Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Scum of the Empire (IC) - Chapter 2!  (Read 24796 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Scum of the Empire (IC thread!)
« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2017, 04:28:46 pm »

Ghamina pulled her glove back on with a sour expression. Did you not think of that, you camel-brained morons?
She also made a note to seduce the man's fiancée just to get revenge.

"Now you are done mutilating the hands of a musician, I suppose I have to ask. What is this item, and what makes it so valuable?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2017, 06:51:07 pm »

"Hmm, Eastland, Eastland. Ah. I know."

"Does name Bolferos mean anything to you?"

: "I believe my father may have mentioned that name in one of his letters, but that's about it."

Ghamina pulled her glove back on with a sour expression. Did you not think of that, you camel-brained morons?
She also made a note to seduce the man's fiancée just to get revenge.

"Now you are done mutilating the hands of a musician, I suppose I have to ask. What is this item, and what makes it so valuable?"

: "I will leave the exact description to my fiancee, as she knows more about it than I do. Suffice to say, it may hold the key to securing the Empire's interior at long last."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2017, 06:55:39 pm »

: "If you say so, General."

The shaman didn't even bother to hide his skepticism.  Though there were hints, here and there, that whatever he actually wanted really was important.  If only to him and his spouse-to-be.  What it could be that still necessitated convicts to acquire...

: "So!  When did you say we leave?  Fond as I've become of damp and mold, I'm eager to stretch my legs and see the sun again."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2017, 07:04:01 pm »

Yara perked up once most of the other talk was out of the way and leaving was mentioned (by one of the condescending assholes, but y'know, still).

"You said my wyvern was in the stables."

"So if we're leaving... can I go get him, or what?"

Look at her. Asking permission. She almost didn't care.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2017, 07:06:57 pm »

"I see."

Wolf again crossed her arms and tapped her claws against the armor impatiently. Whatever test she had been giving the General, it seemed she was not impressed with the result.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2017, 07:13:38 pm »

: "You leave immediately. My men have already gathered appropriate items from the armory, and horses are being prepared for most of you. And yes, your wyvern as well, miss. I want all of you well on your way before the midnight hour." Eastland turned to Porkins. "Do you have anything you wish to add?" The captain nodded, and faced the row of new recruits.

: "You're all being given a rare opportunity. I know it might not seem that way right now, but there are plenty of men out there who would kill for a chance to escape the consequences of their wrongdoings. Stick with me, fight by my side, and I will do my utmost to get you home for your pardons. Attempt to flee, or betray us..." - his eyes flashed toward Adrien for a split second before returning to face the crowd at large - "...and I will personally track you down to the ends of the earth and rip your heart out with my bare hands. Now get upstairs to the courtyard. We will meet up with the General's fiancee and be on our way."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2017, 07:23:56 pm »

"Indeed."

The tall woman rolled her shoulders and stretched, then headed out to the courtyard to wait for the horses, supplies, and fiancée to be delivered.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2017, 07:28:11 pm »

"Understood. Thank you for the opportunity, General." Keep calm, speak respectfully... Miranda really, really did not want to botch this chance at not having her head chopped off or her neck snapped or whatever execution they'd planned. She headed out to the courtyard.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2017, 07:31:15 pm »

: "Fight?  Ah, so we are expected to kill for a chance to escape the consequences of our (alleged) wrongdoings."

He tsked, apparently unconcerned about the threat of having his heart ripped out.  Not terribly different from having his head cut off, so far as he was concerned.  You were dead either way.

: "Still, still!  I've no interest in dallying in this pit any longer.  Au revoir, General."

William gave the man a gracious bow, then hurried on after the Wolf.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2017, 07:33:03 pm »

: "Rip my heart out if I betray you? You make it sound so tempting"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2017, 07:53:29 pm »

Up in the courtyard, soldiers and grooms bustled about preparing the recruits for departure. Horses (including a rather magnificent charger) were laden with supplies and bundled with weapons. The weapons were tied into their sheathes and scabbards, to keep them from being used right away; Eastland wasn't about to take too many chances.

Panicked grooms did their best to calm a pissed-off wyvern, while others carefully examined the wings of a beautiful pegasus for bent feathers. Standing close by, comforting the creature, was a young woman with dirty blonde hair. She and Eastland spoke to each other in low voices, then kissed before she mounted the flying creature. Clearly, this was the General's fiancee.

Once everyone had mounted up, orders were shouted to open the castle gates. Eastland took one final look at the group.

: "Ride hard. Stay alive. Do not fail. Go."

: "We won't let you down, sir. Hi-yah!" Porkins' charger reared up and then took off into the night, followed by the horses of the recruits. They were on their way.

Dawn was only a couple of hours away when Porkins finally called a halt in a small forest clearing.

: "We'll rest here until the sun comes up. Sleep if you wish, just don't wander off too far. We're well outside Castle Konrad's regular patrol range, and anything could be lurking out here."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2017, 08:06:56 pm »

Ghamina got off the horse with relief. Her butt was sore from the hard ride, considering she was more used to carriages than actually being on a horse. She stretched her legs and hummed a few resonant notes. Those close might find a feeling of energy returning to them, should they be listening...

"I wonder if this flute is as well maintained as these soldiers are brutish."
She glanced up at the dirty blonde woman who had accompanied them without a word. There was an opportunity there, perhaps.
For now, thought, perhaps she'd best share some comradeship with her ex-cellmates. Hah!

Not like she could fight or flee well on her own, though. She'd have to find a way to discuss earning their freedom in a rather more effecient manner than what their overlord had offered.

"If you're tired, listen! You'll hear what made me one of the greatest musicians in Al-Cules."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2017, 08:16:57 pm »

Wolf dismounted and tied her horse's reins to a tree. She didn't like riding; horses tended to be scared of her and it was annoying trying to keep them in line. Once on her feet, she found a comfortable spot and crouched, elbows on knees, fingers linked together.

"If you must sing, do so. But not like those two, or I vill hit you."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2017, 08:21:13 pm »

The general's fiancee spoke up for the first time.

: "Is that truly wise? What if something hears you?"

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2017, 08:22:25 pm »

Yara landed her wyvern with a heavy thud - accompanied by several more thuds as the wyvern proceeded to stomp around a bit until it was satisfied enough to lie down, or perhaps because it just liked the noise after being cooped up for so long.

She dismounted, stripped off her riding gloves, and stood there for a moment. Her hand was on her wyvern's side, and she felt... whole again.

Well, the others were here, so she couldn't get too mushy. Best not to even think about it.

She crossed her arms and leaned back into her wyvern's resting form, intending to allow herself to drift off for a bit, though she did crack open an eye as Ghamina's words caught her attention.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33