Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: Picture Wars - Inter Dimensional Chaos (Free for all)  (Read 23447 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Picture Wars - beginners game (?/4)
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 10:01:37 pm »

Sure. I'll try it. Just be ready to give me the boot if I fail to do things in a timely manner.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Picture Wars - beginners game (?/4)
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2017, 10:21:37 pm »

I've begun work on an army. My idea is animal soldiers made through a genetically-manipulatable base. So far, I've an all-around beast soldier with moderate range and good short-range damage, a sniper bird that quickly moves through the air to achieve optimal sniping positions, and a tanking turtle that deals slow area damage with his gun. Also, the tanks that spawn them.
Spoiler: Sprite Sheet So Far (click to show/hide)
They look better than my first sprites did, but what size are they? They seem a little big, I can't currently check cause doing stuff on a different computer without an editor. The "human" scale in PW is 25 px and you don't want to make too big sprites just because they won't fit in most maps.
Edit: Took a closer look from my phone and the size is just fine and they are awesome!
Edit Edit: It will be easier if you work with a traditional sky-blue color for the background this way you will see how the colors would look in a traditional PW map.

Oh hey....now here is the fun question, do I use the new and improved Piratopians or make a new army? How bout I do both or something...
I would try something new, if you have time, cause I find that making new armies and then coming back to your old ones is the best way of improving your skills. Should I sign you up for this thread or you're gonna play in the other thread, not sure what was your experience with PW other than that last match.

Sure. I'll try it. Just be ready to give me the boot if I fail to do things in a timely manner.
Great!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 10:30:41 pm by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Picture Wars - beginners game (4/4), accepting interested players
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2017, 04:48:26 am »

So it took me a shit tone of time, but found ten suiting, more or less, beginners maps. I'm not gonna put up a poll because of how many options there are, but we can go ahead and decide normaly. If we can't decided together than I'm just gonna choose a map. Some of the maps are smaller some are bigger, but all are awesome.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

@Tntey, I'm not sure if you played PW before, though I think you did. Mind confirming this?
@Gwolfski, you can go ahead and post in the other thread if you still want to join.

Edit:
By the way, I will be using this army. I still have to work on it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 05:07:01 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2017, 05:45:07 am »

Actually after reading the PW rules I think I'm going to pull out of this
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2017, 08:01:32 am »

I'm unfortunately pulling out too. I've just realized how little time I have to actually work on something like this. Sorry :C
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2017, 08:02:36 am »

Actually after reading the PW rules I think I'm going to pull out of this

I'm unfortunately pulling out too. I've just realized how little time I have to actually work on something like this. Sorry :C
Ok, sure.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 08:09:51 am by snow dwarf »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: Picture Wars - beginners game (3/4), accepting interested players
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2017, 02:43:52 pm »

I can do it.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2017, 05:48:26 pm »

I can still do it as well, I like the jungle ruins map btw
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2017, 10:45:42 pm »

I can still do it as well, I like the jungle ruins map btw
As I think about it the map seems a bit small for 4 people. What about map 4?
I can do it.
Great

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Picture Wars (full, though accepting interested players)
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2017, 08:52:44 am »

OceanSoul is still making his army so what if we start this match in 3~4 days so that you guys can prep your sprites? Though we still have to decide on the map.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2017, 10:06:53 am »

PtW for this round. Is there going to be a round two in this thread?
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2017, 10:15:21 am »

PtW for this round. Is there going to be a round two in this thread?
Not in this thread and we are not sure if we can actually finish this but we can start another game if you are intersted (currently doing everything to promote PW and save as much as possible before it inevitably goes down).
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 04:02:21 am by snow dwarf »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2017, 06:02:47 pm »

Map 4 and 5 seem roughly the same size tbh....
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2017, 10:42:23 pm »

Map 4 and 5 seem roughly the same size tbh....
Yeah they are, but on map 4 there are only two places, maybe three, to start from.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2017, 05:22:30 am »

Fair enough...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22