Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Scum of the Empire (IC) - Chapter 2!  (Read 24848 times)

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Scum of the Empire (IC thread!)
« Reply #420 on: April 24, 2017, 12:39:08 am »

"A fair enough question, I suppose," the mage noted the edge all the while, hopefully the archer would get that checked in the future, be a damn shame if he cut himself with it, "in truth though, I don't really care about the what of the situation... compared to much of the how. porkings mentioned something about suspected arson via fire magic, but yet here you are with a bow instead of a tome. I can sense the potential in you though... look, there's no point in you trying to be so guarded about it; we're both in the same boat here, more or less. Two unauthorized magic users with alleged murder charges over their heads- not that I personally woke up that morning eager to kill someone, nor did I exactly revel in it as it was happening. And I don't think you did either, for that matter."

"Heh, I guess you got me there." I guess it was a dead give away if one were to pay attention. He might as well tell the man, no reason to hide it anymore.

"To be honest I'm not too sure what happened that night. One moment I was just doing my regular bow practice routine then the target suddenly caught flames and I didn't exactly have a water bucket on hand, ready to put out spontaneous flames. Apparently I had summon some anima magic unknowingly. Also being in a forest near a coal mine didn't help either and I'm sure you can piece the rest together. So what about you? I told my story, what's yours and this "murder in self-defense" if I remember correctly?"

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 24, 2017, 01:05:09 am »

"I was in a hurry to get somewhere, and I needed a bit... more coin than what I had to cross the waters... that greedy, extorting little fuck of a fisher-ahem...I mean, regardless..." he shook away whatever he'd been about to say, continuing on with the story "I'm a betting man...but only because I know precisely how the coin will land every time. Naturally, I went about trying to make up the difference the one way I knew how, a friendly wager. Unfortunately, in my haste to get things settled, I'd neglected to notice the man across from me was a fellow thunder mage... and well, out of his damn mind, as it turned out. Bastard was on top of me in no time, was going to either gouge out my eyes or start bashing my brains against the stones, maybe both, in that order, who knows. I had to choose either him or me, in that split moment, and I chose myself. The poor, crazy bastard's quite dead now, obviously, and I lost a damn good coin that day. But enough of that...
      About that fire, you mean to tell me that until that moment, never before in your life had you conjured anything? Didn't start a few small fires on accident as a tyke, never showed off for your friends by calling up a few embers, or felt drawn to the hearth a bit... too closely? I've met men with similar cases to yours, who could imbue magic into their weapons without even consciously thinking about it...but even they had claimed to have shown some signs of potential in childhood, albeit having been denied the opportunities to hone it for one reason or another..."
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 01:11:03 am by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 24, 2017, 01:07:21 am »

: "Hmph. No, I just do not see the need to do so."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 24, 2017, 01:14:34 am »

"Fine. Nevermind then."

Wolf found a comfortable place on her own and sat with her back to a tree.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 07:55:04 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #424 on: April 24, 2017, 10:40:19 am »

Gawen turned toward the singer. An interesting figure, to be sure. Another foreign noble - of lesser rank than herself, but that particular distinction didn't matter in this land - and possessed of unusual talent.

"To turn to a somewhat less grim topic. . . Lady Ghamina, you say you are a noble from Al-Cules? I am curious about your homeland."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 24, 2017, 11:51:46 am »

"I was in a hurry to get somewhere, and I needed a bit... more coin than what I had to cross the waters... that greedy, extorting little fuck of a fisher-ahem...I mean, regardless..." he shook away whatever he'd been about to say, continuing on with the story "I'm a betting man...but only because I know precisely how the coin will land every time. Naturally, I went about trying to make up the difference the one way I knew how, a friendly wager. Unfortunately, in my haste to get things settled, I'd neglected to notice the man across from me was a fellow thunder mage... and well, out of his damn mind, as it turned out. Bastard was on top of me in no time, was going to either gouge out my eyes or start bashing my brains against the stones, maybe both, in that order, who knows. I had to choose either him or me, in that split moment, and I chose myself. The poor, crazy bastard's quite dead now, obviously, and I lost a damn good coin that day. But enough of that...
      About that fire, you mean to tell me that until that moment, never before in your life had you conjured anything? Didn't start a few small fires on accident as a tyke, never showed off for your friends by calling up a few embers, or felt drawn to the hearth a bit... too closely? I've met men with similar cases to yours, who could imbue magic into their weapons without even consciously thinking about it...but even they had claimed to have shown some signs of potential in childhood, albeit having been denied the opportunities to hone it for one reason or another..."

Gambling huh. Well I guess doing stuff like that will eventually lead to murder incidents and not so good situations. But at least he didn't go out of his way to kill him. Though one man to Aaron's many is nothing in comparison.

"No, not once. I am just as confused as you are about it and I haven't been able to replicate it since. Nor have I tried for that matter. I don't even know where to begin or the basics of channeling anima magic."

"I guess in a way I'm a ticking time bomb for another blast of fire. Heh heh heh..."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 24, 2017, 11:54:06 am »

Gawen turned toward the singer. An interesting figure, to be sure. Another foreign noble - of lesser rank than herself, but that particular distinction didn't matter in this land - and possessed of unusual talent.

"To turn to a somewhat less grim topic. . . Lady Ghamina, you say you are a noble from Al-Cules? I am curious about your homeland."

