Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Scum of the Empire (IC) - Chapter 2!  (Read 24789 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Scum of the Empire (IC thread!)
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2017, 10:44:26 am »

Miranda keeps her gaze steady. She'd made her case and they ignored her, but they'd find the truth at some point. If she was dead by then, it was on their heads, but hopefully this would be a chance to avoid that. In any case, she wouldn't give them the satisfaction of seeing her afraid.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2017, 10:57:48 am »

Ghamina met the general's gaze, defiant.
"Hmph. The confession of a liar. I'm a lady of honour, no matter what some poison-peddler says."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2017, 10:59:21 am »

After a moment the red-haired man nodded, and the captain continued introducing his prisoners.

: "Yara of Palagonia. Part of a protection racket extorting goods and money from under-defended villages. When the Palagonian Guard finally caught up to them, she and her wyvern were captured."

: "So that's why a great lizard is currently tied up in my stables..."

: "Gawen Cawallader. She claims to be a 'Mountain Princess' of some sort, but no one has attempted to claim her so I think her story's bunk. She was arrested for trying to interfere with a lawful, unrelated arrest, using lethal force."

: "Next up calls himself Aaron Hawkright. Hails from Deros. Charged with setting a coal mine on fire - with fatal results - and unlicensed use of magic. That appears to be how he started the fire."

: "Hmph." The newcomer scowled at the prisoners in general and Aaron in particular.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2017, 11:03:15 am »

Edmund diverted another glance at Aaron. More unlicensed magic? This was setting up to be an interesting group.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2017, 11:03:47 am »

Alain met the man's hardened gaze with one of his own, yet at the same time lacking the defiance one might expect from such boldness. 
Unauthorized magic? Fine, fair enough, technically speaking, he never did get around to seeking proper registration. Never had a reason to with her around. Murder though? Yeah, there were a lot of things he regretted, even more things he wasn't proud of, sure... but that fiasco wasn't one of them. Bastard would've fried him or worse if he hadn't finished it first...

As they passed him by and the names and charges of the others were read out though, he couldn't help but glance at the blonde man when his time came. Setting a Coal Mine on fire... with Anima, eh? Maybe the wimp had more fang to him than he thought. Or maybe he was just some fool who had toyed about with forces he didn't understand and made others pay the price for it...
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2017, 11:04:08 am »

Yara glared at the two men, crossing her arms and drawing herself to as full a height as she could manage.

There was no wyvern behind her now, but she still could channel some of that confidence and terror she had always borrowed from him.

Yet the effect was somewhat diminished - the General's offhand statement had filled her with more hope than she dared show.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 11:39:18 am by Gaterhyme »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2017, 11:38:40 am »

The captain scowled before speaking again.

: "As you might've expected, I've saved the worst for last."

: "Edmund Brauner, from Heartland. Arrested for inquiring into the purchase of blood magic tomes. He's also under suspicion for a number of hex-related crimes, but so far the investigators haven't found anything solid."

: "William Warwick, from Sukiamer. The old man was arrested before he could get his hands on any forbidden tomes, but this one actually had at least one in his possession, and was attempting to learn how to use it. He was charged with malfeasance and conspiracy to commit treason." The captain's scowl became even deeper at the sight of the last prisoner. Fury flashed in his eyes.

: "Compared to this one however, the rest are practically nuns. Adrien of Rasparol. This man voluntarily joined Abih's forces, becoming a squad leader and joining in the Wastelander's rampage. He was captured just after the Battle of Grenoga, in which he had actively fought for the invading side." The captain spat on the floor in front of Adrien's feet. "These rest may be scum, sir, but this one...he's a traitor. He doesn't deserve anything but death."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2017, 11:47:46 am »

: I deny everything. Edmund kept his expression as deadpan as possible.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2017, 11:49:05 am »

: "Hmph, treason. At least you've put me in like-minded company."
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 11:56:26 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2017, 12:03:55 pm »

"Speak for yourself!"
"I would never work for the Cruel after what they did."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2017, 12:23:17 pm »

: "Don't you try to minimize your crimes, you swine. You participated in the rape and murder of your own countrymen! I oughta--"

: "Enough, Captain." The general looked far from happy, but he spoke mildly. "Now then. What is your assessment? Can we count on them?"

: "Frankly sir, I wouldn't pay half a day's wages for the lot of them."

: "I'm afraid they're all we have."

: "Then I suppose I will make do." The captain sighed, while the general stepped back so he could face all of the prisoners at once.

: "Men and women, I am General Eastland. You have all been sentenced to death for crimes both numerous and terrible. Your executions are scheduled for the morning. Nothing can save you from your fate, except for a pardon, and I am the only man in a hundred miles that can grant such a pardon. Fortunately for you, I have a...sensitive matter than I need done, for the security of the Empire rests upon it. If you return successful, you will not only receive a full and complete pardon for your crimes but also a chest full of gold each.

"If you volunteer, step forward and hold out your left hand. Master Branwich will mark you in order to seal the contract."
Master Branwich, it seemed, was the hooded man in the corner, by the lit brazier. He held one of the metal rods resting among the coals up. The glowing end of each rod was formed in the shape of a skull.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2017, 12:28:13 pm »

Miranda wasted no time at all, stepping forward with left hand out. She didn't doubt that this was probably a suicide mission, or they'd have sent proper soldiers, but now there was a chance where none had been before and she was glad for that.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2017, 12:30:57 pm »

"So how big of a chest are we talking, anyway?"

But she didn't really care. Whatever this meant in the end, she would not choose to lose her wyvern a second time. If there was even a chance they weren't lying...

Yara stepped forward and held out her hand without waiting for the answer.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2017, 12:36:08 pm »

: "Heheheh. You must truly be scraping the bottom of the barrel for soldiers if you're pressing me into service."
Adrien then stepped forward and held out his left hand for the brand, smirking all the while.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2017, 12:36:56 pm »

Edmund slowly stepped forward with his hand extended.

: Heh... See?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33