Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Dungeon Race: Vunico Thread  (Read 9034 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Race: Vunico Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2017, 02:19:03 pm »

Revision Patriotic Flame Bolts

[16] You try to lower the intelligence of the bolts to no avail. At some point they stopped being able to maintain consciousness due to lack of brain power, and simply died. At some point you discovered that if one of the bolts died before igniting, it causes it to become very floppy. While interesting, it is not useful at all. After multiple attempts, all seemed lost, and you were ready to scrap the project and hire blacksmith to make your bolts. Then you heard a strange noise. It sounds like someone shouting For Vunico! in the tiniest little voice you've ever heard. Apparently one of the apprentice summoners took it upon herself to talk to the bolts about patriotism and the glory of your fine nation. Then the living ammunition held a large meeting to discuss whether or not they'd assist in your fight. After a great deal of discussion, and three versions of a Bill of Rights for Living Ammunition, the Flame Bolts decide to enlist in your army!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2017, 02:24:42 pm »

Man, sentient ammunition. That'll freak the Gorians out. Imagine being shot, then catching fire, then hearing the bolt curse you in a tiny voice.
Long Live United Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2017, 02:25:18 pm »

I've been lurking, but that was enough to push me over the edge.

For Vunico!!

Edit: shoot, I just saw Goria needs more players.  I don't suppose you would mind if I picked their side insead?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 02:30:35 pm by evictedSaint »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2017, 02:34:13 pm »

I've been lurking, but that was enough to push me over the edge.

For Vunico!!

Edit: shoot, I just saw Goria needs more players.  I don't suppose you would mind if I picked their side instead?
I think you could get away with it. None of our advances thus far have been anything that they won't know about after next combat, so you wouldn't be giving them any information.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2017, 02:37:01 pm »

Alright then.  Best of luck, everyone : )

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2017, 04:56:07 pm »

Wait, shouldn't we throw them out? I mean, that was less of an eviction and more of a "so long and thanks for all the fish"...

Also, they have peered into our minds!!! They know not just our tools, but also our methods... If, by some miracle, those hopeless Gorpses fail to perish swiftly enough to satisfy our vengeance. We now have a convenient scapegoat. For Vunico!

I want to try to do something to make orur boss better. It is so easy to neglect the boss. I am not getting any ideas though... Perhaps some sort of giant armour? Then we can try to build other giants to also use that armour?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2017, 08:57:13 pm »

I think we should work up our forces first before buffing the boss, but some Hellfire does sound quite useful.

At the switching player: I guess don't metagame and things will be okay?
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2017, 04:21:49 am »

Pfp

Arrows are adorable.

Personally would prefer if they didn't, or waited a turn or something. But whatever, are probably right, probably too late to stop them anyway. (After all they did wait all of 7 minutes)  :-X

Like the idea of doing something with the boss.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2017, 10:18:24 pm »

After two years your nations finally return to the battlefield. The time apart has not done anything to alleviate tensions and the two armies seem to hate eachother more than ever!

The boiler room is a mixed bag for both sides. Goria invested in some leather armor, but when it comes to the actually fighting, the Vunicos can't help but to laugh. The Gorians all seemed to be dressed in, what looks to be, leather boxes. And while they are certainly better than the old armor, it does make them less able to move freely. This humor disappears once the Gorians reveal their newest weapon, little ice dragons that charge into the Vunico forces. Now they are easy enough to slay, but killing them doesn't seem to be the problem. When the little dragons get into the fray, they explode in icy shrapnel! This is devastating to the Vunico front lines. Vunico counters with kamikazes of their own. Apparently they found a way to induce their crossbow bolts with patriotism, and fire. Tiny voices scream out "FOR VUNICO as they wiz through the air. Now this wouldn't be so bad, if they didn't explode into flames upon impacting the Gorian forces. By the end of the fighting, neither side really gained an advantage, but both sides lost a signifigant number of soldiers.

The expanse tells a very different story. Skirmishes here are mostly won by the Gorians, giving them an advantage in the coming melee. And what a melee it was. Giant slimes led charges of smaller slimes, with devastating effects. These giant slimes were hard to take down, but with the new exploding (and incredibly patriotic) bolts, it was possible for Vunico to regain control of the fighting. They had gained floating shields that covered for their soldiers before entering the fray, however they were easily struck down after they gave up their defensive positions. Of course, the Demon of Vunico slaughtered dozens of men, and inspired his own to do the same. In the end, Vunico gained a small advantage.

The mushroom caverns were completely crazy. Skirmishes of spiders and Vunico-seeking-suicide-lizards, made the early fighting very interesting. Vunico gained a small advantage here, their spiders ability to climb things was simply unparalleled. Vunico boasted larger carpets, that helped alleviate the slowing effect of the enemy slime mages. And when they began raining bolts down from the sky, well, that certainly was spectacular. Too bad for them they were getting slimed and frozen on the ground by the Gorians. With Goria being outgunned by anti-slime explosive bolts, but Vunico being unable to press their advantage, neither side could really make any advances.

Goria wrecked the frozen tunnels. From the get go, they managed to win every skirmish, which left the Vunicos in complete disarray when the melee broke out. The close quarters, and freezing suicide dragons, did massive damage to the Vunico forces. Enchanted swords could only hold them back for so long, even though their new magic shields actually managed to absorb a lot of crossbow bolts here, it just wasn't enough to stop the giant slimes from slithering forward. By the end of the fighting, Goria had managed to retake the ground they lost two years ago.

Strange glowing symbols have appeared in the expanse. They are on the walls, the floor, and some even float midair. It seems some long forgotten artifact is activating in the Expanse next year. You have no idea what it means, but some of the symbols are similar to those you found in your notes.

Spoiler: State of Relt, 514 (click to show/hide)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2017, 10:57:21 pm »

Flamshields
Make the shields more numerous and hot enough to burn. Hopefully they can use their heat to resist the bombs and burn giant slimes and evaporate slime projectiles... Oh, and teach them that the shield that stands to block away from the fray will live to burn the fools who come their way.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 10:59:49 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2017, 01:34:34 am »

Hmm. Exploding ice dragons, you say.
Clearly the sensible counter to this is to develop

Lesser Demons: Like the Fell Demon, but lesser. Standing at just over seven feet tall, pitch black except for the glowing green cracks that run across their bodies, Lesser Demons are intimidating foes. Their physical strength alone would be enough to turn the tide of battle, but it is their ability to summon green fire that frightens the enemy and inspires friends (though to a lesser degree than their greater counterpart) that really stands out.
Lesser Demons are expected to be Very Expensive, but be extremely potent.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2017, 03:49:04 am »

Lesser Demons

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2017, 04:11:45 am »

Pfp

+1 Lessor demons. I swear you folks are stealing my thoughts.

Think they will patch any flame weakness soonish,  flame lizards, fire aborbing/retardent slime/armour.

Maybe make better crossbows this revision, faster/auto reload etc. I mean if by some miracle the demons/whatever is made come out with no issues to fix.

Edit: or would auto be more of a design? In which case probably not worth  it. Either revision might jack up the price, which would run counter to the idea of getting more bolts flying.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 04:32:14 am by Cain12 »

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2017, 06:04:52 am »

If the Lesser Demons go well I think we should spend our revision on our Shields, they are extremely limited in use currently and they are apparently not able to couple with our carpets very well. A revision will hopefully help with that. Also +1 Lesser Demons.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2017, 08:13:11 am »

Lesser Demons
+1.

Next round we 'ought to make imps (least demons) and give them short range teleportation, consider how confusing that would get?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7