Ghamina glanced up from where she had been humming to herself.
"I am, yes. The al-Ghul family is an old and honourable one. We own- owned a great deal of trade that went through Kayleigh. Oranges, sugar, opium and tobacco."
"All ashes now, I suppose."
"What do you wish to know? \It has been a long while since I've spoken of my homeland."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #427 on: April 24, 2017, 12:27:35 pm »

"To avoid the mistake a particular obnoxious scholar made. . .
"I suppose I should start with a question about you. How did you come to be such a talented singer? It's an odd occupation for a noblewoman, in my home."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 24, 2017, 12:45:39 pm »

"No, not once. I am just as confused as you are about it and I haven't been able to replicate it since. Nor have I tried for that matter. I don't even know where to begin or the basics of channeling anima magic."

"I guess in a way I'm a ticking time bomb for another blast of fire. Heh heh heh..."
Alain grimaces at the casual remark towards such a gross lack of control- even with his trained tolerance, the idea of getting a little roasted in his sleep was not one he appreciated, even if he'd still yet to find a blaze that could burn anywhere near as hot as what he'd already endured. Regardless, He manages to shake the thought away and nullify the expression soon enough, as he holds out a single hand, palm towards the sky. A small, orange glow begins to fill the air just above it.

"Perhaps... yes, that could be an apt analogy. But only if you allow yourself to be, my good fellow. You're an anomaly, I'll give this case that, but you've also never even tried to control it before. Hmmm... yes, I think your issue is, you've got the talent, but lack the mindsight- who knows, that might explain why it never showed until recently, perhaps you simply suppressed it without even knowing. What could cause you to do such a thing, I don't quite know, but... channeling Anima is easier than you probably think, my friend-" at the very same moment the last sentence came from his mouth, the air above his hand erupted into a pillar of ember and ash, spiralling upward for a good foot or two into the air before condensing back down, tightening it's form, it's heat and it's raw vigor, into the shape of a single, burning rose held between the Thunder Mage's fingers. Al kept the construct alive as he continued speaking, as if it were mere child's play.
    "As a... dear friend once taught me: In all things, there is a small well of magic, and to each thing in the natural world, a spirit which makes it's home in said well. All those of us with the Talent for Anima do, is call out to these spirits, and when they answer, they bring their power with them. It's as simple as that, at it's most basic level. If your heart and your mind are behind it, often times that alone will be enough draw their attention... do you understand so far, Archer?"
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 12:49:21 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 24, 2017, 12:47:40 pm »

"To avoid the mistake a particular obnoxious scholar made. . .

William paused in his conversation with the probably-evil priest, peering suspiciously up at the sky.

: "Does anyone else feel an odd chill?"

: "Hm.  Perhaps it was just me."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 24, 2017, 03:46:48 pm »

"It's odder that your nobility doesn't, to tell the truth..."
"As ladies of high lineage, it's beneath us to grub around learning how to fight with weapons or haggle with merchants. A lady of Al-Cules should busy herself with a more refined subject - the pursuit of beauty. I had music tutors from a young age. When my natural talent was discovered, well...I have had tutors from all parts of the Khanate and even the Empire. There was even an elf, for a time. A uncanny creature."
"I can also paint and draw calligraphy, though such things have rather less utility in our current situation."
"You called yourself a mountain princess, yes? I assume from your attire you had more of a rough upbringing than I."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #431 on: April 24, 2017, 04:10:16 pm »

Gawen nods.

"Rough would not be the term I would use, but it's expected in many of the mountain realms that any noble should be able to serve as a leader and a rallying point on the battlefield, even if warfare is not one's primary occupation."
"I've always had more martial than marital talent, so it was only natural to continue my education in the former at the expense of the latter."
"I'm afraid my artistic talents are largely nonexistent; the closest thing I received to your education would be my etiquette lessons."
GM of Trespassers V2.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 24, 2017, 05:36:15 pm »

"A lady swinging a sword would be seen as terribly crass, back in Al-Cules. Certainly, they'd never visit a recent battlefield, let alone fight on one. The matters of war were left to men."
"I suppose magic would not be quite so shameful for a woman to learn, and certainly it would not leave the scars and unsightly muscles needed for swordplay. Perhaps I will have to learn some, if we are to be forced to fight. I can't rely on these fools to protect me."
"Hmmph. These louts that are our captors have no notion of how to treat women of standing, do they?"

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 24, 2017, 06:09:23 pm »

"Perhaps... yes, that could be an apt analogy. But only if you allow yourself to be, my good fellow. You're an anomaly, I'll give this case that, but you've also never even tried to control it before. Hmmm... yes, I think your issue is, you've got the talent, but lack the mindsight- who knows, that might explain why it never showed until recently, perhaps you simply suppressed it without even knowing. What could cause you to do such a thing, I don't quite know, but... channeling Anima is easier than you probably think, my friend-"

"As a... dear friend once taught me: In all things, there is a small well of magic, and to each thing in the natural world, a spirit which makes it's home in said well. All those of us with the Talent for Anima do, is call out to these spirits, and when they answer, they bring their power with them. It's as simple as that, at it's most basic level. If your heart and your mind are behind it, often times that alone will be enough draw their attention... do you understand so far, Archer?"

"A small well of magic huh... and a spirit lives inside that?" Aaron crosses his arms. "Alright, seems simple enough. So what you're saying is that I have to call upon these spirits to control the magic? So how exactly would I go about calling them or how do you go about it? I assume it's not as easy as it looks."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #434 on: April 24, 2017, 06:28:46 pm »

"It truly is shameful. Really, can you blame the wastelanders for invading them?"
Gawen shakes her head.
"Regardless. It's still strange for me to imagine your homeland. What does the land itself look like, anyway? I'd imagine quite different from my own."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33