Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: The Necromancers (8/8)[FULL!]  (Read 10007 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Necromancers (7/7)
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2017, 10:21:53 pm »

((So standard magic conservation policy in action planning then, good. Thanks for the info!))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2017, 11:11:39 pm »

"To avoid providing me food you would need to be incapable of emotion, and by proxy incapable of motivation, or action, or decision making, or really anything. So no. It would not be within your power to cause starvation."
"I believe that I am living-proof of the error in that statement."

What killed our old master, anyway?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2017, 11:19:49 pm »

"To avoid providing me food you would need to be incapable of emotion, and by proxy incapable of motivation, or action, or decision making, or really anything. So no. It would not be within your power to cause starvation."

"That isn't the only way to get rid of you, fox-thing. Enough with the infighting for now though; The order of nature will solve itself eventually."
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2017, 11:23:44 pm »

((Oh, and lemme just call it now so I can gloat ahead of time: we're part of Lakhmet's plan to revive himself; either as we use our powers he'll gradually reincarnate in or through one of us, or in this place is hidden a ritual to recreate him, or somesuch. There's little reason he'd have taken the effort to teleport us away from whatever danger he faced.

Unless he was actually altruistic for some reason, in which case he truly was exceptional for managing to reach lichdom with such a set of intact morals.))
Sig! Onol

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2017, 11:27:56 pm »

"You feel. You simply feel in a different manner to the norm. You hunger, you desire, you want. You have motivation instinctual and logical. You are living proof that I am not wrong."

"That isn't the only way to get rid of you, fox-thing. Enough with the infighting for now though; The order of nature will solve itself eventually.
"Perhaps. However is it really worth the effort and implied risk? Perhaps not. As for the natural order, do you really believe that still applies? Every single mind present is capable of toying with the Arcana and we are currently within a pocket dimension stylized to be a graveyard. I believe the implicit implications of that defines the lack of normalcy."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2017, 11:33:40 pm »

((Believe me when I say it's only an excersise in frustration to debate the fox on that particular matter unless you're willing to actually murder it over it.
Which is an option, there's a waitlist and everything. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT))
Sig! Onol

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2017, 11:36:11 pm »

((It's absolutely an exercise in frustration to debate with him. The more ye debate, the more rise he gets outa ya, and therefore the more food. If one gets irked enough to actually lash out physically he gets even more and can feed off of you while retaliating. To him it's a win/win with both wins going to him. Zakir is a lil shithead.))

7thOutpost

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2017, 03:09:41 pm »

Name: Naoztxr'itra
Race: Black Ethergaunt

Head into the mausoleum, in hopes of finding whatever information of where he is.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 04:14:43 pm by 7thOutpost »

7thOutpost

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2017, 03:10:41 pm »

Sry, doublepost ^^

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
Re: The Necromancers (8/8)
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2017, 03:50:55 pm »

((Never mind, why wasn't I selected?))
No sig yet

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: The Necromancers (8/8)
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2017, 04:06:31 pm »

((Never mind, why wasn't I selected?))
I select my players based on how interesting I think they'll make the game, though it's mostly random either way since every character has no advantage or disadvantage over the others. RNGesus is king here. Your char didn't make it in 'cause I liked the other candidates who chose humanoid characters a little better. (I mean, c'mon, we have to have a Dwarf; this is a DF community!) You might still make it in once if someone inevitably dies, though! Waitlist will be posted this evening after I do everyone's actions.

Also, I'm putting 7thOutpost in as our 8th player, and locking the playerlist in. Game will begin in earnest tonight!

(7thOutpost is in 'cause I know him as a good RP'er who loves necromancy, and is deep into D&D.)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2017, 06:01:28 pm »

Name: Naoztxr'itra
Race: Black Ethergaunt

Head into the mausoleum, in hopes of finding whatever information of where he is.
It doesn't matter in this case because we're not playing an actual game of D&D, but keep in mind that most of the stuff on dandwiki (like that conversion of Ethergaunts to reasonable PCs) is homebrew.

"You feel. You simply feel in a different manner to the norm. You hunger, you desire, you want. You have motivation instinctual and logical. You are living proof that I am not wrong."
"What exactly are the limits of what you can and cannot feed on? Can you feed on the emotions of a modron or a creature from the Far-Realms? How about the emotions of a god?"
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Necromancers (8/8)[FULL!]
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2017, 06:26:28 pm »

"If a mind feels it, I can eat it. This includes those of gods and extraplanars. It might not be useful for anything beyond raw energy but energy remains useful. The stronger and more intelligent the mind that experiences it is, the more I get out of it. To give a mildly metaphysics intensive answer, what I eat is effectivly the stuff that drifts around after it's processed and refined by the mind into something more energetic and 'solid.' If you've ever been to a place where you get the impression that many have tread and lived and felt and died. That impression is what I eat. I specifically eat the energy that lingers after you feel. Without that, the energy would settle in, merge with similar bits from other minds, and result in those previously mentioned locational or object impressions until someone like me comes along to eat. To clarify in simpler terms. You've already felt the emotion by the time I chow down. The only thing that loses out would be other Empathic creatures and possibly some forms of Telepath."

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2017, 06:42:08 pm »

"If a mind feels it, I can eat it. This includes those of gods and extraplanars. It might not be useful for anything beyond raw energy but energy remains useful. The stronger and more intelligent the mind that experiences it is, the more I get out of it. To give a mildly metaphysics intensive answer, what I eat is effectivly the stuff that drifts around after it's processed and refined by the mind into something more energetic and 'solid.' If you've ever been to a place where you get the impression that many have tread and lived and felt and died. That impression is what I eat. I specifically eat the energy that lingers after you feel. Without that, the energy would settle in, merge with similar bits from other minds, and result in those previously mentioned locational or object impressions until someone like me comes along to eat. To clarify in simpler terms. You've already felt the emotion by the time I chow down. The only thing that loses out would be other Empathic creatures and possibly some forms of Telepath."
"What about those of another kitsune or yourself?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2017, 06:53:37 pm »

"As a Tsuki I could feed off of other Tsuki, Inari, and Yakko in Theory. In practice any member of my species worth their salt will be feeding off themselves and therefore would not be providing any output for others to nom. As a Tsuki I do not output enough to self sustain. Inari and Yakko however produce enough to self sustain and then some. The amount of energy a Kitsune puts out can and often does scale with age, as well as how the soul or souls are shaped and formatted."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10