab the guy's toes and approach his face. he grabs your head and begins slamming you into the floor, with force. (1) you black out.

"What should we do captain, my captain?"
I follow the commander.
The commander leans casually against a pillar, right in the middle of the room. Weeeelllllll, now. Lessee. We'll get ol' knives, sooner or later. For now though, a little chaos is in order. The law's about to come down hard, but they've picked no soft target tonight. A little push, and the town might go up in flames, neh? What'dya say, mate? wanna stir the pot?

"Ha! I guess maybe ah'm good at thi-- aaahh!"
Thrips can't help but let out a short yelp of fright as the room erupts into chaos and he is bowled over. Quickly though, he shuts up and focuses on wriggling out from under the table, trying to free himself from this entanglement so as to better scramble to safety.   

Fight down panic and un-pin myself, then crouch down and use the table for cover as I take stock of the situation and the locations of my teammates. Remember to cling onto my coinage, too! Stuff it safely back into my coat pocket if I've a moment to do so. 
(3) (4) you manage to hold your composure, mostly. the coins lay forgotten in the dust though as you brace yourself behind the overturned table. It's like the whole place suddenly turned into a stampede, or like how the kitchens back home looked at meal prep during Saint Vechan's Feast.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 44