Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Valhalla-Bound (Pathfinder) (4/5) - OOC Thread  (Read 18729 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Valhalla-Bound (Pathfinder) (0/4)
« Reply #165 on: June 01, 2017, 06:52:26 pm »

Nah, I get it. It's a fine line here.

I put the spell on my sheet weeks ago, so I'll just leave it in place.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 01, 2017, 09:31:39 pm »

Speaking of setting, do undead exist at all in this world? I know that metagaming is something to be avoided, but at the same time I would rather not waste one of my limited known spell slots on an anti-undead spell if it will never see use.
In Mungaršr, even attempting to raise the dead is forbidden and unknown even among sorcerers--attempting to bring back others is seen as the domain of the gods, and the idea of raising the dead as slaves is altogether unknown to them. However, legends are known of vengeful spirits rising from their grave mounds on dark nights to wreak havoc on innocent men and women.
So... probably not gonna find a Bone Razor anytime soon/at all, except maybe as the reward for some epic quest. Got it.

Also, PSA: Some alchemical components can be used to empower certain spells. While most applications consume the alchemical material, three do not. They are:
1. Alchemist's Fire can give a +1 circumstance bonus to the attack rolls of the Scorching Ray spell.
2. Acid can give a +1 bonus to the damage of the Acid Splash cantrip.
3. Liquid Ice can give a +1 bonus to the damage of the Ray of Frost cantrip.

Honorable mention: While the material is consumed by this, you can use a (very cheap) dose of salt to boost the CL of any Necromancy spell's "effects" by one.

For more information, see the list of alchemical stuff here: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/goods-and-services/herbs-oils-other-substances/#TOC-Spellscorch

Oh, and all of this alchemical stuff is mundane, IIRC, so you can start the game with it.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 01, 2017, 10:13:37 pm »

Look. We get that you want to be part of the game, but outside of finishing your paladin, please, for the love of God, STOP.

You post one after another in rapid succession, you butt in with random stuff like that, and you do like power gaming. But after you butting in and saying how you want to pimp out Sirus' holy symbol and this, you're just being rude.

No one wants to be told how to play their characters.

Now tone it down with trying to tell people how to play and slow down on the posts. Edit if you have more to say.

And keep some questions in messages straight to Tawa, I'm not gonna say this last one again
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 01, 2017, 10:42:45 pm »

Look. We get that you want to be part of the game, but outside of finishing your paladin, please, for the love of God, STOP.

You post one after another in rapid succession, you butt in with random stuff like that, and you do like power gaming. But after you butting in and saying how you want to pimp out Sirus' holy symbol and this, you're just being rude.

No one wants to be told how to play their characters.

Now tone it down with trying to tell people how to play and slow down on the posts. Edit if you have more to say.

And keep some questions in messages straight to Tawa, I'm not gonna say this last one again
Okay.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 02, 2017, 07:09:47 pm »

excited staring
Black lives matter.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Valhalla-Bound (Pathfinder) (5/5)
« Reply #170 on: June 02, 2017, 08:37:11 pm »

Alright, I'm making an executive decision: we can do 5 people.

I'm doing this because of a few reasons:
- At the deadline, we've had 5 great sheets turned in. Not only are they really good, but I'd also feel bad singling out just one person who's already provided a sheet to get waitlisted.
- 4 of you I've made promises of games to--Sirus has been interested since I first mentioned running this; SenBow, MNII, and HB were signed up for my indefinitely-hiatus'd steampunk game.
- Although highmax doesn't have any prior promises or interaction with any of my games, I feel that he's really gone all out with his backstory, describing not only his character but his entire family in great detail.
- Honestly, 4 feels a little small for an adventuring party anyway.

I'll repurpose this thread as the out-of-character discussion thread. The in-character thread will, ideally, be up soon.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Valhalla-Bound (Pathfinder) (5/5) - OOC Thread
« Reply #171 on: June 02, 2017, 08:48:30 pm »

\o/

Let's pillage it up, ladies/gentlemen.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 02, 2017, 10:11:20 pm »

yaaaaay
Black lives matter.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 02, 2017, 11:58:00 pm »

First post is up!

I hope you don't mind my usage of some, ahem, assets, to set the tone. Images not to scale. More ships may appear than are actually present. The virgin shores of Righland are more distant than they appear.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 03, 2017, 12:06:32 am »

Darn, missed the deadline. I was hoping to have finished it by tonight, but my nap lasted a little bit longer than expected.

Well, if someone dies or you'd like my advice, pm me. I'll probably still watch the OOC thread (a.k.a. this one), but I won't step in unless pm'd (due to highmax's request).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 12:08:21 am by ATHATH »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 03, 2017, 04:17:53 am »

What's the proper honorific/greeting for this situation? I want to make sure I treat the captain with respect.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 03, 2017, 10:36:30 pm »

cough
Black lives matter.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 09, 2017, 07:24:00 pm »

Black lives matter.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 22, 2017, 08:41:19 am »

So is this gonna be another dropped Tawa game?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18