Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Valhalla-Bound (Pathfinder) (4/5) - OOC Thread  (Read 18742 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Valhalla-Bound (Pathfinder) (0/4)
« Reply #150 on: June 01, 2017, 02:24:50 pm »

Dragur are a thing in Norse lore. Assume undead, albeit more sentient, are going to appear
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 01, 2017, 03:13:46 pm »

Here he is, the man you've all been waiting for.

Sorry about the ridiculous amount of time it took to get him posted. Everything should be complete except his backstory. (I'll also be adding spell/feat descriptions in the Other Notes area, mostly for my own benefit.)
Yay, backstory done! Sheet = complete.

Look good, Tawa?
I'm getting a 404 Not Found from that link.

As far as trinkets go, I'm not sure what else to do. I picked up a cheap Holy Text and a Signet Ring (both mostly for flavor, the ring has a religious order engraving rather than that of a noble house) and chose the free outfit we're supposed to get. The SRD doesn't mention that Poetic Edda thing anywhere as far as I can tell.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 03:39:37 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2017, 03:53:47 pm »

I added a journal, ink, and a pen because I'd like Vil to keep said journal of all the people he kills cool things he does in his mom's name. This will make sense in a moment.

Sheet should work; does for me.
Black lives matter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 01, 2017, 04:04:40 pm »

It looks like it goes to something called "bay12forums.com/sheet". I don't recall B12 having the ability to store character sheets or anything like that. You sure about that link address?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 01, 2017, 04:32:47 pm »

Sorry about the ridiculous amount of time it took to get him posted. Everything should be complete except his backstory. (I'll also be adding spell/feat descriptions in the Other Notes area, mostly for my own benefit.)

Look good, Tawa?

As far as trinkets go, I'm not sure what else to do. I picked up a cheap Holy Text and a Signet Ring (both mostly for flavor, the ring has a religious order engraving rather than that of a noble house) and chose the free outfit we're supposed to get. The SRD doesn't mention that Poetic Edda thing anywhere as far as I can tell.
Poetic Edda won't be on there. It would be a religious text for this world. The Poetic Edda is just the actual name
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 01, 2017, 04:33:48 pm »

That happens to me whenever I'm using a proxy; for some reason, clicking the link omits the Mythweavers part of the URL and it gets all weird. I just had to quote the post and then take the link from inside, would that work?
Black lives matter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 01, 2017, 04:59:36 pm »

Look good, Tawa?

Poetic Edda won't be on there. It would be a religious text for this world. The Poetic Edda is just the actual name
Oh. Well, that'd explain it.

Religious Texts (according to the SRD) start at 10gp and get pricier from there. I went with the cheap option since it will likely be seeing combat and bad weather, not sitting cozy in some library.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 01, 2017, 05:09:32 pm »

Quick mechanics question:

My chosen Inquisition (sorta like a Domain for clerics) grants a bonus feat, but I do not currently meet the normal prerequisites for that feat. Do I still gain the benefits of that feat, or will it have to wait until I meet the prerequisite?

It's not a tough prerequisite - it just needs a BAB of at least +1 - so I'll have it by level 2 at the latest anyway, but I'd like to know.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 01, 2017, 05:17:26 pm »

I think class abilities that grant bonus feats just give you the feat regardless of prerequisites. I mean, I get Weapon Focus as a bonus feat at level 1 despite having no BAB right now. :P
Black lives matter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 01, 2017, 05:24:52 pm »

That's what I assumed, but I didn't want to make an ass out of u and me (mostly me :P ).

So nice. Step Up seems like a great feat for combating casters and ranged fighters.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 01, 2017, 06:34:26 pm »

I've made an addition to the lore; the Western continent and its primary religion have names now, and descriptions of more distant Mungaršr cultures have been added. I won't provide maps of these areas just yet, because out-of-game they're not important yet and I'm not 100% sure I'm finished with the "full-size" maps I've made, and in-game because they're often not included in the maps your characters have available to them.

E: Uh, scratch that, I made the OP too long. Hang on a sec while I come up with a workaround.
E2: The setting notes are now in a pastebin, which is even better because it also allows me to describe the western lands in more detail--in the interest of saving space, I had previously shortened my full notes about the western kingdoms, but now I have as much space as I need. Enjoy the for-the-time-being useless descriptions of not!the-middle-east-and-central-asia.

Also, that sheet is looking good, SenBow.

Speaking of setting, do undead exist at all in this world? I know that metagaming is something to be avoided, but at the same time I would rather not waste one of my limited known spell slots on an anti-undead spell if it will never see use.
In Mungaršr, even attempting to raise the dead is forbidden and unknown even among sorcerers--attempting to bring back others is seen as the domain of the gods, and the idea of raising the dead as slaves is altogether unknown to them. However, legends are known of vengeful spirits rising from their grave mounds on dark nights to wreak havoc on innocent men and women.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 06:45:21 pm by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2017, 06:35:26 pm »

yay c:
Black lives matter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 01, 2017, 06:36:53 pm »

How vague. Well, guess I'll keep the spell around. It's only a 0th-level spell anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 01, 2017, 06:47:53 pm »

Sorry about that, I'm not always sure where to draw the line of vagueness. In short, yes, but not just yet.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18