Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Archmage: The Blood of Magic  (Read 13720 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Archmage: The Blood of Magic
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2017, 08:57:50 pm »

Add my point to Might.

Spend however long it takes to research the following spells, and spend the rest on improving my spellcasting.

Spoiler: Bigger Laser (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Minor Fireball (click to show/hide)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 30, 2017, 02:40:41 pm »

Revised version of my turn:

Year 1: Have child (by NPC husband). Put bonus experience into Mental.
Years 1-5: Raise own child and that of Raelius. Then hand both off to Raelius to take care of for the next five years.
Years 6-10: Research Elixir of Life (Primitive). Practice magic with any time left over.
Year 11: Teach up to four people, of which one is my child, Healing Touch. (Since it only takes half a year to teach)
Years 12-13: Me: Train along with my soldiers, lest their skills be needed (Might 2 -> 3) | Child: Practice Magic 1 year, Might the next (Mental 1 -> 2, Might 1 -> 2)

Fort knot (I really want to rename it since I was the first to think of fortifying the seal, even if I scheduled it for later in the year)
What do you want to call it? We can still change the name.

If anyone is interested, I still have 2 slots available for learning Healing Touch in year 11. Perhaps some kids might like to learn a cantrip?
Long Live United Forenia!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2017, 03:01:11 pm »

If anyone is interested, I still have 2 slots available for learning Healing Touch in year 11. Perhaps some kids might like to learn a cantrip?
My child, Arrieta, can join the lessons.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2017, 04:20:02 am »

@Shadowcaw: Arrieta will come of age at tthe end of year ten, everyone else will come of age at the end of year eleven, as they will be conceived one year after she was.

Anyway, turns. I've modified people's actions slightly to reflect the above.

Nirir Torir
Spoiler: Raellius Rennin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rennin Jr. (click to show/hide)

Taricus
Spoiler: Sara Galliene (click to show/hide)

Shadowclaw
Spoiler: Leotherm Hatio (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arrieta Hatio (click to show/hide)

S34N1C
Spoiler: Antonius Lucio (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lucio Jr. (click to show/hide)

Dustan Hache
Spoiler: Count Tridian (click to show/hide)

Roboson
Spoiler: Lewis Lumiere (click to show/hide)

Nuke9.13
Spoiler: Hera Harinus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Harinus Jr. (click to show/hide)

A lot of people have been trying to teach their children spells that are too high tier for them to learn. They will need to learn a tier 1 spell, and practice for a bit before they can learn higher tier ones. Some people have also forgotten to assign their xp reward from the crisis. That or I missed it when going through the posts. Finally, a few people have blank years, due to one reason or another. I'd recommend filling them.

Anti-Magic Dart Volley (2) - [Counter][Ranged][Short Cast] A burst of three Magic Darts, the key difference being that it disrupts enchantments and magical energy on a hit, rather than causing physical trauma.
Elixir of Life, Primitive (5) - [Expense][Life][Potion] Regular intake of this potion returns natural vigour and youth to an individual, effectively making them ten years younger, if they were to stop drinking the potion, their true age would catch up with them. The reagents required for this are all expensive, rare & obscure. Maintaining a supply for one person will cost two wealth.
Evoke Rock Shard (2) - [Earth][Ranged][Short Cast] Summons a small piece of sharp rock, approximately the size of a man's fist and forcefully projects it away from the caster.
Fire Ball, Lesser (3) - [Fire][Ranged][Short Cast] Creates a small ball of fire, appromiamtely the size of a man's fist and forcefully projects it away from the caster. On impact, the fireball will explode, dealing damage to a small area.
Laser Beam, Greater (5) - [Fire][Ranged][Short Cast] Similar in most respects to Laser Beam, but with general improved range, damage and duration.
Lightning Storm (6) - [Area][Ritual Cast][Weather] Artificial air currents draws waterladen clouds together. The pressure causes rain to form, and the swirling winds and clouds generates lightning over a mile area. This can be "targeted" to an extent. The less water there is in the sky, the longer the storm will take to form.
Magic Dart (1) - [Physical][Ranged][Short Cast] Creates a solid piece of magic and launches it away from the caster. Has the approximate range and effectiveness as an arrow.
Seal Scanner (4) - [Artifact][Clairvoyance][Expense][Ritual Cast] This spell observes the flows, threads, bindings and such like that make up the myriad enchantments of the Seal. These observations are then recorded and stored within precious stones. The recordings can be played back at a later date, however the heightened senses granted by an artifact is required in order to have any hope of perceiving the information correctly. A year's worth of recording will cost three wealth in precious stones.
Spirit Wall, Selective (4) - [Barrier][Long Cast][Spirit] Identical in most respects to Spirit Wall, however instead of blocking everything, this spell allows those bearing a specially enchanted signet ring to pass through. Only someone who knows this spell can produce these rings.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2017, 06:49:20 am »

Spoiler: Revised Arrieta's Turn (click to show/hide)

(I guess if their are years that are missing, just assume they went Practicing Magic if the actions aren't revised. And if the character has no learned spell, Martial Practicing)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2017, 07:48:13 am »

A lot of people have been trying to teach their children spells that are too high tier for them to learn. They will need to learn a tier 1 spell, and practice for a bit before they can learn higher tier ones. Some people have also forgotten to assign their xp reward from the crisis. That or I missed it when going through the posts. Finally, a few people have blank years, due to one reason or another. I'd recommend filling them.
That's one of the reasons I researched Healing Touch, so that I could teach my child it.
Anyway, I did mention it, but in case you missed it, I'm putting my xp reward into mental.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2017, 08:19:21 am »

Ah, sorry, I thought there was just one xp pool for both.

