Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: Order of the White Branch: Honourable Beginnings (IC Thread)  (Read 13824 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the White Branch: Honourable Beginnings (IC Thread)
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2017, 11:44:50 am »

"That seems very.....unnecessary. Should we not....instead figure out where our rooms and where.....we should be getting our equipment from?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2017, 11:49:17 am »

"Well, I'm sure that there will be someone to tell us, and the castle is a big place, so I don't think we'd find them by wandering around. This sort of activity familiarizes us with each other anyway, no? Before we go on to the enchanters, I wouldn't mind a spar of my own if anyone would be willing."
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 01:08:06 pm by Powder Miner »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2017, 12:52:02 pm »

"I......suppose so. I will still remain....outside the duels, if I may."

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 31, 2017, 04:29:16 pm »

"I'll do it!" Magnus and Magda both shout at once.  They then stand silent just long enough for it to feel awkward, before Magnus sits back down and Magda, who is the one dressed as an enchanter, steps into the ring.  "I suppose we ought to demonstrate our talents to you all.  Some of them, anyway."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 31, 2017, 04:37:11 pm »

Alice settled back down into her seat, waving a hand towards the pair.
"Sure. You go first."
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2017, 04:31:51 am »

In preparation for the battle to come, Magda conjures up an elegant, simply-designed rapier of translucent magical energy.  A wizard staff is fine for impressing rubes and ignorants, but both twins prefer a more civilized sort of weapon for a match they take seriously.  Plus, if the magics are your specialty, why not bring the magics?  In a fair manner of course.  You can't get the measure of a knight if you simply blast or befuddle them from a distance any more than a knight could get the measure of an enchanter by whacking them over the head before they  can get a spell off.

"En garde, sir knight!  Let us make this a good one."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2017, 08:55:34 am »

Antonio steps into the little space they've been using for their matches, but not before reaching into his pack, lightly tossing the thing he was retrieving into the air, before snatching it with a little flourish: a dagger, still kept undrawn in its inlaid sheath.
"Ah, well, I'm not quite a knight. Not nobility, you see. Still... en garde! Since we're not poking each other full of holes, obviously, I haven't got the slightest idea how this is going to go!"
And he entered a ready stance, still keeping his dagger undrawn -- perhaps simply intending to deal un overwhelming blunt force with the sheath and pommel -- it was a spar, after all.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 01, 2017, 06:07:15 pm »

[1] Magda is randomly selected to go first!

Magda uses her rapier to good effect with her opening attack. [3 4 4 5] = 9 damage!

Antonio catches his opponent off guard with his sudden attack. [2 6 6] = 12 damage!

Magda somehow manages to recover and return a strong blow herself. [3 3 4 6] = 10 damage!

Unfortunately Magda has a sense of Antonio's style now and so his next blow is only glancing. [2 3 3] = 6 damage!

Magda's riposte is devastating to the overextended merchant. [1 3 6 6] = 12 damage!

While these duels are going on, the other members of the Order begin to set out from the castle. Most set out in groups of four or five, though some braver or more foolhearty knights go alone or in groups of two. Who knows how many will fall to the monsters lurking in the fog, but surely it would be a better fate than starving in Castle Camlann. Queen Eirwen, as befitting her noble character, watches them depart and returns every single one of their salutes. When the initial surge has died down, she turns to Baron Rheinallt who is, as always, by her side.

"This cannot be the entire Order, can it?"

"Of course not, my Queen," he replies, acknowledging her words with a bow. "I believe that some are still in the castle, preparing for their journey. With such a perilous task before them they should do their all to be ready."

"Yes, but tardiness may reveal a weakness in their character. Go assemble a few men and see what is keeping the rest of the Order from setting out. I will not tolerate cowardliness in the White Branch."

"Of course, my Queen. At once."

The duellists and assembled onlookers would probably recognize Conor at sight, as he investigates what is going on.

"What's this? A little friendly competition, I hope? It would be a shame to throw you all in the stocks for fighting. Especially you, Antonio. Where will I get my wine if that happens?"

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 01, 2017, 06:24:34 pm »

Vincent had been looking on the fight, though his sight of it was somewhat impaired from his distant position. We had almost wanted to test his skills against the twins himself, but he would've preferred a test of technique and accuracy rather than a direct clashing of blades. He wanted to set up or find targets of some sort to aim weak magic projectiles at, but the time it would've taken to set up would've been awkward. When Conor brought up the fish of punishment, he rose up to approach the center of the area, and tell the man, whose position he was unsure of, "Sir? There was no anger, resentment being flung with their weapons...it was a bout of training. Honing each other's skills, getting to know the other better though the way they fought..neither of the three took any real damage..".
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 02:36:45 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #129 on: April 01, 2017, 07:40:09 pm »

Arvaine looked at the newcomer with his typical expression, which is to say that he glowered with barely-concealed disgust at him. Though it seemed impossible, the expression actually deepened when the man spoke.

"Don't threaten me, even in 'jest.' I'm trying to make sure these people aren't going to get slaughtered as soon as we leave this place."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2017, 09:55:35 pm »

"Aye. And it is my duty to ensure that the castle is running smoothly. Which includes investigating any brawls or fights." Conor is not the least bit intimated by Arvaine but offers him a cheerful smile to dull the bite of his words. "But it looks like this is just a friendly match, so what is the problem? There's no need to be so defensive."

"Hmmm... Are you not a member of the Order yourself? I am surprised that you are still here. I would have thought that you would have left by now. If your comrades could survive the war against the Tyrant than they should be safe outside the castle, should they not?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2017, 09:58:38 pm »

"You do raise a fair point. Perhaps those of us not planning on further showing our skills should form teams if we find them necessary and head out?"

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2017, 10:30:30 pm »

"I'm all for going out on patrol. What are the actual duties of the Order?"
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 01, 2017, 10:55:47 pm »

"Whew! Well, I'll give it to you, you are certainly a skilled fighter!"
Upon Conor's arrival, Antonio quickly peels himself off of the ground without using his hands, springing to his feet, and spinning his sheathed knife once before returning it to his belt.
"Ah, it's just a spar indeed, Conor, so don't you worry. We were merely getting to know each others' fighting styles -- for you see I've joined the order as well. I wouldn't want to leave you dry, though, so I'll let you in on something: that raised mattress I took such pains to bring along? Well, in the wooden box below it is what remains of my stock."
He puts a hand to his chin.
"Unfortunately, it would appear I am beginning to make a habit of tardiness, which really will not do. I've a team to propose: Magda, how about you come along since we've just sparred and we'll know each others' fighting styles better, and then Magnus too since you two sound like a package deal, you, I'm afraid I never caught your name, my apologies," but he's pointing to Arvaine here, "A competent paladin would do any team good, aaand miss Deidre, another enchanter most certainly could not hurt."
He sweeps up his pack and slings it over his back in a smooth motion, jogging towards the door to the barracks.
"Now, we're late enough as it is, so let us not dally! We ought to hhhhhello Baron Rheinallt."
In the middle of stepping through the doorway, Antonio suddenly executes a quick spin and step backwards -- in his energy to go, he's almost run straight into the Baron come to check on them, having avoided this solely through agility.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 01, 2017, 11:35:53 pm »

Deidre seems surprised at being picked by Antonio. She nods calmly, pulling her bag closer to her body, and smiles a little.

She had never seen the fog before nor fought through it, unlike others, but she had joined the Order to help others, and that was what they had set out to do.
".....Of course. I would be.....happy to assist you."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16