Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Archmage: The Blood of Magic  (Read 13717 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Archmage: The Blood of Magic
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2017, 04:04:38 pm »

What greater vampirism spell? :P

Do you mean either of lesser vampirism or vampirism?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2017, 04:12:50 pm »

-What's the terrain around the rift like?
Rolling hills, scattered woodland and a heck of a lot of farmland. The rift itself is about halfway up a hill.

-How long would it take to build a decently sized and defensible castle?
How long is a piece of string? Some time was spent last year building what amounts to a defensible manor house on top of it.

-How long would it take to build up a town around said castle?
There's a number of small villages scattered within a day's walk, two days away is the nearest town and a week's walk is the capital where the archmages each open some property and spend the majority of their time. As such there's no real need for one here. You would have to have a good reason to cause so many people to relocate.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2017, 04:23:18 pm »

What greater vampirism spell? :P

Do you mean either of lesser vampirism or vampirism?
Yes I meant the moderate vampirism spell, are you willing to teach it, is the question, however.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2017, 04:55:55 pm »

Teach it to one of our kids (after ten years of xp grinding), and have them sit around keeping us all young! Hurray for the evil side!

Hmm. Hey, Nuke, got any plans for age reversal that doesn't require blood magic? I'm thinking someone could make one that can be cast at a lower skill level by needing magical reagents that need a mage's time to gather.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2017, 05:22:05 pm »

Well, not really. Mostly as it's basically a stepping stone to getting the really good versions of it. Also means I can run around flipping everyone else the bird with the fact that I have practically eternal youth :P

Spoiler: Galliene Turn (click to show/hide)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2017, 05:39:03 pm »

Leotherm chooses the extra mental point.

Green Lightning Storm (6): An evocation of massive power, the user channels a lot of directed energy into the sky, to cast a bombardment of lighting around a mass of an area. The lighting is green and has a green glow to it, for only thematic purposes
Evoke Rock Shard (2): The user can either channel energy from the ground or from thin air to create a sharpened stone made of hardened dirt, whichever is easier, to cast a high-velocity shard of the earth to be projected at a directed threat. It's a simple moderate-range attack spell.

(This is of course, assuming House Lucio will be looking over my child. Also, if your not going to share the secrets of eternal life, House Galliene, than I'll lead personally research into duplicating your spell, muahaha
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 02:59:07 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2017, 05:42:08 pm »

Hmm. Hey, Nuke, got any plans for age reversal that doesn't require blood magic? I'm thinking someone could make one that can be cast at a lower skill level by needing magical reagents that need a mage's time to gather.
Death comes for us all. Healing can only postpone the inevitable.
...postpone it for a considerable amount of time. That might actually be worth looking into. Something like

Elixir of Youth (primitive) [Level 3-5?]: This spell/ritual creates a potion that resembles clear spring water, but in fact extends the consumer's lifespan by at least a decade. Multiple doses have reduced effectiveness, requiring a more potent version (ie, Elixir of Youth (intermediate)) to extend life far beyond that.

With successively more complex varieties extending life further and further, until something like Elixir of Youth (legendary) that lets one live for centuries. And probably costs half a kingdom to make.
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2017, 06:10:02 pm »

I never said I wasn't gonna share it, I just... you know, have to research it first. Cart before the horse asking for it now :P

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2017, 06:18:38 pm »

Sure, than I guess it's me just imagining your going for something ridiculous on trying to get Superior Vampirism (20 Power), your character age rate is reduced to 1/1000th.

Anyways, Kashyyk, my child was born last year essentially, which is a year before everyone else, would Arrieta become a full fledged wizard at year 9?, or does everyone except Arrieta, become fully fledged mage at year 11?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2017, 06:21:37 pm »

I think Kashyyk would just let me stop aging before that point :P

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2017, 06:51:06 pm »

Alright, shadowclaw, I think we should each spend five years raising our two kids. Sound fair to you?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2017, 07:09:11 pm »

Alright, shadowclaw, I think we should each spend five years raising our two kids. Sound fair to you?
Gotcha, I'll take the children for the first 5 years, you spend the rest, years 6-10, maintaining them.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2017, 07:36:17 pm »

K

Put point into Mental

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Notes:
Selective Spirit Wall is intended to allow those with special signet rings to pass through them.
If making the rings is not a free action, just redact the whole "year 4-5" and just do it for one year.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 08:17:29 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2017, 07:52:41 pm »

K

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Notes:
Selective Spirit Wall is intended to allow those with special signet rings to pass through them.
If making the rings is not a free action, just redact the whole "year 4-5" and just do it for one year.
You could in your Year 11-13 teach Spirit Wall and some other spell you know for the younglings, perhaps Summon Earth Elementals or whatever else. Also your main character, Antonius, has a free point to spend into Mental power or Martial power
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 07:55:35 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2017, 08:01:06 pm »

Add caster's circles to the fort knot (I really want to rename it since I was the first to think of fortifying the seal, even if I scheduled it for later in the year) for a year. Spend three years improving my magical prowess,five years improving my physical might, and the rest recruiting volunteers to fight alongside me.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 08:03:12 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12