I was going to save it for mental, but now I want to spend it on might.

Anti-Magic Dart Volley (2) - [Counter][Ranged][Short Cast] A burst of three Magic Darts, the key difference being that it disrupts enchantments and magical energy on a hit, rather than causing physical trauma.
Three is not a volley, and I wish to rename it to Anti-Magic Dart Cluster.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 01, 2017, 08:24:56 am »

Year 12: Research Summon Air Elemental
Year 13: Teach ^ to Lucio Jr.  If I can, if not, continue researching it.

As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 01, 2017, 08:58:15 am »

Current plan:
Year 1: enhance seal defenses with caster circles.
2-4: magic practice.
5-10:Might training
11-13:Get soldiers.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 01, 2017, 09:31:54 am »

Current plan:
1. Caster Circles aren't permanent, you'd have to renew them daily.
2. How many and what type?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 03, 2017, 03:26:51 pm »

Current plan:
1. Caster Circles aren't permanent, you'd have to renew them daily.
2. How many and what type?
Dunno if this is all you're waiting on, but in the absence of a response from them, how about just doing this so we can carry on:

1: Carve the necessary runes and such into the floor, so that the Caster Circles themselves can be cast quicker.
2: 2x Light, 2x Medium (total upkeep: 6) (I figure he probably doesn't want to spend much more than that on soldiers). Spend year 13 training with soldiers instead of recruiting more.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 03, 2017, 03:40:51 pm »

Yup that was definitely what I was waiting on, rather than having forgotten I was running a forum game. I'll get to work on that turn.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 03, 2017, 05:13:19 pm »

Sorry for not posting, life got busy. Nuke's response is fairly accurate as to what I want to do.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2017, 06:05:08 pm »

Child's Play: Years 10 - 22

Now in the prime of their lives, the majority of the archmages have endeavored to secure their dynasty. Hera, Antonius and Raellius were all blessed with an heir within a year of one another. Theos Harinus, Donato Lucio and Brin Rennin follow Arrieta Hatio as the next generation of Mages. Once Arrieta comes of age, Leotherm's wife provides him with a son, Leotherm the Second. Count Tridian, Lewis Lumiere and Sara Galliene are the only ones without a secure line, but in the latter case, she has plenty of time to rectify the issue if she so desires.

Babysitting magical children is a stressful task. Being woken up for the tenth time that night is bad enough, but to then have to dispel the random strands of magic that got created during the tantrum takes its toll. Leotherm and Hera now also share the ambiguous honour of surviving a pair of magical toddlers. They say it was easy enough, but the twin Vietnam stares, along with the witness reports imply otherwise.

Meanwhile, their peers were furthering the bounds of knowledge. A large training field was filled with various targets and soon after a variety of combat related spells were produced. Fireballs, giant lasers and high velocity rocks could be seen destroying the wooden dummies and most of the treeline this last decade.

---

Summer of year twenty-two had been uncharacteristically wet and storms had been brewing with a frequency never before seen in living memory. Rivers and streams were swollen to bursting point, and the ground was water logged and marshy. Two days after the firs leaves began to fall, the inevitable happened. Another storm rolled in, lightning and torrential rain competing for real estate in the sky. The banks broke, and the water started to rise. Best guesses suggest the flood will reach Fort Knot in a couple of hours. It is unknown what will happen to the Seal if it submerged or if it is hit by lightning, and no one particularly wants to find out.

What do you do to protect the Seal, and what will you do to help with the inevitable devastation in the kingdom once your immediate concerns are dealt with?

---

New Mechanic Unlocked: Old Age - Once a mage reaches 60, I will roll 3d10 to calculate the age of death. This gives an average life expectancy of 76.5. You will not be informed in advance of impending death unless it is dynasty ending. For simplicity, a mage stays fertile until death.
The Glossary has been updated

Spoiler: Fort Knot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: House Hatio (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: House Harinus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: House Lucio (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: House Rennin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: House Galliene (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: House Lumier (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: House Tridian (click to show/hide)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2017, 06:15:07 pm »

It is unknown what will happen to the Seal if it [..] is hit by lightning, and no one particularly wants to find out.
Did we build the seal room as an open-air courtyard or something? :(

How many Conjured Barriers would it take to surround the seal completely, at the thickest setting?
Is it easy to create a pyramid roof of conjured barriers over the seal?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12